Rome II: Total War Confirmed

I LOVED R:TW! The only one of the Total War games I actively played. Now, I hope that at least the Barbarian Invasion scenario is in it, and that you don't have to go through the BS unlocking system to unlock certain nations. Just give me all of them from the start!

But will it come anything close to being as good as the mods for the first game?

EDIT: That article is from 2007. If someone was working on it, then it would be the Australian studio which made Medieval 2. Not a good sign unless they magically improved.

I can't run it anyway, I can't even run M2TW except on low details

But will it come anything close to being as good as the mods for the first game?

EDIT: That article is from 2007. If someone was working on it, then it would be the Australian studio which made Medieval 2. Not a good sign unless they magically improved.

True, but after all, they started working on Empire:Total war right after barbarian invasion (secretly).

Medieval II is outstanding when properly modded/patched.

Medieval 2 wasn't that bad by default. Like any total war game it had its oddities and accuracy issues (curse the inquisitors that kept killing my low piety generals that were 1 turn away from going on a crusade to raise their piety after the pope told me to crusade.)
If there is a Rome2, woohoo!

Medieval II is almost my favorite! (Rome beats it by a little). It's a great game. What was wrong with the Australian company?

I feel Rome is better than Medieval 2 as while Rome was innovative with the 3d battles, Medieval2 simply applied window dressing. (yes, I know there is numerous under the hood changes and the battle engine is completly new)

Medieval II is almost my favorite! (Rome beats it by a little). It's a great game. What was wrong with the Australian company?

They created Stormrise, which is an awful, awful RTS game. Also, it was The Creative Assembly in Britain which created Rome the first time, and that team has had much more experience with the series yet still has improved little upon its past issues, I doubt the Australian team will do a better job and certainly will be nowhere near as good as any of the decent mods, little alone Europa Barbarorum or Rome Total Realism.

Although a major factor in the brokenness of Empire upon release was SEGA's forced release date, thankfully it is mostly fixed now but a number of bugs still remain that CA is well aware of. Course, SEGA told them to get right onto making Napoleon Total War to be released only a year later. And I do think CA Britain is getting better, they just need to be allowed to show it upon release better.

The Australian studio no longer does the PC Total War games, or so a member of CA told me.

I'd quote but I seem to have deleted the PM.

This got my hopes up :(

Though, tbh, I'm in the position of not even being able to play Empire above medium settings, so it hardly makes a difference right now.

I agree with Kan, I would have rather seen Shogun 2.

Rome is still awesome, Shogun would be "awesomer"

:( So no time period from 1800 to the first world war?

Top Bottom