Ideas so game-changing, they'll have to wait for Civ 6

Coustomizable units and I mean everything! What they ware, use to fight, even how they respond when you click them!:D

Interactions on a Natan-level so if you look sad or angry when in politics-screen the leader-heads ask "What's wrong?" :)

Real actors instead of animated for the leader civs.

They had live actors in Civ 2, at least the advisors were. FMV seems to have failed and the few exceptions were not enough to bring it back. Though I think only the C&C series does FMV anymore...

Living, breathing 3d Earth that contains all of the thousands of civilizations that have existed and the ability to replicate history or divert from it while allowing so that you can make your history seem significant (in Civ games, each game makes history different, but nothing "special" ever happens compared to all of the special and history turning events in real history) with a deep combat system, exploration, ai, graphics and the ability to zoom into any land and actually see your cities in a street view as well as mountains, deserts, etc. like google earth, all rendered with Crysis level graphics.

In before octagonal tiles :p on a serious not I would like to see recorded leaders as someone suggested, and advisers like in Civ III, but who is to say these are too monumental since they have already been implemented in past games?

Mmmmm....ciVIlization. :D

Dynamic Revolutions where you can actually fight the loyalists or revolutionaries thats how u role.

Elvis!

How about non-abstracted scale. For those who like to play super ultra epic marathon games.

In all seriousness.

When you attack an enemy as usual, it opens up a huge real-time arena, with the defenders in their starting positions, and you in an attacking position. Then, you will have to manage formations, know when to pull back, etc. The enemy can also do this - for example, Hannibal will probably lure you to a choke point, and slaughter you. It would allow real time, full scale action.

I'd like to see the end game reflect the complexity of massive centralized governments, globalization, and extremely volatile economies. I'd like to see civs go into recessions at times. I'd like to see special interest groups rising up and influencing late game politics. I'd like to see labor organizing. I'd like the late game to reflect just how much the leaders have to deal with. I'd like the late game to not be about spamming units and having cities run out of things to do. I'd like to see the chance to "lose" an election. (It would probably have to work the way it does in Galactic Civilizations where you lose a bonus if your party loses the election.)

I'd like to see the chance for the AI leaders to get "overthrown" and replaced by a new leader, not a new civ. This would mean AI civs (could work on human civs too) have their traits changed if they are not keeping their people happy. Imagine in Civ4 you are going against a pacifist leader and he gets overthrown by a warmongering dictator. It would cause you to completely change your strategy.

I'd like to see population work in a more historically accurate way. It is usually way too high before the industrial revolution and doesn't boom nearly as high as it should after. This is probably a gameplay issue, but there are ways around it.

I'd like to see civs economic system get closer to reality. No more 100% tax rates. No more being able to stockpile gold into infinity. To go along with that, I'd like to see realistic effects for inflation and tax policy.

I'd like to see mercenaries.

Icosagonal tiles!!!! Just joking, couldn't resist :mischief:.

Aussie.

How about realistic game speed where a year in the game actually takes a year in real life?

In all seriousness.

When you attack an enemy as usual, it opens up a huge real-time arena, with the defenders in their starting positions, and you in an attacking position. Then, you will have to manage formations, know when to pull back, etc. The enemy can also do this - for example, Hannibal will probably lure you to a choke point, and slaughter you. It would allow real time, full scale action.

Like TW battles with Civ campaigns?

I'd like to see the chance for the AI leaders to get "overthrown" and replaced by a new leader, not a new civ. This would mean AI civs (could work on human civs too) have their traits changed if they are not keeping their people happy. Imagine in Civ4 you are going against a pacifist leader and he gets overthrown by a warmongering dictator. It would cause you to completely change your strategy.

My only gripe with CiV is that there will be no Revolutions mod for a while (or never)

Top Bottom