Why is there so much bitterness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

classical_hero

In whom I trust
NOTE. I do not want this thread to become bitter or I will ask a Mod to delete it.

Since I have made it very clear that I do not want any bitterness in this thread.

Why are we so bitter towards others of a differing viewpoint? I have seen a constant rise in the hateful way we are seeing some people react to the views that are different to others.

Veiwing from the sidelines, I have observed that there are two types of groups. There are the Pro-Chats and the Pro-Forums (Much like Pro-Life and Pro-Choice in RL). Often times these groups have major ideolgical differences that would cause them to butt heads with one another. Often times one group would make a generalization that the other group is recruiting neutral people into there ranks. For instance in Real Life during the elections when the Democrats clamed that a vote for Nader is a vote for Bush and vice versa.

I am taking a Psychological/Sociolgical view on what has been happening dispite my 2 semesters worth of General Psych. (Man, The demogame is a good place to write a socioligcal paper on ;) )

Bitterness and bitterness :)

I have great loads of fun, and I guess I am reaping more of the storm than the chatters, forum-dealers, old guard and new guard combined from acertain spectacular group that cares more for bickering and being festicious than being cooperative and playing the game. I do not feel my conflicts go by chat-forum axis, or by age, nationality, gender and education. (Why do we call these old and new guard, some of the old guard may seem daft and inexperienced at times, and the contrary for the new guard, I think Demogame experience may be a very dubious measurement)

However, it is me and my compatriots combating the PESTERING EMBRYONS.

Well, beyond that, I have a problem with epimethius and blackheart, who likes to put up an argument just to please their teenage hormons. Yet, is mat be fun from time to time, the only issue is that it delays the game. I prefer cooperation to argument at this point.

Moderator Action: Warned for trolling. Eyrei.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Probably because there are two seemingly distinct parties involved. Both are accusing the the other of doing something to ruin or reck the integrity of the game. These two groups just don't get along and seem to bicker at each other.

It seems that this could have all been avoided had CT not said she voted for Longasc. Then someone replied saying you opened the floodgates, and bam, the floodgates were opened. Why people have such animosity towards newer members, I do not know? I can only make assumptions, and those assumptions aren't very pleasing.

what is wrong with saying who you voted for. Lots of people say who they vote for, Cheiftess is just another player.

Why are all you so scared of her, shes a girl :). Why is it if she says who she votes for everyone starts say she is conspryaring (you all the know the word). She is just another demogame player, albeit one of the best (she has been president how many times). Just play the game.

Nobody said:
Just play the game.

Amen. Those four words tell the story of a thousand tales...

I am bitter because in said thread, I presented a well thought-out argument. Then someone else ignored my argument, changing it into something else to make me look like the bad guy. Then I asked her if she wanted ice cream, but she didn't reply. Then, I posted some more and went to bed. When I awoke, the thread was marked as 'post here and get an insta'ban'.

The cycle of being ignored, misunderstood and eventually stopped from making arguments has repeated itself a few times since I joined up; said thread is not the first instance, but is definitley the worst. Once again, I must say that it is not a conspiracy, because we all know it is going on. The denial, and punishment I recieve for trying to bring it up is what makes me especially bitter. The 'politically correct' view is now that I am the one causing trouble, and I am the one discouraging new players. This is what I am bitter about.

Finally, I am bitter that many are attacking people through insults, instead of attacking positions or actions. I have been a jackass on this forum by making several sarcastic comments, but I never called anyone 'elitest' or 'ignorant', or commented on their sex life or lack thereof. When I feel something needs to be said, I try put a good amount of effort in putting it across. When someone ignores what I say, and suggests I should 'act nice' and 'just play the game', or hurls an insult, instead of coming back with an argument against mine with at least some effort and respect, I get bittter. When the discussion is stopped with ban warnings, I get bitter.

This is a game of Democracy. I am playing the game the best I can.

"Why is there so much bitterness?"

You need some black sugar, wait 2 turns bitte... :D

I find it kind of Ironic that there is so much bitterness in the demogame, especialy close to the holiday season when its suppost to be peace for all man kind :confused:

Biterness? Nope, its fine here. Its democracy game, people state different opinions and even argue, tho too much sometimes. It happens but there are rules to deal with it and as long as we follow the rules the game will be fine.
I had much fun with the game so far and i learned great deal of things. Democracy system (although we live in it in real life) can be confusing but its interesting and all things, from laws to making decisions, disscusions, polling are great and pretty well done in these forums.
There is slight lost of interest in endgame becuase it is too easy now, we have too much money, techs, military power so there is no real challenge.
But anyway I would never said there is much biterness here.

CivGeneral said:
I find it kind of Ironic that there is so much bitterness in the demogame, especialy close to the holiday season when its suppost to be peace for all man kind :confused:

I'm a Buddhist, my special time of year comes around new years (Vietnamese New Years)

I am also bitter that no one seems to care about the issues I raise. Is this because I'm 4 DGs too late, and people have accepted it as common practice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom