• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

FfH2 0.25 Bug Thread

2) Under the fellowship religion forests turn very fast into ancient forests. After about 10 turns almost all of the forests turned ancient. Shouldn´t it take much longer to get the ancient forests?

When they were first implemented this happened as well. Some tweaking is needed.

On turn 183 of Sureshot's .25 scenario, Donal Lugh managed to capture one of my cities (the old jester-people one, how embarassing) as soon as he started to move onto the city tile, I received one of those windows boxes saying the game needs to close, send error report, don't send, etc etc.

Using patch e, BTS w/ Warlords, media pack, and newest BTS patch. I was playing as Cassiel and the unit dispatched to crash the game upon entering the city was 1 un-upgraded warrior.

EDIT: I should note he was on his own and had the hidden nationality trait.

On turn 183 of Sureshot's .25 scenario, Donal Lugh managed to capture one of my cities (the old jester-people one, how embarassing) as soon as he started to move onto the city tile, I received one of those windows boxes saying the game needs to close, send error report, don't send, etc etc.

Using patch e, BTS w/ Warlords, media pack, and newest BTS patch. I was playing as Cassiel and the unit dispatched to crash the game upon entering the city was 1 un-upgraded warrior.

EDIT: I should note he was on his own and had the hidden nationality trait.

Id love to get this tracked down if you could upload a save of the issue I'll check it out.

Off topic post

Is the galley a new thing with BtS? I don't remember that unit ever doing that before.

Never really played BTS, couldn't get off Ffh :) The only reason for making Galleys is thier reconoitre ability with being able to travel within the borders of other nations & the sentry +1 to los. Otherwise Dragonships IMHO are better for most other purposes. I couldn't say when these traits were implemented, but its something I have utilised only in more recent times with 'shuffled' maps.

ref: http://www.civ4wiki.com/wiki/index.php/FfH_Galley_(Unit)

oh also, been watching the AI through team games with them, and they build every random useless building before training yards and the other unit buildings, and build scouts for defense.. they really need to prioritize better

Thats an excellent observation. Checking through the code shows exqactly what you suspect (there isn't any weighting based on units the building enables). I'll add it in the next patch.

Id love to get this tracked down if you could upload a save of the issue I'll check it out.

I loaded an autosave from three turns back, and Donal wouldn't come down to attack the city! (I checked in worldbuilder) I tried just making the same decisions I had last time and he always got himself killed to the barbarians in the area or wandered off, so I tried to recreate the crash by using worldbuilder to plop down an empty city next to him to take. He takes it and burns it to the ground without any trouble. So I wonder if maybe it's that specific city (what it is building, or the buildings it has) so I "lured" him to my city by making a line of empty cities for him to take until he was within visual range of the city he attacked initially. He attacked and captured the city for Bannor with no CTD. I'm not sure what happened when it crashed that first time, my computer is normally very stable, but I can't reproduce it for you.

Sorry!

I loaded an autosave from three turns back, and Donal wouldn't come down to attack the city! (I checked in worldbuilder) I tried just making the same decisions I had last time and he always got himself killed to the barbarians in the area or wandered off, so I tried to recreate the crash by using worldbuilder to plop down an empty city next to him to take. He takes it and burns it to the ground without any trouble. So I wonder if maybe it's that specific city (what it is building, or the buildings it has) so I "lured" him to my city by making a line of empty cities for him to take until he was within visual range of the city he attacked initially. He attacked and captured the city for Bannor with no CTD. I'm not sure what happened when it crashed that first time, my computer is normally very stable, but I can't reproduce it for you.

Sorry!

No stress. Hoepfully we will get a save from someone that reproduces it. Now you understand my difficulty trying to reproduce the issues people mention. ;)

V25e

Cannot load units into HN transports (Privateer, Black Wind...)

Life Mana from Sucellus Tomb cannot be accessed (pop-up says that life node should be built first, but this is impossible to do)

Btw, I clearly prefer the former 3D models for The Drown/Stygyian Guards. IMO the actual ones look much too alien and are oversized. There is also a logical mistake since those units are not much more than common Warriors with "undead upgrades", that is why the former models make sense. The new models are thrilling, nonetheless, why not using them for another yet-to-be-defined 3rd level summon/Planar Gate creature instead? Just a thought...

