APETO - [GoobNES01-Fallout]

South Vietnam abstains on the issue of rejecting Thailand from this organization, and votes aye on all other proposals, if it is permitted to.

Thailand votes nay on the issue of rejecting itself from SEATO, votes aye on the Nuclear Reserach Center, and abstains on the wimpy First Aid thing.

Japan votes aye on all Resolutions.

The NKE abstains on the issue of South Vietnam's membership.

The NKE votes aye on the Nuclear Research Project.

The NKE votes aye on the International First Aid Team.

The NKE votes aye on Thailand's expulsion.

The Commonwealth votes NAY on the issue of Thailand's expulsion.

By my count all votes have been cast on South Vietnam's membership by my math, 4 AYE and 3 Abstentions.

[Yes, your troops are most welcome to join the Coalition Australia!]

[size=+3]SEATO Update T3.5[/size]

By majority vote, Thailand is hereby expelled from SEATO for cold heartless murder against the royal family of Thailand. (3/2/2)

Also by majority vote, South Vietnam is now a member of SEATO. Welcome to the association, you may begin voting and contributing to SEATO projects. (4/0/3)

The vote for allowing non-SEAsian/Australasian nations into SEATO is a tie. By the resolution policy, the proposal is denied but may be contested by any member state with good reason, causing a revote. (3/3/1)

The projects are both agreed upon. New Zealand has the floor on expanding on the International First Aid team proposal.
(OOC: Goobs, tell us about the project eco/turns once Toteone explains.. ;))

Project SEAINT

A new institute, the SEATO Institute of Nuclear Technology is a regional institute based in Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia (due to its central location) with scientists from all SEATO member states to research on methods of cleaning nuclear pollution, studying the long-term effects of nuclear exposure and also research on how to minimise the damage caused by a nuclear attack.

OOC: Goobs, ball is in your court. Turns and all!

BananaLee said:
By majority vote, Thailand is hereby expelled from SEATO for cold heartless murder against the royal family of Thailand. (3/2/2)

Yeeeaaah! Woohoo! ;) [party] [dance]

*celebrates for a second, then goes into huddle with Khmer generals for evil plotting*

Thailand is outraged at being expelled from SEATO, and pledges retribution.

South Vietnam is delighted at being permitted to join this great Organization, and is asking if the voted that they made previously can count.

The First Aid thingie, here is what I am thinking. Why don't we make them into a Unit, like more expensive Infantry? We call them Peacekeeper unit, you spend eco, you get some, like all other Units. You get lightly armed Troops, Doctors, Emergency Response and Relief people, Disaster Assistance people, and Engineers, all in one Unit to be able to respond to disasters and such.

SEAINT - base cost: 3 eco, 1 turn, more you invest, the better reserach you get. Yes, another of those damn proportional things, eh? South Vietnam is willing to invest eco into it.

Australia is also willing to invest as much as is required for the SEAINT project.

OOC: Toteone, we need your proposal. Otherwise, we'd follow Goobs' idea.

IC:
By taking all member-state's situation at hand, I propose that we invest a total of 13 eco. I would like to request that every nation provides 20% of their budget (eco/turn) to this project, rounded to the nearest.
Therefore, each nation should provide: -

Nation - amount to provide (total budget)

Malaysia - 2 (9)
Australia - 3 (13)
Commonwealth Union - 2 (11)
The Phillipines - 2 (7)
New Khmer Empire - 1 (5)
South Vietnam - 1 (5)
Japan - 2 (10)
Would these figures be acceptable to the SEATO nations?

----

On another note, we need to place our priorites regarding the Australian scandal. Should Resolution 14 in the IC pass and military force is brought to Australia, do we honour the IC alliance or the SEATO NAP/MPP?
In this situation, I believe we have three options.
1. Scrap the NAP/MPP
2. To pledge not to join in the military coalition, citing conflict of interests.
3. To kick Australia out of SEATO, and aid the IC
4. To drop IC and join Australia
Malaysia would like to request Australia to cancel their weapons program immediately so that SEATO would not be stuck in a conflict of interests. (OOC: or at least make in discreet! :lol: )
As Secretary-General, we shall not make our choice until the other nations have voted or debated over the subject.

---

To South Vietnam,

A member state's votes are only counted once they are member states.

I'm ending the nuke program. There, happy?

Also, those investments sound fine.

The SEAINT Budgetary proposals are fine to Japan and South Vietnam.

Japan is also asking if any other nation would like to take over the ITER Project from Japan

Which one was ITER, I might take it.

The Fusion Development and Feasibility project.

We'll do it. Would anyone care to assist?

Japan will contribute eco to it, lets say 2 eco this turn. South Vietnam wants too, but cannot, they need their eco.

Okay.
Just as an FYI, first priority is on the nuke research project.
Everyone has agreed to paying eco next turn for it, da?

NKE, everyone is contributing 20%. Shouldn't you too? It benefits all of us.

Top Bottom