• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

FfH2 0.25 Bug Thread

Why do you put your units in crates?!? You're a horrible hobbit!

Correction: I'm getting the "a soul has been processed by the Soul Forge" message in more than one city, so it's obviously not related to the Altar. The Soul Forge has been built by a different civ, but in a city on my continent, so maybe it's mistakenly providing continent-wide effects?

I remember getting an error like this occasionally in .24. I've also noticed that sometimes one of my enemies would get free flesh golems in multiple cities whenever I kiled a living unit. (it was usually either the Bannor, although I think it may have also happened once with the Luchuirp, if that helps at all)

(by the way, I still don't see why Mokka's cauldron should create flesh golems. Isn't is supposed to bring the corpses of those thrown into it back as undead? It could create skeletons with their strength modified based on the units strength just as easily.)

Not sure if these are new features or not. Or if they've been discussed already. Apologies if so.

Playing patch D as the Khazad.

Upon founding Runes of Kilmorph I received no Thane of Kilmorph.

My hidden nationality Hill Giants from the Pact of the Nilhorn were able to pillage improvements and capture cities. Upon capturing the cities I received War Weariness points from the victim civ but was not at war with them. In previous FfH2 versions my HN units couldn't pillage improvements or capture cities.

EDIT: Augustiners post reminds that I wasn't able to build an improvement over an Ancient Tower in patch D. So its not just a patch E thing. Patch D is my first game with v0.25.. In previous versions I was able to replace the Towers with an improvement.

with patch e
it is not possible to destroy a Ancient Tower to build a improvement

and babarian allways able to enter a title where a gigant spider with my nationality is standing
the babarian was able to capture my city which was defended with 1 warior and 3 spiders by only killing the one warior

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    182.1 KB · Views: 80
Two bugs i discovered:

The Sprawling trait is not working, the cultural borders is as usual and the city can only work to the second ring.

And the AI seems to ignore goodie huts and Ruins, barrows and stuff like that. I founded many Goodie huts just outside the AIs borders, as whith ruins.

(patch E)

i never had crashes, but this time everything i try ends in a crash... just ctd after starting a game (after hitting play after setting everything up, so before the start of the process of generating actually anything. can try several different settings, all crash at same point)

patch e. had the same with patch a,

EDIT:
actiually it crashed after the buboes pic.

now i could start a game with continents map, clan of embers (which dont have orc warrior and no orc settler graphics!!!). but when I try to settle my first city, it crashes

25e

Got a quest to build 3 castles, and in the fail conditions it listed gaining of technologies from Vanilla (railroads and the like).

Got a quest to build 3 trireme, after I was already unable to build them due to advanced sailing tech.

And I also am getting soul forge triggers at all cities instead of just the one that built the thing.

i never had crashes, but this time everything i try ends in a crash... just ctd after starting a game (after hitting play after setting everything up, so before the start of the process of generating actually anything. can try several different settings, all crash at same point)

patch e. had the same with patch a,

EDIT:
actiually it crashed after the buboes pic.

now i could start a game with continents map, clan of embers (which dont have orc warrior and no orc settler graphics!!!). but when I try to settle my first city, it crashes

Definitly odd that you aren't seeing orc graphics. Are oyu sure you are running BtS 3.13?

with patch e
it is not possible to destroy a Ancient Tower to build a improvement

and babarian allways able to enter a title where a gigant spider with my nationality is standing
the babarian was able to capture my city which was defended with 1 warior and 3 spiders by only killing the one warior

Yes the ancient towers are permanent now.

As for the spiders, invisible creature snever defend the plot they are in, instead they run away. Around here defending a city with a giant spider is known as "The Woodelf Defense".

Definitly odd that you aren't seeing orc graphics. Are oyu sure you are running BtS 3.13?

well it said that it updated successfully,... but i am still running my frankenstein copy. maybe its not compatible, that could explain it?
But still, why does it tell me that it successfully updated then?

EDIT:
here is a screenshot of my "about the version" page.

Attachments

• crashversion.JPG
    crashversion.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 84
Yes the ancient towers are permanent now.

