How to easily win the demo with one city and minimal soldiers

AmericanEagle24

Chieftain
I'm sure the geniuses that frequent these boards know how to handle a Civ game, but I just felt like sharing my strategy for the Civ Rev demo. My Civ4 discs are scratched, I need my Civ fix! :mad:

1) Seeing as there are a limited amount of turns, you can settle in place, or if you've been given this starting point before and know there are good resources nearby, move your settler around. Don't fear barbs, once you settle the militia will defend your city.

2) Immediately go to custom workers (or whatever the game calls it,) and have your city produce food and science until you discover pottery. By the time you discover pottery, you should have another citizen, so go with production for 1 warrior.

3) Research masonry, which when done, will give you a wall. You're halfway there!

4) Tech alphabet, writing, then literacy. When contact is made with other civs, sell your techs and buy lesser techs (bw, etc.)

5) Build Great Wall.

6) Finish in first place in every category (especially if you're Cleo, free wonder!)

Also, for bragging rights, the farthest I've gotten in the tech tree before being kicked out by either my general or head scientist is feudalism.

i got to nukes thanks to the Great Library. Also an even easier way is to send you first warrior to tackle barb camps, while hes doing that and you produce warriors. From there they meet at the base of the Aztecs capital. Form an army, and then send them on a devastation march north and east. Feel free to take out Romans/Egyptians(on the west) at your own choosing. The test is getting past the greeks. So far i have had a 75/25 win/loss ratio.

I used nukes, airplanes, and tanks to win the game in the last 5 turns.
nuke
Spoiler :

airplanes
Spoiler :

Ok, I concede to you guys. I've gotten the GL a few times, but I can never get it to give me advanced tech, such as those that would give me nukes or flight.

Also, is there anyway NOT to get the same map in the demo? You know, the tundra starting local. under the Aztecs.

Everybody gets pissed off when you launch nukes, but they don't do anything. It's funny. I can't seem to find a way to launch more than one, in the demo, though.

Shaka asked me for Atomic Theory in return for seven turns of peace, right after I nuked Egypt. If I had one more turn I would've captured Greece, Egypt, and the Zulus. Oh well.

Are you guys on Chieftan or what? I thought advanced techs were locked?

yeah chieftain, but i mad rush Teno to produce around 1500 gold, and mad rush Rome to be my science producer. Also, advance techs were not locked they just assumed people where crappy players and wouldnt get past iron working or some other low level tech. lolol:lol:

Science city is the key Helm.

I am new to Civ games, but I love the 360 demo. How do you get nukes before 1250 AD!? The best unit I've got was a cruiser.

Science or mega city is the way to go Sandman. With republic gob send settlers to your science city and make it grow, then u will be able to have fast tech research. Is quiet easy to get the nuke is just doing the right techs/building and wonders.

Also Great Library is basically Worthless in the Demo, the Computer won't have any worthwhile techs

Oxford Is useful because you can get techs you can't research (Nukes, Advanced Flight)

Which techs allow for Oxford? I'm dumbfounded that you guys have figured out strategies to get those advanced techs in such a short demo.

University. Check the tech tree so you can see the requirements for University.

yeah chieftain, but i mad rush Teno to produce around 1500 gold, and mad rush Rome to be my science producer. Also, advance techs were not locked they just assumed people where crappy players and wouldnt get past iron working or some other low level tech. lolol:lol:

Bro come on. I mean no offense but you guys are talking about doing stuff in cheiftan on the SP with more than a 40% handi at your adv. It's kinda silly. I mean I guess I can give yall semi-props for doing some of the easiest stuff in the game, playing on a difficulty that easier than easy itself. But try doing that in MP. You might wanna run a 40% handi though, cuz you'll get farther in the game, also allows for the game to get started off quicker. All it does is cut the cost of all buildings in half, and allows you to produce 1/3 times faster. But this is playing on King difficulty in MP plus with other humans who run this as well.

AWESOME!
So how'd you do it?

You need to run a feeding strat if you want to get it earlier than that. Use the romans if you still have the demo. Once you've almost perfected it. You can get nukes before B.C. ends depending on if you use the joining/hosting spawn.

If you start as Egypt, and rush an army (three warriors) you can take out Greece. Then with Greece Rush another Army (now you have two) and march on Rome. You'll take Rome, I overkilled and built another set of Army's in every town. (Now you have 5 armies).
March on the Zulus to the East... and keep marching East to Montezuma. You win with turns to spare.

Top Bottom