FfH2 0.34 Bug Thread

In my first 0.34 game Muris clan goblins dumped their waste on peaks and volcanoes (lol big incineractor) instead of usable terrain

My first game with .34 b, playing as Ilians. Two issues I've noticed.

First, on turn 569 the wait while the AI takes its turns shot up from the usual 30 seconds or so to three and a half minutes or more. Now, about a hundred turns later, wait times are up to eight minutes. Given that my turns typically last about 10 seconds, I'm finding things a bit tedious. I've thrown in the towel. My first guess is that the Sheiam, who own most of that Very Large Continent Across the Pond, have a zillion units to move around. Doesn't quite explain why turn 569 is the hinge though. I have a save if Kael & Co. would like to poke around.

Second, the Ilian ritual "The Deepening" didn't do much. The 'pedia gives the impression that the terraforming is instantaneous and more or less complete. I pictured a kind of Genesis in reverse. But upon completion very few tiles transformed. Looking around in the worldbuilder, I noticed that Plains remained plains, grasslands remained grasslands, deserts remained deserts all over the map. Most, possibly all, of the center city tiles around the map did indeed transform, but the rest of the city fat cross did not, whether or not they were worked. There was one spot near the south of the other continent where a big ol' swath of tiles transformed to ice, but this area was largely uninhabited. Even within my own borders, very few tiles transformed. Is this how the ritual is supposed to work?

My first game with .34 b, playing as Ilians. Two issues I've noticed.

First, on turn 569 the wait while the AI takes its turns shot up from the usual 30 seconds or so to three and a half minutes or more. Now, about a hundred turns later, wait times are up to eight minutes. Given that my turns typically last about 10 seconds, I'm finding things a bit tedious. I've thrown in the towel. My first guess is that the Sheiam, who own most of that Very Large Continent Across the Pond, have a zillion units to move around. Doesn't quite explain why turn 569 is the hinge though. I have a save if Kael & Co. would like to poke around.p

Ill need a save game to do that.

Second, the Ilian ritual "The Deepening" didn't do much. The 'pedia gives the impression that the terraforming is instantaneous and more or less complete. I pictured a kind of Genesis in reverse. But upon completion very few tiles transformed. Looking around in the worldbuilder, I noticed that Plains remained plains, grasslands remained grasslands, deserts remained deserts all over the map. Most, possibly all, of the center city tiles around the map did indeed transform, but the rest of the city fat cross did not, whether or not they were worked. There was one spot near the south of the other continent where a big ol' swath of tiles transformed to ice, but this area was largely uninhabited. Even within my own borders, very few tiles transformed. Is this how the ritual is supposed to work?

It doesnt effect any plot with a feature or improvement on it, so on some maps it could be very little effect. Im changing it in patch "b".

Kael has no traits. When you select a Random Neutral Leader and specify the civilization, you get Kael for the leader but he has no traits. (or at least none are shown for him)

Kael has no traits. When you select a Random Neutral Leader and specify the civilization, you get Kael for the leader but he has no traits. (or at least none are shown for him)

This post is confusing on multiple levels. I am either misunderstanding you, or you are in fact attempting to play a screen shot. In all fairness its probably the former but its still a pretty weird.

This post is confusing on multiple levels. I am either misunderstanding you, or you are in fact attempting to play a screen shot. In all fairness its probably the former but its still a pretty weird.

If I understand it right he tried the Random Neutral Leader and got Kael?

The graphic Kael uses for his avatar is the graphic for the Random Neutral Leader in Play Now. I'm guessing charleswatkins somehow ended up playing AS the Random Neutral Leader, rather than a random neutral leader. Which is confusing enough on it's own. XD

EDIT: It seems he was able to select a specific civilization after choosing Random Neutral Leader, which is weird. Was unrestricted leaders turn on, charles?

LOLZ... thats hecka funny

Get a python error casting Open Chest - I forget the exact wording, but apparently iPlayer is not defined.

EDIT: Apparently that only applied to one of the two chests - the second opened and gave me a healing salve (big woop) fine. One was generated by the "sells you a map" event, the other by exploring a shipwreck. Unfortunately I'm not 100% which is which :(

Attached the savegame - the chests are way over in the east.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0399.CivBeyondSwordSave
    292.8 KB · Views: 60
Had a CTD when exploring a village with a scout. I suspect it had something to do with the village event, and luckily, I have a save from right before it crashed, though I haven't been able to recreate it because of the "New Random Seed on Reload" option.

Attachments

• Lewis AD-0021.CivBeyondSwordSave
    72.9 KB · Views: 75
Playing as Grigori, I switched to Raiders with my Adaptive trait.

I have five units with 100 XP (including two Adventurer heroes).

They are NOT getting any XP despite having the Raiders trait when I kill barbarian units. It's OK, as expected, when I kill units from another civ, but I never saw this before with the Raiders trait.

Playing as Grigori, I switched to Raiders with my Adaptive trait.

I have five units with 100 XP (including two Adventurer heroes).

They are NOT getting any XP despite having the Raiders trait when I kill barbarian units. It's OK, as expected, when I kill units from another civ, but I never saw this before with the Raiders trait.

Balance Changes:
1. Raiders trait now gives commando to Adepts (as well as the previous other 5 unit combats) and no longer grants additional xp from combat (Nikis-Knight).

It isn't supposed to anymore, so working as intended...

Now it's about as good as Charismatic, without being almost strictly better.

Got this when Mulcarn was summoned:
mulcarn python.jpg

So as Illians I founded the Empyrean by being the first to discover Honor. I've seen from previous posts that discovering Honor and also Deception seems to be intended for Agnostic Civs to allow them to join the Overcouncil and the Undercouncil.

I also founded Octopus Overlords by getting a Zealot from exploring a lair. Was rather late in the game, but apparently no AI civs had bothered to go for OO. I see some notes in Xienwolf's summary that this also seems to be intentional.

However, what seems strange to me given the above is that I can build Ecclesiastics and also Temples of the Empyrean, but can't build Temples of the Overlords or Zealots. The Empyrean temples are handy for extra happiness, etc.

Is this intentional? Should I be able to build Temples of the Overlords and Zealots, or should I not be able to build Temples of the Empyrean and Ecclesiastics?

Seems like it should be consistent one way or the other.

Oops -- one other note. I had earlier captured the ROK holy city and used it to pump out a couple of great prophets. I founded the Dies Dei with one of them. Now when I build Ecclesiastics they are not getting the +2 experience that Dies Diei is supposed to give. Does one have to have Empyrean as the state religion to get this benefit?

BTW Kael & Co FFH is AMAZING! It keeps getting better -- and what makes it good is the staggering and unforeseen complexity of the interactions between all of these different effects, spells, racial bonuses, etc. Playing anything else now seems simplistic. Keep up the great work, I can't wait for Ice (or Shadow, or whatever the final phase is.)

Oops #2 -- The mouseover tip for Illians for the Archery Range mentions Frostling Archers, but I'm pretty late in the game and can't build them.

Temples and tier 1 disciples have, as a requirement, the tech that gives the religion. This is the equivalent of having Arendal Spread fellowship of the leaves into your lands, and you not being able to build disciple of leaves, you just don't have the required tech.

Patch a. Option "High to low". I just switched from Sandalphon (score 633) to Minister Koun (334) who is coupled with Amelanchier (627). I am not sure it is intended :).

PS And I can not adopt state religion as Minister Koun. :(

Koun is Agnostic.

Top Bottom