Radio: Your thoughs on and the future of

Fifty

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you guys think that radio (as in music radio, talk radio, etc.) will continue to exist much longer? I mean with Ipods and podcasting and whatnot it seems that radio might go down the drain. Thoughts? How much do YOU use radio, if at all? What sorts of programs do you listen to?

I hope it continues to exist; there are millions of people in America who cannot afford Ipods or Bluetooth, but you can pick up a simple radio at Radioshack, or hell, even make one yourself!

Before the radio in my car broke, I used to listen to that a lot. Usually NPR, because their Jazz hour often lined up with my evening drive home from school; I also listen to the Classic Rock station, Don and Mike, the Sports Junkies, and Howard Stern (its a WJFK thing, they all broadcast from Baltimore); back when I liked Bush, I used to listen to his weekly broadcast to the nation, too.

94.7, the Arrow!

I used to listen to WHFS 99.1, but they closed it for some freaking Spanish station.

Yes, it will survive; I listen to it now and then. Podcasting only appeals to those with ipods: a growing market, yes, but not everyone; I know for a fact that I don't have one.

I dont listen to the regular ol' radio all that much. I'm not used to having a car, and now that I do, I have one of those doohickies that lets me play my Ipod over my radio. I sometimes listen to WDUB 94.1, The Doobie, Denison University Radio.

However, I enjoy and listen to internet radio often, and try to get my music on as many stations as possible. Its a great way for me to be exposed to new music for free, and I pick up feeds from all over the world. Heck, if I wanted to, I could start my own station!

All this machinery making modern music can still be open-hearted, not so coldly charted, it's really just a question of your honesty.

That said, during the summer I listen to the radio on my Zen all through the workday.

Do you guys think that radio (as in music radio, talk radio, etc.) will continue to exist much longer? I mean with Ipods and podcasting and whatnot it seems that radio might go down the drain. Thoughts? How much do YOU use radio, if at all? What sorts of programs do you listen to?
Actually through the internet I tend to listen to much more radio! I download or stream many NPR programs free off thier website and listen to them.

Additionally, my parents have XM, but they seldom use the actual reciever and get most of the stuff of the internet. My mother has internet XM blaring all the time!

Radio will continue, because the masses who listen to boring musicand boring radio chat hosts will continue to listen to it whilst at work or whatever.

Personally I never listen to the radio, because none of the UK stations play any music I like.

I love listening to the radio, I hope it is here to stay for my lifetime at least. I think enough people listen to it, mostly in their cars though.

I only listen to the radio in the car. And even then i only listen to the news.

Radios stink overall.

I enjoy listening to radio programs, they are refreshing when faced with the prospect of internet news.

Queen sums it up, I don't think radio will ever die, because music is fine, but talking about music is also fine.

I'd sit alone and watch your light
My only friend through teenage nights
And everything I had to know
I heard it on my radio
Radio

You gave them all those old time stars
Through wars of worlds -- invaded by Mars
You made 'em laugh -- you made 'em cry
You made us feel like we could fly

So don't become some background noise
A backdrop for the girls and boys
Who just don't know or just don't care
And just complain when you're not there
You had your time, you had the power
You've yet to have your finest hour
Radio

All we hear is Radio ga ga
Radio goo goo
Radio ga ga
Radio blah blah
Radio what's new?
Radio, someone still loves you!

We watch the shows -- we watch the stars
On videos for hours and hours
We hardly need to use our ears
How music changes through the years

Let's hope you never leave old friend
Like all good things on you we depend
So stick around cos we might miss you
When we grow tired of all this visual
Radio -- Radio

Radio goo goo
Radio ga ga
Radio goo goo
Radio ga ga
Radio blah blah
Radio what's new?

Radio

Radio goo goo
Radio ga ga
Radio blah blah
Radio what's new?
Loves you

Radios will never cease to exist. Theme parks hide them in rocks and nobody is going to go through all the trouble to discontinue the fine service those rockin' radios provide us.

Radios will never cease to exist. Theme parks hide them in rocks and nobody is going to go through all the trouble to discontinue the fine service those rockin' radios provide us.
Do those even get AM or FM? I think they're internal speakers.

Radios will always hold a special place in my heart becuase I couldnt afford anything else growing up, I always had to look through all the stations to find something. Infact, the first time I ever turned on a radio and can remember it was when I flipped it to some staion and the guy said "spirit", the song played, I fell in love and thats that. He was of course finishing the sentence "smells like teen spirit".

94.7, the Arrow!

I used to listen to WHFS 99.1, but they closed it for some freaking Spanish station.

99.1 was so good. I went to every festival from the first to the last.
98 rock is okay
DC 101 is okay

WRNR was the greatest ever.

I stoped listening to the radio around 1998

Untill the ska wave crashes on shore I could care less about terestrial radio. XM/Syrus is the future.

Top Bottom