Questions about The BUG Mod

As soon as i clicked the filter button.

Though it's possible this bug is more related to exposing poor code in the mp itself. If you have to use any sort of temporary client side changes these will be very prone to causing OOS I'd imagine.

Darn. I had assumed that the unit-moving trickery was only done when selecting units and that filtering was visual-only. I'll have to dig into the code, and that's not going to be pretty. :(

Just to add, after several oos when selcting multiple units, I turned off PLE (and miss it deeply). But no OOS since then (ok, excluding the new 4.2 problem with unit naming ;) )

I hope the PLE thing is possible to fix, because the default bts look isn't nearly as nice :(

I hope the PLE thing is possible to fix, because the default bts look isn't nearly as nice :(

You could always leave PLE on but either a) discipline yourself not to use the filters or b) turn off the PLE buttons so you don't click a filter accidentally. The upgrade/promote views may also cause OOS, but I can't imagine the view types (row, box, stacked bars) cause it.

If you uncheck the 'PLE Style' you skip all of the filtering (and the associated code) but you still get the promo frame, GG star, etc.

Hello.
I've recently installed the BAT mod 2.1 (with the installer.exe) and it works perfectly. Before of this, I had installed only BUG (I think version 4.0) without BAT and BULL.
Now I would like to update the BUG at the version 4.2 and install the BULL when I play WITHOUT open the BAT mod.
(Now, if I start a game with the BAT mod I play also with BUG 4.2 and BULL, but if I start the game without the BAT, i.e. opening a save in the forum, I play with the precedent version of the BUG and without the BULL)
What I have to do?
Thank you

@CBPE - Uninstall your old BUG 4.0 and then install BUG 4.2 using the (default) single-player method. Next download and install BULL 1.0. Note that BULL doesn't have a fancy installer yet, but it only requires copying a folder and a file into the right spots. There is a readme included in the ZIP with the instructions.

I was worried that doing so could create problems with the BUG and BULL included in the BAT mod.

Thank you very much

EDIT: Sorry, I'm not so able to easily do that :(

How can I disinstall BUG 4.0?

How can I disinstall BUG 4.0?

There is a shortcut in the BUG 4.0 Programs Start menu. If you unchecked Start Menu when you installed BUG, you can find the installer in the "BUG Mod" folder in the My Games / Beyond the Sword folder.

If you still cannot find the installer, just delete your CustomAssets folder that's in that same BTS folder above.

I assume you installed BULL into BAT. If so, yes uninstall everything and install BAT alone. That's always safest. You can keep your UserSettings folder if you like or just reset your settings to default by deleting it before reinstalling.

Hi. Sorry not answered before. I unistalled everything and reinstalled BAT alone, but Houston, I have a problem :crazyeye:

I probably installed everything wong (there's no readme and the how to install refers only to BUG, not BAT, and surely I'm an idiot, so probably you may consider do this idiot-proof :blush:)

This is what I done: unzip BATMod_1.2.zip so I have this structure:
BATMod_1.2
--BAT Mod 1.2
------BUG Mod
-------------CustomDomAdv
-------------some files
------Mods
----------BAT Mod 1.2
-------------Assets
-------------BAT Mod 1.2.ini
------PublicMaps
-------------8 .py files

So... :confused:

I copy/paste the folder BAT Mod 1.2 (the one inside Mods) to My Games\Beyond the Sword\Mods

Then copy/paste the folder BUG Mod into My Games\Beyond the Sword directly

And copy/paste the 8 .py files from PublicMaps into My Games\Beyond the Sword\PublicMaps

OK. It doesn't work. I can load BAT 1.2 as a mod, but I don't see any graphic changes. And I haven't BUG nor with BAT neither with BTS alone.

I remember when I installed the BUG 4.2 mod I need to rename the folder because BTS don't start it, but now I can't remember how :cry:

And about BULL,... well I have no idea :sad:

EDITED:

I've fonded here: http://civ4bug.sourceforge.net/BATMod.html

This:

Installation Instructions:

Self-Extracting .EXE instructions:
1)Run the ‘BATMod_XX.exe’ file. [XX is the current version number.]
2) You will be prompted for different installation options. Choose the one that you prefer. Settings files will be shared between all installations now, so you can have multiple installs as well.
3) Restart CIV.

ZIP File instructions:
1) Locate your CIV:BTS Document folder (Usually within My Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword or Users/Username/Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword for Vista).
2) Copy contents of 'BATMod_XX.zip’ file, [XX is the current version number.], into the CIV:BTS Mods folder.
3) Restart CIV.

Well, I don't have an .exe so I do the ZIP way: I erased every folder and file I said before and copy/paste the BAT Mod 1.2 folder directly into My Games\Beyond the Sword

The same. I feel very stupid.

You can get the EXE installer that will do everything for you (BATMod_2.1.exe) from my sig, or you can keep trying with the ZIP. Here's how the folders should look when you're done. You do not need to install BUG or BULL because BAT includes them both.

Code:
My Documents
  My Games
    Beyond the Sword
      Mods
        BAT Mod 2.1
          Assets
          BUG Mod
          BAT Mod 2.1.ini

There is a shortcut in the BUG 4.0 Programs Start menu. If you unchecked Start Menu when you installed BUG, you can find the installer in the "BUG Mod" folder in the My Games / Beyond the Sword folder.

If you still cannot find the installer, just delete your CustomAssets folder that's in that same BTS folder above.

Thanks again!
Work done, all ok :)

You can get the EXE installer that will do everything for you (BATMod_2.1.exe) from my sig, or you can keep trying with the ZIP. Here's how the folders should look when you're done. You do not need to install BUG or BULL because BAT includes them both.

Code:
My Documents
  My Games
    Beyond the Sword
      Mods
        BAT Mod 2.1
          Assets
          BUG Mod
          BAT Mod 2.1.ini

EDITED: I just see this: I have BAT 1.2 :confused: I downloaded it on november 16, just one day after downloaded BUG 4.2. This is because I never realise I had an old BAT version :wallbash::hammer2::hammer2::hammer2:

I love the mod. After playing civ for 20 yrs. now, it's like a whole new game.
I've got a problem with the game constantly crashing once it gets around the 1600's.
Some errors have come up like 'bad memory allocation' and 'program has timed out'.
And all of the most current saves will not load to completion. It seems like there loading and then once the loading screen is complete the game boots me out to the desktop. I can re-start the game from an early save but once I reach the late 1500's to early 1600's it does the same thing. I really don't want to continue playing without this mod (Bat2.1)
Any ideas?

Check out this thread on the BAT issues. The problem is likely just too many unit graphics with VD 8.0, but we're still looking into it.

One temporary solution is to rename BAT's Assets folder to anything else. This will allow you to finish your games at least, though without the features. A better work-around would be to install BUG as a mod (multi-player) and then swap the two by renaming the mods' folders. This way you can at least use BUG (and BULL if you install that into BUG) while finishing your games.

At least until we have a solution . . .

what may be your problem, and correct me if im wrong on this developers, but your computer's graphical capabilities may not be enough to handle all of the graphics added to the game with bat. the only way to work around this may be to do what EmperorFool said or getting a new graphics processing unit may fix your problem

ive had this problem happen to me when using LoR and ive narrowed the reasons down to this
hope i helped

I'm running an I7 @ 920 with an ATI 4870 card. The computer has 6 gb of ram and the PSU has 512 mb. I've tried lowering the graphics to low, but I still get the same results. Is there any known problems with Windows 7?

Top Bottom