Current Status + Future Updates

Balkans could work either way but I strongly suggest to have Colombia as an independent civ since it is the only local adversary of Venezuela and the ALBA states and the only strong US ally in South America. If there will be an upcoming war in South America it will most probably be between Colombia and Venezuela.

Like I said:

Everyone thought so much of this was allll done. But when NikNaks and myself went thru all the work. Nothing, hardly, had actually been completed. The work that had actually been done was the lists put on the forums. No real, actual work had been done.

Basically, myself and NikNaks have had to do this from scratch starting from the other week.

This is the final civ list that we decided to go with since nothing was done and we have had to go on doing all the work, basically, ourselves. Outside of I believe IanInsane for doing all of the work for Ideologies (good job, btw). We had some ideas down, but not a lot of actual, real work was ever implemented. So thats what we've been doing. Trying to play catchup instead of being stuck with nothing done, still.

Cheesemijit and I both finished off the UB's, I think that counts as some work completed (though some of those aren't really all that relevant with the whole map redesign recently). I don't want to see my months of work go to waste.

I think Matty is exaggerating a touch, but there really was very little done. What work we do have is being salvaged where possible.

Ok, just making sure, good thing this mod is at least progressing after that half-a-year hiatus we went into :goodjob:. I'll attempt to help whenever I can, though school is coming up (the 27th), and that should really suck out any spare time I have.

Current Status Update:

Done:
-Leaders added.
-Civilizations added.
-Civilizations & leaders added to map.
-Units & unit ratios figured out.
-(also, the other work that had been done by you guys such as ideologies)

In process:
-Editing cities to rightful in-game owners
-Editing cities population size to 2009 numbers from 1940 numbers (both about 50% done).

Needed to be done (could use help):
-Leaderhead art (probably should use 'still photos' for first release for simplicity). Please ask me for the civ leader list that has been implemented in the XML to date.
-Unit art. Again please ask for the regular units used in the XML (not UU's).
-Civilization art (flags) - Please be sure to ask for the official civ list

Okay...here are the leaders used and therefore needed stills for:

Spoiler :
West: 8
Usa - barack obama - CHM/EXP
canada - stephen harper - FIN/ORG
Mexico - felipe calderon - CHM/SPI
brazil - lula da silva - SPI/CRE
argentina - cristina kirchner - SPI/PRO
peru - alan garica - PHI/PRO
chile - michelle bachelet - ORG/EXP
colombia - alvaro velez - ORG/IND

Bolivarian Alliance: 1 - hugo chavez - IMP/SPI
venezuela
ecuador
bolivia
cuba
nicaragua
honduras
dominican republic

europe: 10
UK - gordon brown - EXP/PRO
spain - jose zapatero - EXP/CRE
france - nicolas sarkozy - EXP/FIN
germany - horst kohler - FIN/PRO
poland - lech kaczynski - EXP/PRO
italy - giorgio napolitano - IND/CHM
sweden - fredrik reinfeldt - FIN/ORG
turkey - abdullah gul - PRO/IND
ukraine - viktor yushchenko - PRO/IMP
switzerland - hans merz - ind/fin

NATO: 1 - jens stoltenberg - EXP/PRO
norway
iceland
denmark
estonia
latvia
lithuania

european union: 1 - peter balkenende - EXP/ORG
belgium
netherlands
ireland
portugal
greece
bulgaria
romania
czech rep.
austria
hungary
finland

Mediterranean Union: 1 - Stipe Mesic
Croatia
Serbia
Albania

N Africa: 4
libya - baghdadi mahmudi - AGG/SPI
egypt - hosni mubarak - PRO/CRE
morocco - abbas el fassi - PRO/PHI
algeria - abdelaziz bouteflika - SPI/PHI

Africa East/Central/West/AU Alliances: 4

West: 1 - umaru yar adua - FIN/PRO
sierra leone
Liberia
Cameroon
togo
Nigeria

Central: 1 - jose dos santos - IMP/EXP
Mali
Niger
Zambia
Angola

East: 1 - meles zenawi - EXP/AGG
Tanzania
Mozambique
Ethiopia
namibia

African Union: 1 - jacob zuma - ORG/CHM
South Africa
tunisia
Senegal
Ghana

Middle East: 6
saudi arabia - king abdullah - FIN/PHI
jordan - king abdullah II - FIN/IND
syria - bashar al assad - SPI/IMP
israel - shimon peres - PRO/EXP
iran - mahmoud ahmadinejad - AGG/IMP
lebanon - michel suleiman - AGG/FIN

central asia: 2
russia - Belarus - vladimir putin - IMP/FIN
CACO: - kassym tokayev - ORG/PHI
tajikistan - kazakhstan - Kyrgyzstan -
Turkmenistan - uzbekistan

