First Look: Spain

I am wondering if you can split fleets (corps or armies) up into multiple units again if needed...

Do we know what the other civs on the minimap here are?

EDIT > Oh, apparantly it's China, Japan and France, although the colours seem really off to me.

In CIV5, Denmark and Polynesia's bonuses are pretty much all sea related, which makes them so map-dependent. This time around a lot of the CIVs get some bonuses on sea, but they also have non sea related bonus to make them more flexible. I am liking what they do more and more, HYPEssssss.:lol:

From what I saw, the combining of the two ships into a fleet didn't change the appearance of the unit. It was still just a single ship where I was expecting to see two. Hopefully I either saw it wrong or they're still working on the art assets for combined units.

Well I am upset that this makes much of my design for Georgia redundant, but this looks like a cool civ, and I'm happy how well they've managed to represent Spain this time.

Back to the drawing board for me and Tamar I guess :twitch:

Holy cow, those religious bonuses!

Make cash with intercontinental fleets, buy conquistadors and apostles, go conquer just over half of every other civ cities, then give back the cities and bam - who expected Spain's religious victory?

Or just fine tune founding and donating own cities, taken cities and pure coversions for faster results. :goodjob:

I really love how every civ seems to be even more overpowered than previous one :D

Very nice stuff here. Religious war bonuses, early fleet merging, trade route bonuses (seemed to be food/production).

My only concern this whole new religious mechanic system. Seems to be pretty complicated, hopefully it is not too tedious (not sure if it is right word). I just wouldn't be happy if it was necessary to move tons of religious units around the map.

I'm assuming Treasure "Fleets" also applies to land cities on different "Continents", which if so, could be a huge early bonus given what we've seen on maps. If your very first trade route early game is extra strength, that's an awesome bonus. Big incentive to use that continent lens and straddle lines.

Omg.. he's so charming, I think he's my crush for Civ 6 xD

I'd never expect to say this, but here's a Spanish monarch that looks handsome :D

So... Spain sounds like a very interesting civ! I love how the bonus are so nicely tied to the historical simulation. Missions in foreign continents that also give science? Conquistadores imposing religion in other cities? Treasure fleets? Count me in!

PS: I'm a historian and I research indigenous resistance to Spanish conquest. Saying all I said above kills me :blush:

Jakarta as city-state

So is Kumasi, seen in the end of the video.
Also the Galapagos Islands, both when they scroll back to the main continent.

The guy sure has big hands.

Cool leader. It will be a bit annoying to bring a missionary along with your UU, I think.

Here is Philip II, looking all jolly! :D His outfit is a bit awkward, but he looks really cool in my opinion.

Unfortunately, we never get to see Spain's icon, but jugding from their colors, it'll probably be based on this.

And finally, here's a little detail: icons for fleets have two stars on top.

As for opinions on Spain, I always said that Spain being religion focused felt off because India and Arabia both deserve that much more than Spain.
However, they did one thing I was not expecting them to do, which makes me happy: Spain gets no bonus to founding religion. Just bonuses to expanding their religion through militaristic means. (I assume the Mission improvement comes too late to help with founding religion).
This feels very well done, and I'm really surprised by how much I enjoy it! :)

Top Bottom