Is there a version of Vox Populi that's most compatible with the majority of mods out there?

CallOn84

Chieftain
Hi,

I've wanted a series of mods for a realistic game of Civilization V + Vox Populi for a while now. The first time I tried doing it, I had multiple crashes on my desktop, but it turns out that the mods that were part of that compatibility post were out-of-date.

So, I'm either looking for a version of Vox Populi that is most compatible with most mods on this forum and Steam workshop or downloading several mods you recommended to have a realistic Civilization V game.

Thanks!

As far as mod compatibility, there were some significant changes to database structure in 4.x -- so older mods not intended for VP, or not updated since 4.x, may not work as well in 4.x+

On the other hand, mods that have been updated for 4.x may not work in the older structure. There's no perfect answer here. I generally pick which version I'm gonna play based on the nature of the feedback each is receiving here on forums. You probably wanna be on a 4.x version at this point. The final 3.x versions played alright, reasonably stable, I personally played 3.7.12 for quite a while after the community moved on

As far as mod compatibility, there were some significant changes to database structure in 4.x -- so older mods not intended for VP, or not updated since 4.x, may not work as well in 4.x+

On the other hand, mods that have been updated for 4.x may not work in the older structure. There's no perfect answer here. I generally pick which version I'm gonna play based on the nature of the feedback each is receiving here on forums. You probably wanna be on a 4.x version at this point. The final 3.x versions played alright, reasonably stable, I personally played 3.7.12 for quite a while after the community moved on

In that case, any mods you recommend for a realism playthrough for 4.x?

In that case, any mods you recommend for a realism playthrough for 4.x?
Everyone will have a very subjective answer to this question.

I think the 3/4 UC mod is the only one I'd say is truly part of VP canon at this point -- I'm guessing that a sizeable majority of VP community play with 3/4 UC vs just those that play with VP alone.

In my own play, I really like the various hex conquer mods, pretty much an every-game mod for me, though it is a significant rule change that not everyone likes, and does confer some subtle advantage to human, albeit only through human ability to plan and strategize; the AI playstyle is generally well suited to it.

I really like both the more resources and more wonders mods, though I've left them off of recent games due to some crash issues I was trying to isolate, not sure these were the cause -- the more wonders in particular is the only mod that adds interesting features to water tiles, which are otherwise very bland in civ. Will be adding both back shortly.

Otherwise imo "realism" is best achieved via 43-civ VP, and on jarcast's extra huge map. I would suggest playing without EUI as it seems to increase instability on really large maps (though this is more of a hunch, can't say for certain).

The modmods and their intercompatibility can be a bit of a mixed bag, and come down to personal taste to great degree. I'd suggest finding a small core of favorites to start with, and add 1-2 from there in successive games. I think you can find "post your mod list" threads in this forum, but you'll find they vary wildly

Otherwise imo "realism" is best achieved via 43-civ VP, and on jarcast's extra huge map
OT, but...
Is that extra huge map the same as Iconian's on steam?

Included in VP means we have to keep them fully functional.

In fact we already have a problem with Promotion Tree. There are known bugs that nobody can/is willing to fix, and someone keeps wanting it removed...

Included in VP means we have to keep them fully functional.

In fact we already have a problem with Promotion Tree. There are known bugs that nobody can/is willing to fix, and someone keeps wanting it removed...
It's more stuff that has to be troubleshot later potentially. I read the thread about the issue with promotion tree. Is there plan to remove until it's fixed?

Top Bottom