A New Hope: A Star Wars Mafia Game (Game Thread)

Here is hoping that my ship can get back up and running

Vote Thelastone36

For never having watched Star Wars.

I assumed hunters receive a daily update about bounties... but a clarification would be welcomed yeah :)

I would have thought bounty hunters operated independently as they are all in competition with each other.

BOUNTIES
Any player may anonymously put up a bounty for another player. If you wish to put up a bounty, PM me or choxorn. If the bounty is claimed, then that person will attempt to kill the player. If they succeed, they will get paid by the player who put up the bounty (anonymously). The amount of credits a bounty is worth MUST be specified when it is put up. Anyone can put up a bounty, but not everyone can claim one unless your Role PM specifically states that you can.
Doesn't say whether the bounty is made public, or only broadcast to those who can actually claim it. Still, at this point I don't really see any reason to go out of our way to keep Earthling alive. Just like Ras I can't help wonder if this is an attempt to draw out pre-town roles like defenders. The purpose may be noble for all we know, but why take such a risk?

I'm guessing the ones who have a Role PM that specifically states they can take bounties are notified when bounties come up (like Raskolnikov said?).

It seems to me someone wealthy is simply testing the bounty system and the bounty hunters' responsiveness.

Anyways, Earthling either made quick work getting people on his side (to have a bounty hunter inform Earthling about a bounty) or is possibly a bounty hunter himself. In any case, 13 credits the first day for the head of Earthling, whom I'm guessing few people have actual info about? Seems arbitrary- a test of the system.

That said, why must we protect you Earthling?

Well, I have something to bring to everyone's attention as it has come to mine, and I would like to address it while we have time; much time may have been lost already.

Somebody has placed a bounty on my life.

I am very certain this information is accurate; the bounty is for 13 credits, whatever scum is greedy enough to want to kill me or have me killed for such. Now, the first thing I would want to know is what is behind all of this, and as well I think perhaps it would be wise of me to request protection if anyone can do so or give me an item to help defend myself tonight.

I honestly cannot say there's a clear way to determine who has done this on my own. Certainly I have talked to a few but they may be just as well innocent or being framed or something more complicated. As far as I can tell, everyone could have the motive, the opportunity, and possibly the means, simply any evil/greedy/bounty hunter could be behind this and I don't know who you all are.

So I will let everyone know I intend to get to the bottom of this. And I believe it can be verified in due time that I, at least, am telling the truth - in fact, if any person out there already knows about this bounty, and is not actually aligned with cabals of evil villains and wants to show they are not a threat, I recommend talking to me or everyone in public.

It's way too early in the morning for this.

AHAHA, interesting. I'm not going to betray a concerned citizen who has already helped me greatly and perhaps saved my life. All of you having nothing to say in private is either ominous or perhaps means you really had nothing to do with this. But the bounty is out there, and now that I'm all caught up on some things, and have good reason to suspect something, I'm going to unvote Double A and

Niklas, Jabba the Hut, must die. Seems like it's worth getting rid of him even if it is the first day, we all know Jabba would turn to any lawless scum's side to satisfy his greed, even if it's not him who wants me dead, which seems likley.

How do you know this? (because till you reply, it really looks like you made this up to know about potential scanner abilities from other folks)

Do you mean protectors? That would make sense, scanners not so much unless there's something I'm missing.

Do you mean protectors? That would make sense, scanners not so much unless there's something I'm missing.

In fact the following made me think he was looking for any information about possible abilities (I said scanners, but I could have said protectors yeah). It sounded to me as a trap for reveals.

if any person out there already knows about this bounty, and is not actually aligned with cabals of evil villains and wants to show they are not a threat, I recommend talking to me or everyone in public.

If that by you mean I'm asking if anyone specifically knows about bounties then yes, if you are a bounty hunter, you probably don't want to reveal to me, sure. But if you are a bounty hunter and working against the town from the start, I can't promise things will go well for you, and would consider me an enemy.

Furthermore, I find it curious that Niklas almost immediately seemed to know about this bounty, and at the same time said I was lying. If anyone can confirm this bounty exists, which it does, then we're well on the way to some progress.

Niklas said:
Doesn't say whether the bounty is made public, or only broadcast to those who can actually claim it. Still, at this point I don't really see any reason to go out of our way to keep Earthling alive.

