The music is getting repetitive... (Next War)

Who cares about the music anyway? It's always been dull. Just turn it off and listen to your own music.

That's the kind of riveting advice that so does not help anyone.

What's this about America Inc? There're scenario specific civs in the epic version as well?

Heysoos mackarel... :shake:

This whole business is actually disappointing me. I mean, why would they do these things?

About the 70 strength dreadnaught, I read somewhere you can only ever have three. Or four. Just a few, anyway.

And the same with those walkers.

This whole business is actually disappointing me. I mean, why would they do these things?

The most aggravating part is that we are talking about obvious fixes that would have took them about 10-20 minutes (I bet they know how to mod quickly :)) and improved the gaming experience rather much more.

It is also disturbing to me that if they (the key word being "if") have dropped the ball on things like music track, scenario leaders being in the epic game etc. then what are the risks they have dropped the ball on game balance?

Hrm. Indeed.

There's a new thread up about BtS bugs. Already they're finding heaps. That the community will find pesky bugs that the QA people missed, is to be expected. But some of these things would be rather easy to spot, and considering the game has only been out for a day, and in only two countries...

I don't know.

Not liking.

Hrm. Indeed.

There's a new thread up about BtS bugs. Already they're finding heaps. That the community will find pesky bugs that the QA people missed, is to be expected. But some of these things would be rather easy to spot, and considering the game has only been out for a day, and in only two countries...

I don't know.

Not liking.

I wouldn't sweat it none. There's always a patch. So far, none of the bugs I've seen reported are of the game-shattering Civ III kind.

I wouldn't sweat it none. There's always a patch. So far, none of the bugs I've seen reported are of the game-shattering Civ III kind.

Yeah, the biggest gameplay bug seems to be being able build military academies w/o having learned military science, everything else seems to be pretty minor.

Also BtS seems to be free of game stopping technical glitches like Vanilla's Failed to Initialize Renderer bug or Warlord's Mehmed crash bug.

Been playing the epic mod, if you just copy the soundtrack folder it does indeed play the mp3s, but rather randomly, as you get Mozart in the classic age, it doesn't sort them by age.

Also a little more upsetting is it seems the new graphics weren't in the epic mod, they were all the old graphics, and the new ones are much better.

One good thing though, you CAN make a custom game with the mod and pick and choose your own settings as normal, so no America and America Inc, if you just load the scenario you get them randomly, so pick custom game as usual after the mod is loading and do your normal set up, the new techs WILL appear later on, you can even see the future age as a starting point in.

Units seem to vary based on their culture, for example American scouts and settelers look nothing like Incan scouts and settlers at the start.

About the 70 strength dreadnaught, I read somewhere you can only ever have three. Or four. Just a few, anyway.

And the same with those walkers.

Confirmed. You can build 4 Assault Mechs (with 60 strength) and only 2 Dreadnoughts (with 70 strength). I like the idea of semi-hero units like this very much, it's something I did in my own mod too.

Also BtS seems to be free of game stopping technical glitches like Vanilla's Failed to Initialize Renderer bug or Warlord's Mehmed crash bug.

Wrong, I'm afraid. The same sort of crash happened to me with TWO leaders in the Final Frontier mod:(

And can someone tell me where the "Regenerate Map" option has gone??:confused:

PS About the music- it is quite repetitive, and the fact that they only included one new mp3 track for this mod is a bit disappointing- I was expecting a bunch of cool futuristic-type music tracks. I hope someone releases a souped-up version of this mod-one with the bug fixes, different leader heads for the future leaders, maybe a new future age wonder or two, and a few future-sounding music pieces....

But no ethnically diverse units?

Why!

I just wanted your regular, epic new & excellent BtS game with future techs tacked on. Is that so much to ask?

I'm not playing this till someone makes it properly.

Good effort though, Chiyu, uploading music and sound fixes. Wanna do units too? :)

Also a little more upsetting is it seems the new graphics weren't in the epic mod, they were all the old graphics, and the new ones are much better.

How about copying/modding the NextWar tech-tree into BTS-default?

Top Bottom