As for the spiders, invisible creature snever defend the plot they are in, instead they run away. Around here defending a city with a giant spider is known as "The Woodelf Defense".

i was messing around with towers and making them count as a city like fortress, so that if they are on top of a resource then you need only get a road there to gather it (and have the proper techs for gathering and utilizing it)

oh also, been watching the AI through team games with them, and they build every random useless building before training yards and the other unit buildings, and build scouts for defense.. they really need to prioritize better

I'm not sure if this is a bug of a feature I don't know about, but for some reason Gilden silveric will never defender in a stack, even if he is the strongest, some other unit always goes first.. Also, the Khazad somehow managed to get mithril armed axeman in turn 241 in a normal game. To have eight strength units be common when your hero's only six is a bit devastating. Hmm... looking in world builder I see that the red dragon is dead and the Khazad have a city about where it should be so it's probably from the dragon hoard. In that case the dragon hoard is unbalancing and mithril should probably be removed from it.

well it said that it updated successfully,... but i am still running my frankenstein copy. maybe its not compatible, that could explain it?
But still, why does it tell me that it successfully updated then?

EDIT:
here is a screenshot of my "about the version" page.

Yeah Firaxis blind-reved from that early version they gave us. You will need the public version of 3.13.

@3141592: yes, heroes are less likely to defend stacks than other units. The reason is we assume players would rather not risk their hero defending if they have other units that can do it, even if they aren't quite as strong.

3 quick screenies of issues that may have been mentioned before. The first is the PE I receive when entering the game, researching a tech, or going to any F screen. The second is with all orc units (and maybe all units) where the art in the bottom left doesn't match the unit art in game. The last was after a popup message. Playing with e.

Also, a wolf just attacked my orc archer. :(

Attachments

• PE0000.JPG
    PE0000.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 64
  • OrcAdept0000.JPG
    OrcAdept0000.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 73
  • PE20000.JPG
    PE20000.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 57
I don't have open borders, but another civ's galley is in my land.

The herbalist event where there is an low % chance of losing population has always lost population for me, 3 times. Bad luck?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=171398&page=284

I have the D2D 3.13 version of BTS. I downloaded this mod today along with the media pack and the patch "a".

As the MOD loads it crashes, this pop up comes up:

"Load Error: GFC Error: failed to initialize the primary control theme."

This happens when the loader screen reads "...Intite Fonts 112.42..."

1) Does the Mod work with D2D BTS 3.13?
2) Is it only the media files that are causing the problem, and if I reinstall just the mod will it work?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I also have the D2D version of Warlords installed.

I have the same problem. FFH doesn't start. I don't have Warlords.

First I tried to get FFH to work with Basic + Media + Patch E -> Error Message BtS won't load.

Then I tried just the Basic -> Error

Basic + Patch E -> Error

BtS works fine. I played a Duel size Map for testing till finish in 1h50m and no Error or anything with the latest Patch. I always activated the FFH2 Mod in the Mod Section of BtS... I love FFH! I want to play it with the new features :(

I guess the last option I have is to reinstall BtS and then take a look after applying patch 3.13 if I can manage to get FFH to work. But I want to post here first, maybe there is a sollution ready for this problem.

I cant reproduce the Mokka's Cauldron/Soulforge issue. If anyone has that please attach a save game so I can check it out.

Another effect of the "slaves need hunting lodge for slave cage instead of freak show" bug seems to be that everyone can now build slave cages with the slaves from the OO religion.

Some suspicious things I encountered:

1)Does fear work correctly? My Mardero wouldn´t attack one of the horsemen even with 98% odds of winning. Since he had mobility 4 and blitz I tried about 20 times with no success. Afaik fear is designed as a chance to fail the attack, however I couldn´t get anyone to attack the horseman that didn´t have the courage promotion or was lifeless.

2) Under the fellowship religion forests turn very fast into ancient forests. After about 10 turns almost all of the forests turned ancient. Shouldn´t it take much longer to get the ancient forests?

Top Bottom