Civilization V Announced!

This is

WONDERFUL!

YAHOOOO!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I was getting worried! All the things (well, most of them) that Civ4 was missing are in civ5! The Ranged Bombard feature of DalesCombatMod seems to be included, something I always loved, and Firaxis is finally getting rid of those stupid squares! And it will be really modable, I hear.

One downside: I'm running civ4 on a XP fairly well, but the movies are really slow. The computer is really full, and I'll need a new computer for civ5. How much would a good enough computer cost?

So it says 18 civs.

The only civ we know for sure is in the game is America. As for the others, these have been in the beginning of all releases of Civ:

1. America ✓
  2. Azteca
  3. China
  4. Egypt
  5. England
  6. France
  7. Germany
  8. Greece
  9. India
  10. Japan
  11. Rome
  12. Russia
in civ1 nations' list (in the order they are in the nation(tribe) pick screen):

1. Roman
  2. Babylonian
  3. German
  4. Egyptian
  5. American
  6. Greek
  7. Indian
  8. Russian
  9. Zulu
  10. French
  11. Aztec
  12. Chinese
  13. English
  14. Mongol

"huge battles feel massive with armies sprawling across the landscape"? Should I be reading "basically, now each unit shows up as 10 guys instead of 3, so if you're expecting any sort of interesting innovations in battles well sucks to be you" ?

I was over at Apolyton for some time but that place has totally disintegrated.

I have to say, seeing what they did to SimCity with SimSocieties was painful. I pray, pray that Sid Meier has enough sense not to make the same mistake and go with graphics over gameplay. War definitely looks more promising in this, and getting rid of the stacks will be huge but they must keep refining Trade and Diplomacy. You hear that Firaxis? Also, espionage needs a ton of work. Work on that the next 8 months... And obviously, I'd be perfectly content playing Civ3 until time immemorial if the AI was badass.

Keep working on the AI Firaxis. Keep beating this into them people, they did a great job of listening to us for Civ4.

Jack up the
AI AI AI AI AI AI AI AI AI AI AI

I sure hope this one isn't as strategically shallow as civ3 was.

AWESOME news! :D

Main things that stick out at me:

Hexagon tiles - cool, I've been thinking that'd be a good idea for a while. I wonder if that'll mean *properly* spherical worlds are now in the game.

Native languages - sounds neat, although I assume they'll provide a translation. :p

Weather - looks like there's some rain in some of the screenshots, I wonder if this interacts with gameplay in any way, or is just an extra visual element.

System requirements - I hope they won't be too hefty, I don't want to have to get a new computer to be able to run it.

Either way, sounds pretty cool. I'm excited! :D

Firaxis, if you need another tester... just saying... ;)

Woha civ5..hope it will bring back the magic in me that civ4 had when i first played it with the baba yetu song.

I have heard that they are chosing 18 civs, in a way thats kinda bad, I wish they would continue with the ones they made already. Either way I am sure that the leaderheads will look great and that they would have the same old Americans, Germans, English, Indians, and so on.

I have heard that they are chosing 18 civs, in a way thats kinda bad, I wish they would continue with the ones they made already. Either way I am sure that the leaderheads will look great and that they would have the same old Americans, Germans, English, Indians, and so on.
They have to leave some for the expansions, I guess. ;)

I hope Civ5 is everything I wished Civ3 would have been. Civ4 never caught my true addiction though I played it a fair bit. I really hope Civ5 comes out with near perfect AI, deep and thoughtful gameplay that is balanced from day 1 to the end of the game. Here is to hope!

Awesome, I hope it has everything the last few games should have had.

I hope Civ5 is everything I wished Civ3 would have been. Civ4 never caught my true addiction though I played it a fair bit. I really hope Civ5 comes out with near perfect AI, deep and thoughtful gameplay that is balanced from day 1 to the end of the game. Here is to hope!

I feel the exact same way.. I didn't lust for the next turn in Civ4 like I did Civ3. Couldn't have said/wished it better

My head has exploded. Well, I guess now the long wait begins. Angst, I hate waiting.

YEAH! I've been waiting for this for some time, so the next months are worth the extra waiting...

If only the Dutch government could fall this week, this week would be awesome!

Haha, looks good! Here's hoping it will top even Civilization IV. Cheers!

Great. Civ V comes out just as soon as I become a freshman in university.

Farewell, possibility of doing anything productive in my life!

Top Bottom