{WIP} Kirov class (Russian cruiser)

GeneralMatt

Emperor
Download
There is an image at the download, the same one is in post #29.
The corvette skin is there on purpose, some of the things on the model uses the Corvette skin, sorry.

hey, thx but there are a lot of work for this model i think.
i can't use it as it is now.
waiting forward to see it reskined!

That is what I figured. I just wanted to put it up so you could tell me if the mesh was ok. :)

Ok, uploaded the reskin.. I am still not entirely satisfied with the deck colour, but it was hard as there was no texture I could see that used that colour so I had to play around with it..

Tell me what you think.

Ok, uploaded the reskin.. I am still not entirely satisfied with the deck colour, but it was hard as there was no texture I could see that used that colour so I had to play around with it..

Tell me what you think.

i'm sorry to say I still can't use this unit in my mod :( it should be more detailed and look more realistic -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Kirov-class_battlecruiser.jpg

but u r improving ur skills very fast and I hope u will finish this unit as one of ur best units so people can enjoy playing it ;)

Yeah, I am having a horrendous time with this one, I cannot get it to look right..

Thanks for that big image! I saw the small one, but I didn't see the biggie. And now I know it has the number on the side, that'll help..

Here some additional pics

Attachments

• Kirov Class CBN.jpg
    Kirov Class CBN.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 281
  • Kirov Class CBN_1.jpg
    Kirov Class CBN_1.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 229
Am I squinting, or aren't there any turrets on your Kirov model, GeneralMatt?

Thanks for the pics klyde!

Geo: There are a couple on the back, but they blend in a lot, I will have to change that.. (They are a different mesh so I can do that easily.)

I haven't had a lot of time to work on it much, that it is why it is still in a crude shape..

GM You welcome... if you notice in the first pic you'll see that the radar domes are of different color and assume the turrets are the same as well.
i think that these would make for good civ's coloring, and by doing this would help with blending in problem.
Just a suggestion.
Klyde.

You mean the radar team coloured? That would be cool!

I am just re UV mapping the thing, much simpler..

Ok, finally got around to working on it more, what do you think?

I'm posting my comments compared on this pic.

Turrets: :goodjob:
The detection system (radars and domes) should be lighter, perhaps more the color of the turrets.
And the structure everything on top of the deck) of the ship might look better a tad darker gray, but lighter then the turrets. Perhaps with a bit more lines in it depicting the different levels or some hints of windows.

Overall: already a good improve.

Edit: O wait, just read you meant to have the radar stuff team-colored. Scrap my remark on those then.

That was I was trying, the team coloured bit, but I have to figure out how to do it. I thought it was just the alpha channels, but it seems to be more that that..

Mind if I use that pic. :D I am taking as many as I can get!

Thanks for the suggestions! They will help a lot! I will definitely add more windows (Should I do Vista or XP?) and I am glad I re UV mapped it, as it was horrible before..

By all means, use whatever pic you need. It was the first one I saw doing a picture google on "Kirov". ;)

Ok, thanks! I would do a Google picture search, but whenever I do the thumbnails never load so the see each pic I would have to load the whole page. And with Dial-up that is too much of a pain..

Max: Sorry for the huge delay.. I got a little discouraged and decided to take a break from it, and start the HMS Hood (which has turned out so far better than my wildest hopes.

And that I have got my hands on some great history books.
But I haven't given up on it, don't worry. I got team colour on the suggested parts, and a few more windows, plus some of the suggestions and all.

But your point about the bow not looking right, I have no idea what you mean exactly, as I tried to follow the blueprints..

Top Bottom