West/South Asia: 2
pakistan - asif zardari - AGG/SPI
India - manmohan singh - FIN/SPI

SouthEast Asia: 4
China: 1 - wen jiabao - FIN/IMP
thailand: 1 - bhumibol adulyadej - IND/CRE
indonesia: 1 - susilo yudhoyono - EXP/ORG
ASEAN: 1 - sr nathan - FIN/ORG
vietnam
philippines
malaysia
singapore

East Asia: 3
N Korea - kim yong il - AGG/IMP
S Korea - lee myung bak - FIN/IND
Japan - taro aso - ORG/IND

Australia/Oceania: 1
australia - new zealand - kevin rudd - CHM/CRE

Now - we can only use one still-photo per leader - more would require extensive sdk modding which will either never get done, or be reserved for a time in the future. So just get on picture. I'm not exactly sure on the size needed - but I know there is a thread on CivFanatics somewhere that is the required image size needed. NikNaks probably knows the answer to this already.

As for Flags. We need the flags so I can put them in as the .dds so I can actually load up the mod. Otherwise the mod crashes. So - we need flags that fit for the .dds files for each of the countries/alliances above.

Now - another important question for the map. There are many buildings/etc. that need to be added to each city. Because starting with the 1940 scenario - not every city was industrialized/modernized such as it is today. So...how are we going to go about making those decisions. Because going one-by-one for over 400+ total cities for each building is going to be a tedious nightmare. So - any ideas? Should every city get certain building types and then only certain cities get more advanced buildings (then it becomes easier to copy/paste the necessary info.)?

Now - another important question for the map. There are many buildings/etc. that need to be added to each city. Because starting with the 1940 scenario - not every city was industrialized/modernized such as it is today. So...how are we going to go about making those decisions. Because going one-by-one for over 400+ total cities for each building is going to be a tedious nightmare. So - any ideas? Should every city get certain building types and then only certain cities get more advanced buildings (then it becomes easier to copy/paste the necessary info.)?

Hmm... I'd say we categorize them by size, and civilization. As in a size 20 city (and below) will get these buildings in the following civs [insert civ names here], while 20 and above will get these buildings, and so on and so forth. So that makes it that a size 20 city in the U.S. won't have the same buildings and infrastructure as a size 20 city in Africa. Though, because school is coming up and will have no time to help compile such list.

I'll start on the leaderheads soon I'll have them done in a couple weeks

Matty, how come you didn't use the leaders and traits we agreed on earlier? At least for those civs we already had? I have some issues with these. I'll post it into the leaders thread...

Yeah, I answered in the leaders thread. Just everyone (seriously - and including myself) try to stay on topic for the threads.

Now onto the update:

Tonight I figured out and completed the map in terms of cultural borders, removed all the 1940 units, and emptied every city from buildings, etc.

Next up:

Figuring out what cities on the map will be represented with what buildings. Adding cities to the map that are not currently represented (Tel Aviv, for example - suggested needed and please use the appropriate thread).

Also - if anyone could PM me if you know how I'd go about sending along the map to you guys to view, I'd appreciate it so I can send out the looks of the map (pre-finalized - See: Final Civ List thread).

Matty, you're doing good work! I gotta say that now. First when you came up offhand with that new civ list it was looking like you were presenting us with a fait accompli leaving no possibility to discuss that arguable choice of civs. I didn't reckon that you would embrace our opinions and suggestions as you're doing now. Thanks!

Yeah, fair play Matty. Hopefully we're really getting somewhere. And most importantly you can and are actually doing this.

Just don't be shy to actually ask people to do specific things if needed.

Civplayah, i think it's really getting there.

Not sure where to post this, but:

Does anyone want me to write articles for the in game (or out of game) civiliopedia? This is something I could easily do then pass onto a modder to incorporate. I know articles on USA etc are easy, but I'm willing to do my research on Syria, Taiwan etc too.

Broadly encompassing:

History
Current politics/ foreign relations
Economy

Alright...I've done everything that I can do within my ability range to date.

I've adjusted the map correctly with leaders/cityowners, etc. I created the leaderhead/civilization INFO. Changed the colors. From here...at least unless NikNaks has something else I can help with...he is going to have my work as the rest is a bit more specialized than I can handle and will need his help/experience to get the rest going.

Hope all goes well from here on out...don't think it should be overly long to get this started.

(PS, NikNaks...in the SVN...remember to be sure the adjustment of the typo on line 1 in Color vals is correct, and I sent the WBS to your email).

Top Bottom