All leader portraits

Here's a collage matching the leaders with their portraits. Please report any mistakes.

Spoiler :

E1 looks almost identical to Henry IV of France, which the intern might have switched up with B3. Black clothing could hint at protestantism - Jan van Riebeeck perhaps?

Spoiler :

GG nicely done

If Pericles is not for Greece but for the Hellenic League, that would give us a bit more scope for B5.

Spoiler :

I think A4 is Pedro II, from Brazil, when he was young:
Spoiler :

Edit: Just now I realize that you alread discovered that...

Isabella for Spain, Phillip for Spanish Netherlands?

So many angry Dutch people if this were true :lol:

Could be a mix-up with Henri IV as suggested, but in that case I still don't know who the chap who is where Henri IV is meant to be is.

Black clothing could hint at protestantism

Henri IV was a protestant who converted to catholicism for political reasons but as a monarch he greatly improved the rights of protestans with the edict of Nantes.

In Europa Universalis he is one of the few skill 6-6-6 leaders (perfect skill) and the only max skill leader of France.

Lol, no Southeast Asian civilization?

Yeah, they're certainly going for "diversity", omitting a part of world history which had a dozen great empires and kingdoms and is inhabited by nearly 10% of the world population.

The resolution is bad on purpose.

And no Persia???!!! WTF?

This is ridiculous, how can they omit one of the greatest civilizations in world history?

First the Achaemenid Empire, the largest empire the world had yet seen, followed by the Great Parthian and Sassanid Empire.

Oh and they put Gandhi in again, how terribly disappointing.

Lol, no Southeast Asian civilization?

Yeah, they're certainly going for "diversity", omitting a part of world history which had a dozen great empires and kingdoms and is inhabited by nearly 10% of the world population.

I'm surprised too. That's why I thought C5 might be Khmer.

Mongolia has been a favorite and often a staple in the game though so not sure if my theory holds.

Could E1 be the Kingdom of the Suebi? Located in modern-day Portugal? Fits between Spain (Isabella) and Sumeria (Gilgamesh)..

I might legit cry if this turned out to be a red herring. So many potentially amazing leaders!

I said it on page 1, but the picture of Roosevelt looks like an actual early in game, developed leader head. The exaggerated fat cheeks and mustache are similar to what we've seen in the release, plus I cant find a historical google image to fit. Maybe he was the only leader being worked on at the time of the photo, so some of these leaders could have been changed since. (Maybe why it seems why have 2 leaders for Spain..they were undecided)

Top Bottom