A New Dawn Beta Builds

I just found out that if you want the real Forest/Coal or my Red Theme to work correctly, you HAVE to delete the Brown Theme in Jooyo's folder, otherwise it comes up a different color(s).

I know. You can only select one custom theme, the last one to load will overwrite the earlier ones.

I know. You can only select one custom theme, the last one to load will overwrite the earlier ones.

that was mainly for everyone else that didnt know.:p

Also you have in the MLF
<Module>
<Directory>Hydro</Directory>
<bLoad>0</bLoad>
</Module>

twice?

General Notice:

While I appreciate and welcome bug reports, complaints about Beta Builds are unnecessary. Beta Builds do not in any way represent the final product. If you have complaints, I have a dedicated complaints thread. Please leave your Rants there. ;)

Think I found a beta 11 bug but it may be on purpose. Is the granary just adding health for corn now? And not wheat rice and potatoes? Because it's only providing me the bonus for corn. I suppose I could have just missed a note about this.

Think I found a beta 11 bug but it may be on purpose. Is the granary just adding health for corn now? And not wheat rice and potatoes? Because it's only providing me the bonus for corn. I suppose I could have just missed a note about this.

Yeah, just corn for the moment. It's part of Better RoM anyway.

Also. If someone just straight up complains about your mod... they're a moron. Your mod is the best thing since Civ 1. Shrug it off.

I know, I know. That's what I tell myself. ;) Had a rough weekend though, so logging on each day and finding a page of complaints was not helping. Especially when the complaints had nothing to do about bugs....

Re: Text notes on the granary.

The mouseover tooltip still reads the old bonuses. Know this is low priority but worth mentioning.

Yeah. I'm not particularly concerned, I'm going to have to scrap a good portion of Better RoM when 2.9 is released, so we'll see what stays and what goes. ;)

I just played beta12 for around 100 turns and some comments.

1. hovering over Revolt status bar does not work. I think this happened before...

2. BUG Civ4lerts doesn't work. any alerting messages didn't appear. maybe new BUG causes this problem.

3. Ruthless AI is awesome!! wow, I was always at bottom of the scoreboard. it makes game more challengable! Great work Afforess :goodjob:

After missing a few betas I have started a Beta 11 game. Here is some feedback I noticed:

2) I noticed that the nationality of a tile is no longer displayed, i.e. "100% Spanish". Is that expected? I missed a few betas as I said. When you discover the borders of a rival in the early game and can't see their cities yet, if a couple of civs have very similar border colours then sometimes you can't tell which civ you have bumped into for a while.
I can confirm this with beta12. Seems like a bug.

Also, are Warlords automatically enabled when you choose Barbarian Generals? I noticed that the Warlords option is hidden and disabled in beta12 in Afforess_CIV4GameOptionInfos.xml. I certainly did not choose warlords at game setup (this was with beta11), but I did choose barbarian generals. Yet I do get the warlord units. What do I need to select at game setup to get rid of them?

I apologize if this has been fixed in Beta 12, but at least in 11 the Civic screen doesn't display if a civic enables Fixed Borders or not, only looking at the Civilopedia article reveals that.

Edit: I hope it's just not my install :|

Edit 2: With 11, and in an civic which enables Fixed Borders (Republic), it doesn't seem that claiming territory works. (The button doesn't show up on any unit)

Afforess, Is there a way to limit stacks to one unit so we can start playing like on Civ 5?

Sorry if this is the wrong thread to post this question.

Edit 2: With 11, and in an civic which enables Fixed Borders (Republic), it doesn't seem that claiming territory works. (The button doesn't show up on any unit)

I play beta 11 and it works just fine. If you claim a tile you have to station a unit on it to keep it now, though. If not, the claimed tile gets neutral or enemy tile again.

Afforess, Is there a way to limit stacks to one unit so we can start playing like on Civ 5?

Sorry if this is the wrong thread to post this question.

Yeah I would like to see a custom game option "limited stacks", too. 5 units should be sufficient. If its not possible to code it because of whatever reason you could add the "crowded" promotion, giving a malus to units if they are more than 5 on a tile. I saw it in some other mod sometime.
Last but not least a way to make the AI use "composed" stacks (1 melee, one archer, one horse, one catapult for example) would be nice.

I think if you limit stacks, the "souround and destroy" custom game option might be coming into play nicely. Also, it might be easier to take cities if the crowded promotion is enabled because too many defenders can't be efficient and if your city gets more and more sourounded youre in real trouble....

Hello,

Love to play Rise of Mankind and A New Dawn, it's FUN.

But I still wish Obsidian and Shrimp to become Visible = =

Sorry for my messed up English. = =" Just cannot write well.

EDIT: Reinstall Mod and ModMod somehow fix it, thx u for ur answer.

Played the first 480 turns in snail on a huge map in beta 12.
Only bug I found so far is that two of my workers paused the moment bevore the plantation was finished on a wood tile and after I changed the city building and hit build plantation again on the worker the city gain the produktion from clearing the wood but the wood wasnt removend and also the planattion wasnt build. So the worker started again from zero.
Sadly I dont have a save.
Edit: It didnt hapen again so no save. :(

Btw. I find it good that the Bug Menue now have its own Button. :)

Played the first 480 turns in snail on a huge map in beta 12.
Only bug I found so far is that two of my workers paused the moment bevore the plantation was finished on a wood tile and after I changed the city building and hit build plantation again on the worker the city gain the produktion from clearing the wood but the wood wasnt removend and also the planattion wasnt build. So the worker started again from zero.
Sadly I dont have a save.
Edit: It didnt hapen again so no save. :(

Btw. I find it good that the Bug Menue now have its own Button. :)

Did you check out BUG? In the first tab, there are pre-chop options. You should uncheck these two pre-chop functions so that you don't have to deal with these annoying features. That was not a bug but a feature of BUG in order to give you time to determine whether or not to chop forest/jungle.

You didnt get it? The bug wasnt that the Worker stoped but that after I give the order to continue the wood didnt get cleared, the City still got the Produktion, the Planatation wasnt build and the worker started again from begin.

Hello,

I play AND beta build 12 and found these problems,
[On Earth Map, Marathon Length, Noble, As Montezuma[Love his Power of Sacrifice:mischief:]

-I didn't see Obsidian in all my Cities Screen's Resource Bonus[Its Picture and Bonus]
-I didn't see Shrimps Pic too though i saw its Bonus
-I start game with RevolutionMod but there are no new civs come to play yet, now 460/1500 turns
[maybe just bcoz AI are smarter but Barbarian Cities have not evolved too with BarbarianCiv activated.]

I just began playing it, More to come if I see More.[I will EDIT this Post later]

Love to play Rise of Mankind and A New Dawn, it's FUN.

Sorry for my messed up English. = =" Just cannot write well.

The Obsidian and Shrimp resources have no icon, which is why they are marked by empty parenthesis in the city screen. Revolutions is working fine, I've had rebellions.

quick question.
Don't kill me for asking . . .

beta 10 to 12 save game compatible?

Top Bottom