COVID-19 virus thread (formerly Wuhan coronavirus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The darkest hour, in early 2020 around middle of February the Ministry of State Secretariat of Indonesia stated they will take the opportunity of the epidemic to give discount flight for 30 percent or even discount for the travel bureau 50 percent, to pump up state income from tourism, someone should have a cockroaches like brain to take a measurement like that, this irony was recorded by Indonesian cartoonist through this work:

Untitled.png

Now we pretty much waiting to rip in March, what we plant before. I really despise the level of incompetency of Indonesian government, let the world witness what corruption can do.

they have banned people 65 years old and more from the streets , after general warnings apparently failed , removing benches from parks in a couple of cities . Being fat and getting fat ı need my exercise , previously provided by generally walking home 3 times a week after the webcafe . Now that requires new paths , one to east , one to west . Being r16 of course has its issues , with this guy unhappy me passing through the area , naturally he possibly had years of questioning the manliness of people (in areas) ı used to walk through . Like famous for shunning contact with people , and some real babes and whatever , doubt ı will pass anything ...

and one really needs to say a thing or two about this conspiracy stuff . Say , some correspondent of the Economist here was Congregation and it is a New Turkey tradition to examine its covers for the secret messages it contains . So the first 2020 cover has a 20 in red anda 20 in green , these make yellow the colour of sickness ! Also the colours of Italy ! They knew it !

despite the more widespread attepts to downplay . Because if it is a conspiracy and it hurts America , this proves there are stronger stuff than America . Hurts people to extremes , because they and we know they are American puppets despite their long standing accusations that we are American puppets . Would have written a whole page long of the mechanisms of this but them accursed tablets ... Which ı have to use now . Simply because if they are out- conspired , they know it very well that all the rats will abandon the ship and join the other ship , it is a real serious question of timing . Neither too fast and they will suffer nor too slow to find all the places taken . Yes , am not spreading the virus , because ı will bombard all your bases from the orbit . They belong to me anyhow .

the moral of the story ? For all their fakeness , there is still a need to tell it is pointless to tell the coronavirus might not be that impressive , but the world would really suffer when the ice melts and all those pre-historic viruses find a new thing to eat , like us humans ! Which ı have been reading time to time for the last 30 years ... Now , ı didn't mention one the Klingon Spacemarine chick dates made some sort of a name for her , with a lab orbiting Satürn , did ı ? A solution is really the only safe thing , much preferably before this thing gets into poor countries , much less able to handle it . People do not mind being laughed at , you know , maybe because they are nothing funny at the end of the day , eh ? Solution , solution now . Because the smarties in New Turkey are so impressed with the global failings so far that , they are telling us this is just a natural disease , learn from them ...

Last edited:
they have banned people 65 years old and more from the streets

Just heard that from my ex too.
Erdogan is older.
So there's a tiny bit of hope ^^.

EDIT: 3 cases in Madagascar.
Now we're definitely all doomed.

Last edited:
I don't think exact steps that led to this particular virus are important when you look at all the pathogens afflicting humans and see that majority of them are zoonotic.

Meat farming is a fundamentally unsafe practice when compared to the alternative, and trying to justify and improve its safety on one particular axis is kind of absurd when you consider it's also unsafe on all its other axes.

And I'll requote my own followup:

"And it's a pretty hard sell to developing countries telling them that you're going to keep eating meat, but that they shouldn't because they're too poor to raise meat in a way that won't potentially affect you negatively."

I think you got it wrong. If meat consumption was indeed the cause of the pandemic, it emerged from the exotic meats market, not subsistence meat farming or even regular factory farming in China. Furthermore, the exotic meats market addresses demand not from people who cannot afford any other kind of meat, but from people who are buying as a means to show off their wealth or to obtain some kind of miracle cure/supplement in accordance with TCM and other folk beliefs.

It's really safe to say that your average meat eater has no real contribution to the outbreak.

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/a...confirms-first-cases-of-coronavirus-president

ANTANANARIVO (REUTERS) - The island nation of Madagascar confirmed its first cases of coronavirus on Friday, the president said in a televised statement.

The three cases of coronavirus were confirmed by the Institut Pasteur de Madagascar, President Andry Rajoelina said.

Madagascar, one of the world's poorest nations, halted all all international flights this week to try to prevent cases of the virus.

If this thing suddenly mutates into something deadly, we'll all know we're inside a simulation.

Nothing to wonder of. Now we see people falling ill who were infected one or even two weeks ago.

