Sandkasten

We need Aesthetics & Literature for that. And so far we don't even have a beaker invested in writing. So... we can't really count on that one for now.

It is possible though, that the AP could BUY us a lot of allies out there. For example, forced embargos on opponents, etc... We could even make deals to return captured cities to their original owners :p

I'm wondering now, what are the chances that our religion auto-spreads to our cities on the other continents? If it's too low, maybe we should try to shuck over some missionaries early as well. It may be better than wasting trees on useless obelisks. Especially if we want temples & Monasteries up early anyway for +4 hammers.

I'm also tired so I can't think too well. I'm wondering if we may have an OF bug problem when whipping our temple at 100% bonus with Org + Forge bonuses as well.

I'm wondering now, what are the chances that our religion auto-spreads to our cities on the other continents? If it's too low, maybe we should try to shuck over some missionaries early as well. It may be better than wasting trees on useless obelisks. Especially if we want temples & Monasteries up early anyway for +4 hammers.

Only things that are checked are the plotdistance of the cities and if they are connected. So water doesn't really have a role in it if we have the necessary techs to have possible TRs in the first place.

Instead of building settler right now, I think it's best to wait 2 turns, so we grow 1 more pop, while decrease 1 unhappy. Then we can work the extra mine, and whip that pop for the 30% discount on the settler.

Did I miss anything?

We either put 2 more turns into forge, or 3 turns into a warrior. Since we MAY find horses even in our BFC, I think we should just dump into the forge for now?

Another issue. If we put all our spy points on Cyrus now, would that make it more costly for him to get demographics on us? Or is it a lost cause and impossible to block without massive numbers?

I really don't know how the algorithm works.

Hmm, no input yet. So, I'll just do things my way for the time being.

Also, Snaaty mentioned before we should turn off tech at AH, and store up cash. The problem, is we havent' been able to find anyone else yet even STILL... And I'm not happy we don't know where any metal is.

On the spy points on Cyrus point: I think it's a lost cause since he got GW. He'll more than likely settle that GS when it pops, making his espionage production far superior to anything we can throw at him. If he's already put all of his spy points on us now, we can't catch him putting all of ours on him. I do not know if placing spy points against him drives up the cost of passive/aggressive espionage actions against us. I think we're better off targeting guys we can at least stay even with.

He will get 12 pts on us a turn. But if we run 3 spies we get 12 as well. Except we get an extra base of 3 beakers from each.

I am targeting him full now, and I sent a threatening letter, so lets see what they do now in the near future.

In the meantime, I will try to settle our first city to get 2 clams in the fat-cross. I'll chop workboat #1, and then finish chop/building wb #2. The second will end up going as a third scout most likely, depending on how fast our religion auto-spreads to our city. We will need an expansion to work both clams. Clams suck compared to fish, but at least it gives us that badly needed health.

I was going to originally single-whip our next settler, but now I think it's much better to double-whip it.

I'm a bit worried now what Carthage will do with their priest. They should be getting it very, very soon (haven't checked the numbers yet). If they bulb theo, that may not be so hot for us, but I really don't think they'd do that since building the AP would be such a hammer-sink to them.

When are we realistically going to be able to run 3 spies, and will we want to? The math is sound to stay even with the GS, sure, but is any city really going to be in any shape to run 3 spies, or to have three cities run one spy, etc, etc? My point is getting into an espionage war with a settled GS this early is espionage suicide. I think our limited points are better spent going up against guys with similar EP output. Hannibal for instance... I'd love to say 'screw you' to Cyrus here as well by being able to negate their EP advantage with some micro, but with our situation as is we have to pick our battles here.

The Priest I could see being used to bulb theo and to more importantly get the missionary, which would then be brokered to another civ (Cyrus...) for something. I think that's a real possibility. I don't think they'd build the AP - that has very little value in a game like this where it really can't be abused. It can be a nuisance, sure, but not abused like in a single player game.

