Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rhye, I can try and finish my game of Germany today but it probably won't be done before 17:00 (or so) your time. If you want to see the results of a late-game test then tell me and I'll rush for it. Otherwise I'll do other stuff - I have plenty to do today either way.
If you don't answer soon I'll squeeze in an hour's session just to make sure that I still have enough time to finish the game (as I'm going out around 19:00 [GMT+2] for a couple hours.)

Vostos said:
I was playing as the mayans and I rushed the Aztecs with 1 WARRIOR! i play with the barbarians fixed and a barb attacked their palace guard, it took off half it's helth just as I was passing by, so i attack the palace guard and took the city. Tha animation are great :)

Interesting strategy...useful for a strategy guide for the Mayans

Blasphemous said:
Rhye, I can try and finish my game of Germany today but it probably won't be done before 17:00 (or so) your time. If you want to see the results of a late-game test then tell me and I'll rush for it. Otherwise I'll do other stuff - I have plenty to do today either way.
If you don't answer soon I'll squeeze in an hour's session just to make sure that I still have enough time to finish the game (as I'm going out around 19:00 [GMT+2] for a couple hours.)

Just tell me when did you enter Industrial and when Modern

I told you about when I entered the Industrial Age. Look a couple pages back (can't remember when it was...) And I'll make sure to get to the Modern Age today and tell you when it happens.
But it may not be for another three or four hours, I have all kinds of stuff to do and I'm still a way off from the Modern Age.

K, I gotta go in a few minutes so here are my notes:
-I didn't manage to get to Modern Times but I'm almost certain we'll enter them in the 1840's. If not it will be the early 1850's. There are only two mandatory techs left to research, and there's Totalitarianism which I'm going for.
-The Mongols are very behind and they didn't try to invade Europe at all in thsi game. In the past they often did.
-The "Consitution" small wonder should be called "The Constitution" or "A Constitution" ("The ..." is better.)
-Partisan and Guerilla seem useless to me as a resource-rich nation... They should maybe be maintainance-free so that resource-rich nations use them. Or they could each upgrade to a maintainance-free version that requires a resource (so for poor nations they cost money and for rich nations they cost resouces.)
-India Trading Company should have a The before it.
-Maybe Zeppelin should have Recon as well as Bombing. (Would be useful. Ans possibly realistic.)
And Rhye, what program do you use to edit the pcx files? I use a version of the popheads file that has smileys and I wanna have smileys while playing RoX as well. But Photoshop screwed the file up when I edited it. =\
Well, I'm off.
Hope to see the pack out when I get back. :)

Vostos said:
I was playing as the mayans and I rushed the Aztecs with 1 WARRIOR! i play with the barbarians fixed and a barb attacked their palace guard, it took off half it's helth just as I was passing by, so i attack the palace guard and took the city. Tha animation are great :)
Barbarian help is the only way a warrior rush can work. You got lucky. :)

I'm going for the whole civ cultural victory as Carthage. I want to make sure it's possible. I'm building wonders all over the place and I'm sacrificing workers with the Temple of Baal. :goodjob:

I think the sacrifice entry should be changed a little. It mentions the Toltecs, who aren't in RoX. And also, it doesn't mention that you can acquire enslaved workers by just capturing a worker or settler. (This is the only way the pagan civs are going to get enslaved workers. They don't have enslaving units.)

Can we change it to East India Trading Company? I know there were West Indian ones as well (Dutch, English, Swedish, French), but the East India Companies were so much more important it was ridiculous! The English East India Company was licensed to act as a military force, as were many of the other nations' companies (again, pretty much the same list, but minus Sweden). While the West Indian companies went out of business rather rapidly, the East Indian ones lasted for a good long time... until (in at least two cases) they became so massive that they were assumed by their governments (not the least because they were no longer in any way profitable because of military expenditures).

If I had thought of this earlier, I would have suggested that we give all seafaring nations the East India Company as a small wonder (bonus to move, acts as a second FP)... but at this point I just think we should rename it and leave it.

Playing as Rome, conquering slowly so that I can see all the cool new units. Grabbed the Greeks, Byzzies, and good chunks of the Austrians, Spanish, and French.

Looks absolutely beautiful. I am building things like pikemen (as the ROMANS for His sake!) just to see the new graphics. Excellent. I am only sad that I never built any spearmen, because the mini graphic for them looks excellent. I saw Greek swords, so that sated my thirst for that.

OOC, did you use any of the knights from the knight pack that was released a while ago as flavor units? Adding them in would be pretty cool!

Uh oh, noticed a problem:

Statue of Zeus civlopedia says it lets you heal your troops in enemy territory. It does not... which is causing me to have to pull out from an engagement (stupid spanish tercios! ;p)

So is it supposed to, or isnt it?

SoZ should let your troops heal in enemy territory if it doesn't already. That would make it unique and cool.

Wow, people are posting a lot in this thread today. Probably pre-release excitement. :)

Just realised, if X-pak is realised with a random map version, I will NEVER, EVER play a game of "normal" civ, this is just so much better, thanks Rhye

Will the expansion pack be released here or somewhere else?

OK, I'm at home again.

Let's see:

-I'll change again Mongols. It's incredible how 2 more barbarians crippled them so much. I'll remove 1 or the 2.

-Are you sure "India Trading Company" requires "The"?? It sounds strange to me. (BTW, at first I wanted both East and West, but then decided for a generic one)

-Yes the random map is in.

-I know that knights graphics are cool, but they would add complexity only for sigle civs. You have seen that alternative graphics are based on cultural groups, right? Well, knights already have European graphics.

-I'll check now the SoZ.

-I'll change The Constitution

-OK for the Zep

-OK for the sacrifice thing

After that, I'll upload part 5 (the other 4 parts are already uploaded since this afternoon) and post the links in the first page of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom