Bug Reports and Technical Issues

I ran a quick (Regent/Normal) 1700AD America game to check on immigration. On Turn 31 (7th Turn as USA) a string of python exceptions were reported and 100% reproducible. Log is brief enough for me to just paste here but I'll gladly provide additional files if needed.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "BugEventManager", line 382, in _handleDefaultEvent
File "Events", line 17, in handler_func
File "Rules", line 223, in checkImmigration
File "Rules", line 289, in immigration
File "Core", line 1718, in where
File "Rules", line 289, in <lambda>
File "Core", line 921, in any
File "Core", line 917, in where
File "Core", line 906, in copy
File "Core", line 917, in <generator expression>
File "Rules", line 289, in <lambda>
File "Rules", line 281, in getEmigrationValue
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'iValue' referenced before assignment

Playing on to see what happens on later turns.

UPDATE: Yeah it happens on every Immigration turn (when timer reaches 1).

Last edited:
Unfortunately not, as far as I know. There might be a similar cause behind it but the way this was solved wouldn't work for that problem.

Here, the issue was that these settings are considered player options that would be different from player to player. Imagine a hotseat game or a genuine simultaneous turn online multiplayer game. Every player would obviously be in control of their own settings. RFC uses this framework to let you switch players - there is no difference between switching to a new civilization in RFC and cycling control to the next human player in a hotseat game. In the latter it makes sense that options are different, in the former it is an annoyance.

The solution was simply to copy the settings from the previous player to the next when switching civs. Cannot explain why the settings menu is lying though.

I have no idea why the player switch interferes with diplomacy though. That's not related to player options.

What is the last part of the goal you completed? The National Park or the nature reserves? Is the save from before completing the last part?

On the latest Git, playing as India, I noticed all of the barbarians that spawn end up disappearing the turn after. In the attached save, you can see the two barbarian horsemen in Kashmir disappear the next turn.

Attachments

• Disappearing Barbarians.CivBeyondSwordSave
    367.6 KB · Views: 4
What is the last part of the goal you completed? The National Park or the nature reserves? Is the save from before completing the last part?
I built the National Park first, then the Palace in 1923, then the Nature Reserves in 1930.

Attachments

• Pedro II AD-1922 Turn 408.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • Pedro II AD-1928 Turn 411.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
On the latest Git, playing as India, I noticed all of the barbarians that spawn end up disappearing the turn after. In the attached save, you can see the two barbarian horsemen in Kashmir disappear the next turn.
I found the cause - the barbarian AI war plan wasn't set correctly, which caused the AI to believe it did not need any units and disband them. Fix will be up soon, but unfortunately it won't affect ongoing games.

Brazil's National Park/Nature Reserves UHV is described as a BY goal, but only triggers in 1951 like an IN goal.
Similar story for this one - added a check to succeed the goal as soon as the last required improvement is built and will push it soon, but it will not affect your ongoing game.

not sure if this is a bug or WID,
but the Protestant Holy City spawned in Hamburg when I (England) was the first to discover Acacemia.
Attaching a savefile on the turn before Reformation.
Civ IV_ Beyond The Sword 2023-12-31 오후 4_24_35.png
Civ IV_ Beyond The Sword 2023-12-31 오후 4_24_50.png

playing on git commit b826c417c961dfaf8a639a8eadcfba0ddf9901b2 (release 1.17.3)

Attachments

• Churchill AD-1475 Turn 276.CivBeyondSwordSave
    895.5 KB · Views: 2
There should be a file Private Maps/Dawn of Civilization.py

I have 8 spice resources as the Dutch and it only says 6.
1 Mexico
1 Caribbean
2 South America
4 Indonesia

Attachments

• RFCD Dutch 1A 1772.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
I have 8 spice resources as the Dutch and it only says 6.
1 Mexico
1 Caribbean
2 South America
4 Indonesia
Hehe as I suspected. The bugger is the island of New Guinea (EDIT: New Guinea + Moluccas SuperIsland) . Since it's larger than 5 tiles, resources with associated improvement don't connect to network over a water tile. Both Spices covered by Sorong require Forts to be counted as owned. I just WB'd forts to confirm.

Attachments

• DutchFortSpices.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
For some reason my Privateers can not sink Tamils boats.
They simply can not enter the same square as them.
Its not a single ship and only Tamils, I have seen it several times in this game.

Savegame attached for game version 1.17.1

Attachments

• Gustav Adolph AD-1487 Turn 826 cannot sink Tamil boats.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
Top Bottom