As for the settler, I think the sooner the better is a good thing, though keep in mind we do need another worker for it and Iron Working to start clearing out the jungles. Hopefully we can trade for it, if not...

great priest should be our next great person, bulbing theo for getting some trade fodder is best in my opionion + gunning for apo, cause apo = some friends:) (sorry, dont have much time, so cant read all posts here)...

with the temples from 3 relis we can easily breed another gpriest to get our shrine up. gscientsts we will get soon enough

Well, don't we need the GE first to get the Mids? Mids is best, adds another 4 GE pts to speed up the second engineer. I also refuse to whip away the GE pop in the GE farm, I want to keep it up at all times to keep the second one coming as fast as possible.

Hopefully someone discovers currency very soon, then just maybe we can trade all our stockpiled gold for some stuff. But I don't think we can get anything from Cyrus & Carthage for Theology. All this time they refused to want metal casting from us, and despite now that I informed them we'd be willing to trade Machinery, they still are not interested??

I think I will try and chop out a third wb pretty soon, and use it to run through our cannal to see what we may bump into. It seems as though no one else is building WBs..

I think Quatronia is going to beat us to Theology -- they have all the religous prereqs and build Henge quite a while ago.

If we pop a 2nd GE, can't we bulb Machinery? We would definitely be first to that, and it would be a monopoly tech for a loooong time I would imagine.

I believe Carthage is ~7 turns ahead of us in the first GP race. However, we have a 50 pt penalty when the GE hits. On the other hand... we do accumulate twice as fast. Maybe, we could get a quick temple up, and run a second priest real fast in the capital to still get two of our great people out before Carthage gets their first?

I believe Carthage is ~7 turns ahead of us in the first GP race. However, we have a 50 pt penalty when the GE hits. On the other hand... we do accumulate twice as fast. Maybe, we could get a quick temple up, and run a second priest real fast in the capital to still get two of our great people out before Carthage gets their first?

If it doesn't kill our expansion to the mainland, I can get behind this idea.

I will try and crunch some numbers later on this evening.. just maybe we should stall the Forge and get temple next..

Some bad news, after running the priest for just 1 turn, we have 8% pollution. Also, this only puts us to pop at the same turn our capital pops. IIRC, Firaxis screwed up and didn't take OF into account for genes, so the capital will most likely pop a priest ahead, despite we'll break 100 pts in our GE city. I'll have to world builder test later to be 100% sure. So this means we need another 8% pollution, sigh.

On the other hand, Carthage built henge at 2480 BC, we got Oracle at 2200 BC, so there's a difference of 7 turns. Our 50 pts penalty on top of this shouldn't hurt us that much, because our philo means we gain 2x the amount.

There is a problem though, I was wondering why Carthage was not whipping, or revolting, and just kept growing his city up. It's very likely he built a temple in it (It's the #1 city at 7 pop), and with that, it's also quite possible they did some out-of-the-box thinking here and decided to run a priest to speed up their pop-date. I sure hope they didn't do that, but taking everything else into consideration, I fear they may have done just that.

If that's the case, then we may not have a chance, so many IFs here...

BTW, we could gamble for TWO engineers. When our capital is done with the forge, we could add some GE Pollution, small risk high reward. Thus we could still get Mids & Machinery. Problem is our fake-allies still don't want to trade with us it seems, and they are willing to nerf themselves to do it. You would THINK they'd be jumping at the opportunity for big techs, especially since we'd not be trading it to anyone else.

I don't know, this is my first pit-boss, and it seems people play very weird. Maybe Carthage are really the TEMPLARS plarying their same style again?

Alright, I tested in WB, sure enough, OF doesn't work for genes either. Stupid Firaxis bugs. So no way around it, we'll have to run the priest for another turn starting next turn.

I also made some gross miscalculations due to online penalties being normally 50 for teams. But for a one player team, each great person costs us double. So I'll have to do more crunching later.

Top Bottom