[NFP] Portugal is the last NFP Civilization confirmed. Also... Zombies??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A post apocalyptic game end mode would be cool. I’d be happy for red death mechanics there because the scenario is too short!

Really hope Firaxis consider doing a fantasy/alternate history (eg Smokey skies) type spin off based off Civ 6 before moving on to Civ 7 I feel they need to get the wacky stuff out of their system!
I'd be more interested in an "Mythology"-esque Civ game than in whatever the hell BE was, and it feels at least tangentially related to actual history. Could even be a decent way to play pretend with some Civs that probably won't ever get in, like Minoans.

Probably not wacky enough for them at this point, though. We're like one pack away from a mode where one player secretly represents lizard people and the others need to identify them before it's too late.

I'd be more interested in an "Mythology"-esque Civ game than in whatever the hell BE was, and it feels at least tangentially related to actual history. Could even be a decent way to play pretend with some Civs that probably won't ever get in, like Minoans.

Probably not wacky enough for them at this point, though. We're like one pack away from a mode where one player secretly represents lizard people and the others need to identify them before it's too late.

Yeah that would be great, like an Age of Mythology 4X? Real world cultures but with their mythology brought to life.

As for Portugal... well theres a lot of crossover with Spain and England in themes but given the state of those two currently perhaps we might have a fun Atlantic sea power at last?

Yeah that would be great, like an Age of Mythology 4X? Real world cultures but with their mythology brought to life.
This would be hard to put together as every Culture would have multiple unique components.

Maybe a faction-like approach as seen in Red Death? Vampires, Undead, Elves, Dwarves, Demons, Greenskins, Lizardmen, Birdmen, Merfolk, Troglodytes, Yetis, those sort of things as stand-alone factions, and each with an aesthetic that resembles a real culture.

Now that would be a game mode that would make me happy to have bought the NFP.
That kind of feels like what the Heroes and Legends mode sort of did.

This would be hard to put together as every Culture would have multiple unique components.

Maybe a faction-like approach as seen in Red Death? Vampires, Undead, Elves, Dwarves, Demons, Greenskins, Lizardmen, Birdmen, Merfolk, Troglodytes, Yetis, those sort of things as stand-alone factions, and each with an aesthetic that resembles a real culture.
Not what I had in mind but I'd still play a version of this.

Lead by Mannfred von Carstein, Luther Harkon, Imrik the Dragon Prince, Thorim Grudgebearer, Grom the Paunch, Tehenhauin, etc.

Interesting to find out that the English word "Zombie" was first recorded as "zombi" referring to Zumbi, the Afro-Brazilian Palmares leader. The Oxford English Dictionary gives it a Central African (Kongo) origin.
Just finding how a zombie mode can be paired with Portugal.

I'm not a "they ruined my perfectly historical 4x game" type of member of this forum. But if the Zombie Mode is not about some end-game apocalyptic content, I will firmly suggest that FXS devs should make a fantasy game under their own IP instead of shoving it under "Civ series".

If the devs really want to make fantasy content, that's a much better way of doing it.

I'm not a "they ruined my perfectly historical 4x game" type of member of this forum. But if the Zombie Mode is not about some end-game apocalyptic content, I will firmly suggest that FXS devs should make a fantasy game under their own IP instead of labelling it under "Civ series".
Absolutely me as well.

I'm not a "they ruined my perfectly historical 4x game" type of member of this forum. But if the Zombie Mode is not about some end-game apocalyptic content, I will firmly suggest that FXS devs should make a fantasy game under their own IP instead of shoving it under "Civ series".

If the devs really want to make fantasy content, that's a much better way of doing it.
I am 100% with you. They can make even one big game mode with Atlantis, mythological creatures, Area 51, Annunaki, and all of that stuff compressed and put into additional DLC not related to NFP.

I’m totally onboard with a Zombie Mode. Will I play every game? Nope. Will I play it for some games? Hoy Boy, Yes I will! Zombies + Apocalypse + Dark Ages sounds pretty fun.

Happy Sad Portugal are in the game. Happy I can finally have some Treaty of Tordesillas. Sad this might suggest no more content for Civ (although... anyone for Austria?).

I was one of the people who defended the choice of a bit of fantasy in Apocalypse and Secret Societies, but the final game mode to be about zombies is such a letdown.
Also, why don't Ba Trieu and Kublai have their own achievements besides "Win a game as..." but Joao does?

Well, that's disappointing. Would have preferred something new to round out the civs...
At least they picked a relatively unknown Leader instead of a safe option, as @AntSou said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom