Mafia and Werewolves - Game Thread

I don't have information on Annie, I just townread her independently.

I don't have information on Annie, I just townread her independently.

ok nvm then. i'm having trouble with iso'ing on this board but i'm going to find your reasons again because i really didn't see anything substantial before.

i don't want to make people needlessly suspicious of her and i'm confident i'll be able to read her eventually

so one thing to keep in mind:

Alison seems to be claiming a real role. That likely makes her town. There's only 2 scum per team (LIKELY). Let's think of the scenarios where she fakeclaims this as a wolf in order of likelihood:

1. She lands on town. She has already committed to 90-100% that topsecret is scum. This is very dicey territory for her to be committing herself to a 1-for-1 and leaving her partner to carry, when a rogue nightkill can end her.

2. She lands on mafia. Ok, cool. But now she is probably being nightkilled by their partner.

3. She busses her partner (???) Not even going to elaborate on this one.

Added possibility...one mafia and one wolf are aware of each other, allowing for a bus that isn't actually a partner. This puts TS and his hypothetical partner in the bind of knowing Alison is an enemy of the town, but really needing to cut into the town rather than wasting a night kill on the other anti-town faction.

Alison is thoroughly ruthless and would cross faction bus for the town cred. TS would have looked at such a 'communication' as an opportunity to coordinate.

While I think the most obvious answer here is that Alison is just a town PR telling the truth, I am nagged by the statement from the rules: "And there will be several of them. Expect roles like masons, neighbours, and similar."

Added possibility...one mafia and one wolf are aware of each other, allowing for a bus that isn't actually a partner. This puts TS and his hypothetical partner in the bind of knowing Alison is an enemy of the town, but really needing to cut into the town rather than wasting a night kill on the other anti-town faction.

Alison is thoroughly ruthless and would cross faction bus for the town cred. TS would have looked at such a 'communication' as an opportunity to coordinate.

While I think the most obvious answer here is that Alison is just a town PR telling the truth, I am nagged by the statement from the rules: "And there will be several of them. Expect roles like masons, neighbours, and similar."

Not to deflate your theory entirely - I think it's good to think outside the box - but I think if that were the case it would simply incentivize topsecret, as he is being lynched, to say "hah yeah well I am mafia and alison is wolf and we were aware of each other"

Not to deflate your theory entirely - I think it's good to think outside the box - but I think if that were the case it would simply incentivize topsecret, as he is being lynched, to say "hah yeah well I am mafia and alison is wolf and we were aware of each other"

we are still waiting to hear from topsecret tbf

Well, you should have, because you were sooooooo wrong about me. LOL
Why would I have PTSD over one wrong read when the rest of the game was a clean sweep? You had mech info pointing against you also, so I don't feel bad about it.

I meant this in the context of like, Alison would be aware of this pitfall before attempting this strategy
ahhh

it's possible that one party is aware and the other isn't (ie mafia aware of a wolf but wolves not aware of mafia or vice versa) if tim's theory holds any ground. i'm definitely strongly leaning on alison just being town though because this would be a needless way to put heat on herself when she was getting townread anyway

That would just improve the odds of a town win. Topsecret would be irked by a leap to bussing...but he wouldn't extend it further into opposing his own win con. The two anti-town factions probably need the KP from both to prevent town simply winning in a runaway.

Why would I have PTSD over one wrong read when the rest of the game was a clean sweep? You had mech info pointing against you also, so I don't feel bad about it.

Because I think you hate being wrong generally, and REALLY hate it when other people were right. But that's part of what has made you one of my instant favorites, so if I'm wrong don't tell me.

i trust alison's information after reading back btw so

unvote

gonna wait for topsecret's response however, but im fine with this over time for today. especially since this topsecret dude is not trying like at all

vote: topsecret

I don't really have leads of my own, but there's something irresistible about a strong independent woman telling me what to do.

possible opposite team as topsecret? If I was wolf here, and someone who wasn't on my team was hard pushing someone who wasn't my partner, that would be something I would love to join in on

You should still be voting topsecret if you think this is the case.

I should be?

I am in no hurry to end this day. I'm not sure whether getting to a majority would immediately end the day or not, but I'm in no hurry to find that out either.

Top Bottom