Casting no longer takes away the ability to attack.

Some strange defense choices are made. For example, arcane barges defend before any other ship and assassins seem to defend more often than other units.

Hell still spreads after hyboreum is gone. It used to stop spreading then.

The AI does seem to be good at reinforcing cities and using some spells. Although it frequently summons things, it doesn't use them as cannon fodder. AI doesn't seem to realize they are disposable.

Exploitable bug in most recent version, my druids and druid hero are able to summon up an unlimited amount of treants, 1 each per turn. As I summoned them, I was then able to donate them to my allies or vassals.

Don't know if this is a bug, don't know whether it has been mentioned already, but...

I got a random event in my game. It's about herbalists discovering a new plant that promises good health treatments, but it needs human subjects. However, the six options are basically

*Forget it
*Limited tests
*Full scale tests

And then the last three seem to be possible answers or something:

*The healers cause fatalities in trying to get the right mixture!
*Success
*Resounding success

Exploitable bug in most recent version, my druids and druid hero are able to summon up an unlimited amount of treants, 1 each per turn. As I summoned them, I was then able to donate them to my allies or vassals.

I can confirm this too, it's incredible powerful.

Really love the supermod, awesome work. Short list of bugs, some mentioned already (hope not all): Using patch "e".
- Golden ages dont display the timer and AFAIK they arent actually working, I didnt seem to get any improvement at all.
- cant see into cities with the religion that I discovered.
- no mana listing, it was perfect down the side of the screen.
- once in this game and once in last i got 'peace treaty cancelled' when i had never had a peace treaty and no wars at all. possibly was tied to another civ's war.
- technology requirements for improvements dont restrict, as long as you can build the improvement for something you can build it for all.
- inflation seems to be massive. only on prince but it is crippling my economy.

Again thank you Kael and supermod-superteam for all the hard work. incrediblely detailed and immersive experience.

No stress. Hopefully we will get a save from someone that reproduces it. Now you understand my difficulty trying to reproduce the issues people mention. ;)

A suggestion, recommend that users do not use 'New Random Seed on Load' in your standard 'how to help debug' text in the first post. That may help repeatability.

Vilnon - lurking

Is there a population minimum requirement for an acolyte/crusader to spawn? I get acolytes playing with Bannor/Capria, but only if the pop is about 5 or so. Definitely not when pop is 1. Sphener didn't spread religion the one time I had him take a city, but then it was undefended (and pop 2 iirc), so I don't know if that counts.

somebody knows what a "GFC error" is?

I get it when I load the mod. 2 error boxes and a crash to desktop :/

The whole message:
Code:
"GFC error: failed to initialaize the primary control theme"

Only this is shown in any log file [ThemeParseLog.txt]:
Code:
[Oct 10, 2007 - 18:00:47] Messages while processing 'BitmapTheme.thm'

**FATAL ERROR** Cannot open theme file 'BitmapTheme.thm'

But I do not know if it has to do anything with it.

Win'XP, SP2, 0.25e with media pack

[NWO]_Valis;6036195 said:
somebody knows what a "GFC error" is?

I get it when I load the mod. 2 error boxes and a crash to desktop :/

The whole message:
Code:
"GFC error: failed to initialaize the primary control theme"

Only this is shown in any log file [ThemeParseLog.txt]:
Code:
[Oct 10, 2007 - 18:00:47] Messages while processing 'BitmapTheme.thm'

**FATAL ERROR** Cannot open theme file 'BitmapTheme.thm'

But I do not know if it has to do anything with it.

Win'XP, SP2, 0.25e with media pack

That is very interesting. I know a few people have had that error. I have no idea what the "BitmapTheme.thm" file is. It doesn't exist in FfH or BtS as far as I can tell but for some reason your build seems to expect it.

Could you do a search on your hard drive and see if that file exists anywhere?

Are you using a Russian or Chinese version of the game? I notice a lot of reports of this error on Russian and Chinese sites, but I dont see any reports on English sites.

The financial trait does not grant more commerce, at least not for the Grigori via the adaptive trait. The production bonus for buildings works fine. Also sometimes a newly created unit is mutated for no reason, is that a bug or a feature?

Top Bottom