Completed NES Maps

Symphony D.

Deity
Retroactive deletion.

Retroactive deletion.

Retroactive deletion.

Before leaving CFC last year (don't worry, haven't returned, just passing by occasionally), I modified my city-GDP map. Yes I know "It's the old colors". But still, it is a complete map unlike any other. I didn't have the opportunity to upload then. So I might do now. It was for 2007, but I doubt GDP's and populations have changedmuch in a year.

Spoiler 2007 city-GDP map :
7 city sizes are allocated according to their GDP's (which are calculated from populations and GDP per capita values. Used more detailed numbers such as GDP per capita from individual provinces/states, whenever I found them.)

10-20 $bn = 1 income (eg. Tblisi, Sofia)
20-40 = 2 income (eg. Warsaw, Baghdad)
40-80 = 4 income (eg. Stockholm, Munich)
80-160 = 8 income (eg. Rome, Barcelona)
160-320 = 16 income (eg. Madrid, Istanbul)
320-640 = 32 income (eg. London, Paris)
640+ = can be recorded individually (New York, Los Angeles, Tokyo)

Capitals are red or yellow (no difference - just for visibility)

The numbers show what I decided to name rural industry (most of the GDP of rural areas go to agricultural stuff consumed at home anyway, so this is a fraction of the actual rural GDP. I decided on it kind of arbitrarily as 10%. So in rural areas $100bn = 1 point)

USA does not have any size 1 cities, because it actually has 90 of them. The number for US is rural income of 24 + 90 income from size 1 cities (it seemed too much work to place 90 cities, after placing the 70 or so larger US cities on the map)

Plus each country has a base of 1 income on top of everything.
so Albania has 1, Bulgaria 2, Romania 4, Hungary 6 income shown on the map.

Some extra rules might be needed to offset the unrealistic disadvantage of some nations (North Korea) due to their low GDP on paper. Iraq may also be too low due to the current situation.

http://www.civfanatics.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=1830&original=1&c=member&imageuser=89317

There is a huge problem with me trying to use the maps in the first post, Symphony, as they cannot be copied and pasted into either GIMP or Paint. Could you fix this?
Save the image.

Retroactive deletion.

Since I don't think that I should start a thread about it, add my sprites to the end of the list under the heading "sprites for maps". Someone may need them for map making.
http://i41.tinypic.com/ngc01s.png
Legend:
Spoiler :
1st string (sites): camp, settlement, town, graveyard, totem
2nd string (parties): trader, army unit, magic user, civillian unit
3rd string (resources): coconut (fruit trees?), berries, mushrooms, stones, gems, lumber, cotton, mechanical parts (forgot to move it to products string), seafood (crabs), seafood (fish), crops (corn), small prey, large prey, domestic animals, mounts, large cats (jaguars), bears, wolves, crocodiles, elephants, apes (on string 4)
4th string (products): furniture, paper, leather, coins (copper), coins (gold), jewelry, weapons (melee), weapons (ranged), metallurgy (anvil), crown (royal attributes), mask (shamanism attributes), potions (alchemy), textiles, meat
5th string (misc): floods, snowfall, culture?

Nice, thanks Deon.

Retroactive deletion.

This is a general notice: I am no longer maintaining whatever threads I've created effective immediately. All content linked to on my Google Pages (including the SymNES II Maps & Data that just went up in Completed Maps, the other Completed Maps I host, etc.) will be purged out of my site storage in 14 days. If there's something you want to keep, pick it up in that time.

I'll be making a new, all encompassing Map Thread shortly.

Top Bottom