Jewelry went from neon rave green to a quite pretty light blue (which preview pics dont show lol) and they look much better. If her new UI and or agenda is "The Last Pharaoh" along the boats in the background, I think this is meant to depict her before Actium, which would explain why is she wearing a leather dress (a symbolical armor, like Cersei corset in GoT S2)
Well militaristic and/ or naval Cleopatra isn't what I ever would have thought of, or wanted.

Yes, but then it's also too early to decide if the pack is disappointing or not.
Fair, but I think that only applies when there's a minor dislike. I don't think any ability can save Ramesses.

Also, given the previous abilities in the LP, we know to have limited expectations. The models so far have been generally better than NFP, while the abilities and remaining design have been much more basic.

Like I said before, I'm much more invested in the quality of the models than the abilities. Any weak abilities will be appropriately addressed by modders (or myself), but the other way around isn't possible. Nobody is going to be fixing the Ramesses model.

Whatever abilities they put in, hopefully it's something else besides Combat Strength and Trade Routes. Those are boring and overdone.

Admittedly, Tokugawa was really cool but he was an exception.
I've only ever won with Abe, Oda and Yongle so far, the others never appealed to me to play with them, tried with Ana but she got stale pretty fast.

I for one don't care a cent for the leader graphics.
I do. They're an important part of the game for me.

Sorry but NOTHING is worse than Hammurabi !
What's wrong with Hammurabi? I thought he was the best-looking leader to come out of NFP (Ba Trieu loses points for her bland tunic).

I do. They're an important part of the game for me.

What's wrong with Hammurabi? I thought he was the best-looking leader to come out of NFP (Ba Trieu loses points for her bland tunic).
Seriously ? Ugliest graphical leader of both V and VI... plus static, no animation unless I'm not remembering correctly ? Kublai is much better than that !

Hammurabi wasn't in V. That was Nebuchanesar. Neither is a static image. Both are animated.
no... I meant worse of all the leaders in all of V and VI... I know he wasn't in V

Thought there was no animation, but hey I don't play him much

Anyways, he looks like a bad Grevin wax statue... My opinion 😁

Last edited:
no... I meant worse of all the leaders in all of V and VI... I know he wasn't in V

Tought there was no animation, but hey I don't play him much

Anyways, he looks like a bad Grevin wax statue... My opinion 😁
I agree, Hammurabi goes at a close 2nd place

I always thought that João III was the best looking leader of NFP. He looked so vibrant, so alive, and cartoonish enough to be in the line of the other non-NFP leaders.

I always thought that João III was the best looking leader of NFP. He looked so vibrant, so alive, and cartoonish enough to be in the line of the other non-NFP leaders.
His model overall does look great. His face looks a little off, but I think that's true of many NFP models--and João's face isn't nearly on a level of weird looking as Kublai or Basil II.

Cleo has had lipo and is more seductive...which IMO is a little misogynist? (The seductive part, not the lipo).

It's saying female leaders in antiquity were only great because they were able to lure powerful leaders of other nations.

Cleo has had lipo and is more seductive...which IMO is a little misogynist? (The seductive part, not the lipo).

It's saying female leaders in antiquity were only great because they were able to lure powerful leaders of other nations.

It could say that if all Antiquity feminine leaders were also as seductive as Cleopatra.

But since Dido, Ba Trieu, Amanitore or Gorgo don't look particularly "seductive", I think it's less a question of misogyny rather than a distorted (and fantasy) version of Cleopatra specifically.

Being seductive is Celopatra's historical reality. It is what she is best known for, at least as far as pop history and Roman propaganda are concerned. You wouldn't say the same of Gorgo or Tomyris, and neither of them are portrayed as seducers. They didn't have 5 children with two different Roman Generals in an attempt to preserve their power.

Now you could say that Firaxis is falling into a misogynistic trope, and that's fair. But Cleopatra is pretty much the original archetype for that trope with some degree of legitimacy. If anyone could be portrayed that way, it's her.

Yeah despite everything, Civ6 is probably the most nuanced portrayal in a videogame ever of Cleopatra, even if they couldn't drop the egyptian wig

Top Bottom