Unofficial BTS 3.13 patch

...Interesting enough, some turns later Gandhi became a voluntary vassal of Justinian I anyway. :crazyeye:

Same thing happened with me. Being a vassal for so long the two civs would have good relations and the smaller one would still be too weak to survive long against others so it seems natural.

There was an event that occurred that affected the Drydock. It had 2 options. The first was to receive +4 hammers on the Drydock. The second was to receive +2 hammers and +1 health. I chose the second option, and the health effects did not appear in game. I checked that it wasn't just a display bug on the left hand side of the city screen by manually counting the health. The XML does have the second option listed properly.

I got the SAME random event (though I thought it was +4 hammers for the coal mine, or +2 hammers and +2 health for drydock).

No health bonus showed on the drydock.

Right.

I've downloaded this, extracted the Gamecore file and put it in my Civ directory, renaming my old one.

But:

I still can't see the culture benefits in my pop-up boxes and such! :sad:

Have I done anything wrong?

Right.
I've downloaded this, extracted the Gamecore file and put it in my Civ directory, renaming my old one.

But:
I still can't see the culture benefits in my pop-up boxes and such! :sad:
Have I done anything wrong?
Probably didn't follow installation instructions.
This dll replaces the one located at "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilizations 4\Beyond the Sword\Assets\CvGameCoreDLL.dll"

Looks like the accepting civ should be exempt from the code you added.

Yeah, it looks like a case of "I'm an idiot". ;)

I maintain two different dll version locally, one that I release, one for my "private" mod that I use. I mainly code first with the "private" dll, so I can check the game situations I've set up. After that's verified working, I duplicate it in the "release" dll. Unfortunately, for some reason I switched the check when I was duplicating (well, trying to duplicate) the code. So it ended up being backwards.

I'll make sure the fix is included in the next release.

Bh

There was an event that occurred that affected the Drydock. It had 2 options. The first was to receive +4 hammers on the Drydock. The second was to receive +2 hammers and +1 health. I chose the second option, and the health effects did not appear in game. I checked that it wasn't just a display bug on the left hand side of the city screen by manually counting the health. The XML does have the second option listed properly.

I got the SAME random event (though I thought it was +4 hammers for the coal mine, or +2 hammers and +2 health for drydock).

No health bonus showed on the drydock.
You are both incorrect - it is +4 :hammers: for coal plants (not mine nor drydock :p) as for the other:
drydock usually gives +1 :yuck: with this event it give +1 :yuck: and +1 :health: the tooltip just says it does not give anything (apart from +2 :hammers:) but if you look at the :yuck: and :health: in the city screen you'll see +1 :yuck: AND +1 :health: from buildings, if you now add a recycling center the tooltip still says +2 :hammers: but the +1 :yuck: from the buildings is gone while the +1 :health: is still there, basically the tooltip cannot cope with a situation where the same building gives both :yuck: and :health: but the game can :)

You are both incorrect - it is +4 :hammers: for coal plants (not mine nor drydock :p) as for the other:
drydock usually gives +1 :yuck: with this event it give +1 :yuck: and +1 :health: the tooltip just says it does not give anything (apart from +2 :hammers:) but if you look at the :yuck: and :health: in the city screen you'll see +1 :yuck: AND +1 :health: from buildings, if you now add a recycling center the tooltip still says +2 :hammers: but the +1 :yuck: from the buildings is gone while the +1 :health: is still there, basically the tooltip cannot cope with a situation where the same building gives both :yuck: and :health: but the game can :)

Sorry, but you're wrong on which event I was talking about. However, you were correct in your assessment that the Health change was a wash, so not entirely necessary to display. But it would still be nice if it told you these things. The event I mention is EVENT_BETTER_COAL_2. It does indeed affect Drydocks.

Sorry, but you're wrong on which event I was talking about. However, you were correct in your assessment that the Health change was a wash, so not entirely necessary to display. But it would still be nice if it told you these things. The event I mention is EVENT_BETTER_COAL_2. It does indeed affect Drydocks.
No we are talking about the same event :smug:
but EVENT_BETTER_COAL_1 does NOT give +4 :hammers: to the drydock but to the coal plant, that was just a nitpick from me ;) - EVENT_BETTER_COAL_2 gives +2 :hammers: AND +1 :health: to the drydock though.
I do agree that this is not ideal in terms of how it is displayed - you could even call it a bug, thing is the tooltip routine was programmed at a time (Vanilla) were such a situation simply did not exist and probably not updated to accommodate this single event...

if you now add a recycling center the tooltip still says +2 :hammers: but the +1 :yuck: from the buildings is gone while the +1 :health: is still there

so if i pick the +1 :health: option and then make a recycling center, i won't waste my choice? excellent! that first post made me think "what a shame".

so if i pick the +1 :health: option and then make a recycling center, i won't waste my choice? excellent! that first post made me think "what a shame".
:yup: the building list does not show the :health: - but the game does register it, in this sense it is a bug and maybe someone could report it in the bug section :rolleyes:

Yeah, basically every time a worker finishes its current job, it checks for what new job it should take. There's a prioritized list of jobs. So if there is a more important job than railroading, it'll pick that. It'll only choose to continue railroading if it can't find something better to do.

Bh
i have a problem with some workers doing more than they are told.
i usually have most of my worker on "build trade network", after i have upgraded most of my cities.

the problem is they behave like normal automated worker and also build other improvements

Workers automated with "build trade network" will do two things - build roads/railroads, and connect resources. They won't build improvements on squares without resources.

Bh

then i am imagining things or hit the wrong buttons with a few ;)

gotta check it better
Rename your workers that you assign to trade network with something like, uh ... "Trade Network."
That way you will know which individual ones are assigned to it.

1) Select unit.
2) In the bottom left display of the unit click on its current name (e.g. worker, axeman, archer etc.) and a rename option will pop up.
3) In your excitement of this new feature try to retain a basic use of your native language, and definately dont be as sad as to rename your war elephant 'nellie'

Top Bottom