In India situation is even worse, people think that ringing bells or standing in sunlight will kill the virus. At least European citizens are educated enough to understand what needs to be done during a pandemic.

Educated enough... after a couple of months! Back in january Italy had politicians telling people to "hug a chinese" on the street, as in any random chinese. To "show support for the chinese community". Europe is run by idiots also who thought their pathetic policies were more important than acting according to basic epidemiology, namely controlling borders and imposing quarantines to stop the spread of an epidemic before it gets out of control. 19th century technology!
What scares me is that these are the fools still "leading the fight against the virus". And will still be the ones in place to handle all the socioeconomic problems.

If this thing suddenly mutates into something deadly, we'll all know we're inside a simulation.

Actually, no. In Pandemic II, at least, the governments are pretty damn quick in taking proactive measures even with no symptoms/transmission vectors. That's a pretty good indication that this isn't a simulation.

People are almost preprogrammed to see select coincidences as something significant.

1993’s Super Mario Bros. showed New York’s World Trade Centers as burned up from the top.

This is nothing different.

Are you in India yourself?
Yes, people are very superstitious here because of a lack of education. People still think reciting some mantras or praying to gods will save them.
Most temples are closed but the Muslim community denies closing masjids saying corona is just a conspiracy by ruling Hindu nationalist party to close the masjids.
India has more population than Europe and North American continent combined but healthcare capacities are not even comparable to America alone. If corona starts spreading in India, death numbers will surpass every country's numbers combined.

N.S. declares state of emergency in response to COVID-19

Nova Scotia declared a state of emergency Sunday morning, limiting gatherings to no more than five people.

Premier Stephen McNeil and Dr. Robert Strang, Nova Scotia's chief medical officer of health, held a press conference today to update Nova Scotians on COVID-19.

Police are now authorized to enforce orders under the Protection Act related to self-isolation and social distancing, and can issue summary offence tickets for people who are not adhering to those orders.

Anyone who has travelled outside the province will need to self-isolate for 14 days.

The province also announced seven new presumptive cases, all related to travel or close contact. So far, Nova Scotia has 28 total cases of COVID-19.

Dr. Strang said although there has been no community spread in Nova Scotia, he expects it will happen soon.

[cue my usual grumbling about there probably already being community spread]

I think you got it wrong. If meat consumption was indeed the cause of the pandemic, it emerged from the exotic meats market, not subsistence meat farming or even regular factory farming in China. Furthermore, the exotic meats market addresses demand not from people who cannot afford any other kind of meat, but from people who are buying as a means to show off their wealth or to obtain some kind of miracle cure/supplement in accordance with TCM and other folk beliefs.

It's really safe to say that your average meat eater has no real contribution to the outbreak.

I feel like you're not responding to what I actually wrote, so I'll just quote myself:

"I don't think exact steps that led to this particular virus are important when you look at all the pathogens afflicting humans and see that majority of them are zoonotic."

Not really. Zoonosis is a function of the number of people who eat meat. Changing safety standards just affects the multiplier.

My city streets were overbuilt to begin with - I'm bracketed by 6-lane, 50mph streets on all sides.

Right now you could play a game of street hockey or basketball on the streets without posing any interruption to the non-existent traffic. It's kind of spooky but at the same time, it's an awesome example of our collective resolve to fight this thing.

My city streets were overbuilt to begin with - I'm bracketed by 6-lane, 50mph streets on all sides.

Right now you could play a game of street hockey or basketball on the streets without posing any interruption to the non-existent traffic. It's kind of spooky but at the same time, it's an awesome example of our collective resolve to fight this thing.

Or the power of law and threat of fines.

Facing covid-19 reality: A national lockdown is no cure

"Very soon, we may have to acknowledge that attempting to stretch out cases in the hopes of keeping the curve reasonably flat is unworkable. Then, as we wait for either our scientific or natural redeemer to come, we can start trying to put things as back to normal as we can — doing our best to protect those at high risk, but acknowledging that people will get sick, some will die, and our health-care system is going to be overrun to a great extent no matter what we do."

Facing covid-19 reality: A national lockdown is no cure

"Very soon, we may have to acknowledge that attempting to stretch out cases in the hopes of keeping the curve reasonably flat is unworkable. Then, as we wait for either our scientific or natural redeemer to come, we can start trying to put things as back to normal as we can — doing our best to protect those at high risk, but acknowledging that people will get sick, some will die, and our health-care system is going to be overrun to a great extent no matter what we do."

Honestly that kind of thing is easy enough for people not in any of the high-risk groups to say. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom