Stupid question

Samson

Deity
I am sure I am being stupid, but how do you spread your spice corperation?

Great mod BTW.

Thanks for the feedback! As of 1.7.1, there are no more spice corporations. In previous versions up to 1.7, you would build one building to found a spice corporation, but you do not need to spread it. It generates considerable revenue on its own.

So I downloaded version 1.7 three days ago, and it is already changed. I have a spice corperation in my capital, built for 1 hammer. Should that spread at all?

I shall upgrade when I finish this game.

Version 1.7.1 was released three weeks ago. The corporation does not need to spread. If you have not already found it, you may want to read the section on Dune Wars concepts in the civilopedia. It will give you a lot of helpful background about the game, including the role of spice corporations.

The spice corporation (in versions before 1.7.1) cannot be spread to other cities.
It gives 3 commerce in your corp city per spice resource you control.

It would have given far too large a bonus if it were spreadable; if you had 20 spice and 6 cities, that would be 120 commerce just from spice.

So I THINK I am playing from a file called dune-wars-1-7.exe downloaded on the 23rd Jan. I can build a spice corp but it has always produced 5gpt however many spices I have.

It is a little confusing to say it gives this commerce per spice resource. My apologies. It is more accurate to say it gives this commerce, per each spice harvester you have built. You can only build a spice harvester on a spice resource.

I do not know what is going on.

I think you are looking in the wrong place. In vanilla, and also in DW 1.7, the corporation income is not shown in the hover help of the city. Instead, please open the financial advisor using the F2 key. This shows a number of details on the financial income of your civ. I don't have the game open right here so I cannot send a screenshot; but you will see an entry for "corporation income". That is where you can see it. Please look there and verify that the corporation income varies according to the number of spice harvesters you have.

In 1.7.1, there is no corporation, and the commerce income is shown directly on the palace in the hover help. So the way you created the screenshot would almost show the right value, you would just look on the palace since there is no longer any corporation building.

<incorrect info removed>

And again, thanks for the feedback, and glad you're enjoying the mod.

Just to clarify; the fact that you are still able to build the corp building means that you are still running an older version, or that 1.7 didn't install correctly (eg installed 1.7 over the top of a previous version).

This is not correct. The switch from corporations to the palace building occurred in 1.7.1, not 1.7. So his 1.7 installation is working correctly.

<post above edited to remove stupid error; apologies for adding to the confusion instead of clarifying>

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0069.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0069.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 94
Not a stupid question at all. Looks like a good potential bug find. Can you confirm that the food bar doesn't move in the city if you repeatedly end turn?

Ie: even passively, the city doesn't grow?

Thanks for noticing this.

Not a stupid question at all. Looks like a good potential bug find. Can you confirm that the food bar doesn't move in the city if you repeatedly end turn?

Ie: even passively, the city doesn't grow?

Thanks for noticing this.

I ended the turn and it started working (see screenie). I did get access to another polar ice, but I then pillaged one and it still worked, so I guess it just takes a turn or so to start working.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0072.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0072.JPG
    168.3 KB · Views: 66
Top Bottom