Prehistoric+Enlighment+FW Compatibility Patch

My game crashed when ever i copied this mod into the MODS folder (i was doing it when the game was in main menu).
Even if i copied the mod before started the game, the game crashed just before entered the main menu.
I got no problem with the other mods.
I had same problem.
Solution: launch CivilizationV.exe in fullscreen with default options, go to MOD menu, then quit and launch CivilizationV_DX11.exe

Is your game version 1.0.3.279? You can see at the bottom of the main menu.

I had same problem.
Solution: launch CivilizationV.exe in fullscreen with default options, go to MOD menu, then quit and launch CivilizationV_DX11.exe
When do i copy the mod into MODS folder?
If i copy the mod before i start the game, the game will crash just before enter the Main menu (not even enter the MOD menu).

Is your game version 1.0.3.279? You can see at the bottom of the main menu.
Aye, mine is 1.0.3.279

When do i copy the mod into MODS folder?
If i copy the mod before i start the game, the game will crash just before enter the Main menu (not even enter the MOD menu).
That's strange, it shouldn't matter what you have in the MODS folder until you click the MOD menu.

1) Close the game.
2) Go to C:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache and delete every file and folder inside (but not the folder cache itself)
3) Delete everything in C:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS folder.
4) Manually install prehistoric era reborn, enlightenment era, future words and the patch. Make sure that all mods are the latest version. Links are in the first post of this thread.
5) Start the game. If it works, skip step 6 and proceed to step 7
6) Enable logging then run the game again, and after it crashes post the log files here.
7) Now that it works, slowly add the mods you want, 1 mod at a time and test each time. See when it breaks.

That's strange, it shouldn't matter what you have in the MODS folder until you click the MOD menu.

1) Close the game.
2) Go to C:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache and delete every file and folder inside (but not the folder cache itself)
3) Delete everything in C:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS folder.
4) Manually install prehistoric era reborn, enlightenment era, future words and the patch. Make sure that all mods are the latest version. Links are in the first post of this thread.
5) Start the game. If it works, skip step 6 and proceed to step 7
6) Enable logging then run the game again, and after it crashes post the log files here.
7) Now that it works, slowly add the mods you want, 1 mod at a time and test each time. See when it breaks.

DIDNT work.
So, i ve debuged it myself.
The problem is the file .modinfo

BEFORE
Code:
  <Files>  
    <File>Eras.xml</File>
    <File>TextUpdates.sql</File>
    <File>GameValues.xml</File>
  </Files>

AFTER
Code:
  <Files>  
    <File md5="66FC3DE5B1C9BE87BD99E302CA975342" import="1">Eras.xml</File>
    <File md5="CAF2BFD38AAC10C148904B474E46AEEC" import="1">TextUpdates.sql</File>
    <File md5="7CCED9F7F3EA633C1B32F306549DC20B" import="1">GameValues.xml</File>
  </Files>
*those md5s are the wrong ones, but it was working

Last edited:
Hmm... based on research I was pretty sure md5 wasn't required, it's just an additional safety feature. And since I'm doing everything manually (without modbuddy) I figured there's no need to bother adding the md5 checks. Works like a charm for me.
Guess for some reason it doesn't work for everyone. I'll add md5s starting with v4. Thanks for the info.

But, will it be compatible if i play future era and enlightenment era only without ancient era (ofcourse after modified the .modinfo)??
Cause the the cost of technologies becomes negative in future era :(

But, will it be compatible if i play future era and enlightenment era only without ancient era (ofcourse after modified the .modinfo)??
Cause the the cost of technologies becomes negative in future era :(
Would also need to modify the era definitions file, possibility more, I don't recall.
The cost of technologies is one of the many fixes included in v4. The reason it's still not up yet is that I want to also fix the timeline to mostly match the actually technological development, however that requires playing to test, and time is somewhat limited.

Hmm... based on research I was pretty sure md5 wasn't required, it's just an additional safety feature. And since I'm doing everything manually (without modbuddy) I figured there's no need to bother adding the md5 checks. Works like a charm for me.
Guess for some reason it doesn't work for everyone. I'll add md5s starting with v4. Thanks for the info.
Im not sure it was because of the md5 tho.
Perhaps
import="1"

Would also need to modify the era definitions file, possibility more, I don't recall.
The cost of technologies is one of the many fixes included in v4. The reason it's still not up yet is that I want to also fix the timeline to mostly match the actually technological development, however that requires playing to test, and time is somewhat limited.
Sometimes i want play future era and enlightenment era only (cause, pre history era makes so barbaric, LOL =P ).
Those two are working fine at first. But the game will be crash during renaissance era :(
And, no significant error in the logs.

When starting game choose ancient instead of prehistoric era to start.

When starting game choose ancient instead of prehistoric era to start.
Yeah, almost good idea. Unless the pre history era is still in effect =,=
(I still got pre his settlement and didnt get the palace in my capital)
Tho, it fixs the negative value problem. The value of the last future techs aint negative anymore :)

okay I might provide a little bit more infor for my case

After I found the problem, I deleted everything in my mod and cache folders, and then I downloaded, unzipped era mods and compatibility mods, unfortunately, everything turned out to be the same. I saw blacked tech trees and some weird techs connections

Btw,I did not add any more mods other than enlightenment, future worlds and prehistoric reborn. All of them are latest version.

Another one, sorry I am not familiar with this forum system

Attachments

• IMG_2755.JPG
    IMG_2755.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 385
okay I might provide a little bit more infor for my case

After I found the problem, I deleted everything in my mod and cache folders, and then I downloaded, unzipped era mods and compatibility mods, unfortunately, everything turned out to be the same. I saw blacked tech trees and some weird techs connections

Btw,I did not add any more mods other than enlightenment, future worlds and prehistoric reborn. All of them are latest version.

V4 uploaded. Try now. If you still have the same problem, please send logs.

Hey there! I just tried out the V4, and tech tree got all messed up again. I'll send screenshot if you need one, when I'll have time, and I don't know if it helps, but here is my mod list:
-Community Patch
-CBO
-Civ4 diplomatic features
-More luxuries
-43 civs CP (no EUI)
-Community Events
-amer-asian resources(modified to only add rice and maize)
-Economics
-Enlightnment Era
-Future Worlds
-Global Warming
-Greatest Cities
-Historical Religions
-JFD's Cultural Diversity, Cities in Development, Exploration Continued Expanded and Rise to Power
-Landmines
-Less religious religions
-More city-state luxuries
-More Mercantile mod
-Prehistoric Era reborn
-R.E.D. modpack
-Reforestation
-Resource Buildings
-Strange Religions
-Events and Decisions
-Unique Cultural Influence
-Panem et Circenses