If that by you mean I'm asking if anyone specifically knows about bounties then yes, if you are a bounty hunter, you probably don't want to reveal to me, sure. But if you are a bounty hunter and working against the town from the start, I can't promise things will go well for you, and would consider me an enemy.

I love threatening posts with 4 "if" in two sentences... How about this one: If I were you, I would stop Earthling...

I'm asking to be replaced before I do something stupid and completely ruin the game. Have fun all.

And to everyone I've talked to thus far, and especially to Zack and choxorn, I'm sorry.

I presume you´ve talked to a lot of people and solved the game? How´s that possible on day one? Gamesetup error, IM reveal?
As far as I remember this is not the first time you managed to do this...

No, it's something entirely different.

I was going to wait with this until night had fallen, to be in my proper element. But apparently Earthling is seeing shadows in the middle of the day, so I might as well.

I, dear friends, am Jabba the Hutt. I may look grotesque to some, but I assure you, I am really quite a nice chap. Quite nice indeed. And I provide a very valuable community service too, I should point out. At a very modest price, too. Very modest.

What service, you may ask? Why, I facilitate the market around here. Flow of goods, boost of commerce, influx of revenue, free happiness for all, that sort of thing. But most importantly for our current situation: I run the auctions. Got an item to sell? I'm your man. Well, Hutt, but still.

I will make this very clear from the beginning: I don't care about your petty feuding. Killing is certainly bad for business, but sometimes inevitable. Still, I take no interest in it. I am, for all purposes, a neutral party. I don't care if you style yourself innocent or evil, such details bore me. Money talks.

I have already acquired a few useful trinkets that could be of good use to many. I will not name them until tomorrow though, when the bidding will start, for fear of thieving hands.

Also, as a neutral, allow me to offer my services to this town, for free. People will die. Items will come up for voting. Vote those items to me. I will get a description, and I will then put the item up for auctioning, with the description of what it does. I will split any revenue from auctions done this way among those who voted the item to me, with uneven splits being decided by the order the votes were cast. Full transparency, helping the innocents of this city to keep track of the items that go around.

Seems like it's worth getting rid of him even if it is the first day, we all know Jabba would turn to any lawless scum's side to satisfy his greed...
How come you know me so well? You are right though - if a lawless scum came to me with an item to sell, then I would sell it. With no second thoughts and no questions asked. Why should I care? As long as the commerce keeps flowing, I'm satisfied. I provide a useful community service, I am no law enforcement agency. If you find that a reason to have me killed, I can only wonder what reasons you have to be paranoid.

As for me putting a bounty on someone's head - you must be joking. Why would I squander money on having a potential customer killed? The only reason I could ever have for wanting someone killed is if they make it personal. You're well on your way, but I swear: If I will ever put a bounty on your head, I will do it publicly.

To any other neutral parties out there, with useful services to sell: Since I am now already a public figure, I offer to be your contact, keeping your name and face anonymous to presumptive clients. Feel free to contact me via private channels. I may even see fit to purchase some services myself, at times. We may be rivals in terms of victory condition (only one can have the most money at the end), but it's a long way until such considerations needs to be made. As such, there is no reason why we cannot be civil and work together for mutual gain.

To anyone looking to attack me: I am already protected. I can certainly be lynched to death, should anyone be so inclined, but I remind you that I provide a useful community service. Do you?

:rolleyes:As far as I can tell, credits and auctions serve about zero purpose right now, except to potentially get items to bad guys, as Jabba might want. I understand it is possible that several characters may have a purpose to gather credits and perhaps that is the only way we Innocents can bargain with them later, but surely they don't want to be outmarked by Jabba either.

However, instead of going off and trusting Jabba now, as he's already caused chaos by trying to get me killed, perhaps playing off of the last game, we have better alternatives. How about keeping the items out of the hands of a "neutral who will put them up to sale" altogether? And if only bounty hunters/evildoers in general need credits, then any real Innocent is safe just holding onto their own. Should someone have an actual ability that is helpful and needs credits I'd be willing to share; Jabba is about the worst option.

Guess this makes the vote simpler though. Anyone who needs to talk to me in private should do so as I can't really reveal who's told me what here. And there's still that bounty which I'm sure many of you DO know about and I could use some protection.

Huts are not known for their speaking abilities and all that's he's said comes to down this - he's been caught messing around with bounty hunters and generally being scum. I assure you I am the better alternative.

Top Bottom