Funny Deity Marathon Huge start which everyone can win!

Vit77

Chieftain
Just started new game as Babylon, as never really tried to play it. I like to play slow games, so got Huge Map, Marathon speed, Deity difficulty.
And this is pretty funny start. Moreover the game is quite interesting and quite easy to win on any condition. Save in the attachments.

Perfect for casual players who would like to win their first Deity game ;)
I added tips below if someone needs.

Funny start.PNG

Spoiler Couple of tips to win this Deity game :

1. Pick up enemy setller,
2. Settle capital on sugar, SW from start, next to two sugars,
3. Settle second city south next to the two lake tiles,
4. Build Stonehenge, Oracle, Macchu Picchu (important! as the continent is full of mountains),
5. Beat Scotland,
6. Congratulations, you can choose what kind of victory you want to win.

Attachments

• funny start 1 4000 BC.Civ6Save
    1.5 MB · Views: 74
Perfect for casual players who would like to win their first Deity game ;)
I'm may be a casual player, but I wouldn't say I'm a Civ casual player. Last time I checked I had 1000+ hours on vanilla Civ5. And I must have the same on Civ6. Yet, I beat Deity only with early powerful civs like Rome or Scythia, and maybe once or twice with Maya. Overall if my Deity wins are more than a handful, I would be surprised.
I rage-quit more than I win in Deity, that's for sure. Only by seeing how I'm backwarded in science most of the time.

I'm may be a casual player, but I wouldn't say I'm a Civ casual player. Last time I checked I had 1000+ hours on vanilla Civ5. And I must have the same on Civ6. Yet, I beat Deity only with early powerful civs like Rome or Scythia, and maybe once or twice with Maya. Overall if my Deity wins are more than a handful, I would be surprised.
I rage-quit more than I win in Deity, that's for sure. Only by seeing how I'm backwarded in science most of the time.
I wouldnt worry about the science, you are behind there and there is nothing you can do about it bar some extraordinary luck on terrain.
Getting lots of campuses early for instance is very overrated as it doesnt really serve much of a purpose in itself, and can set you behind as you chase science yields to the detriment of expanding and generally grabbing as much space as you can.
You can be quite behind in science and be just fine defensively, because of how utterly crap the AI is at waging war (and you can cheese the AI to be unlikely to declare on you in the first place).
That buys you time to set up more cities and infrastructure, and instead catch up later.
That, or you overrun the first AI you find and then either continue on the domination path or transition peacefully from there (since you now have lots of lands and a few AI developed cities).

You can't be backwarded with Babylon, you're ahead of everyone if you follow all eurekas :D

That buys you time to set up more cities and infrastructure, and instead catch up later.
Problem is that I can be 15+ techs late by the middle game. I guess I don't focus enough on science, or at least I can take a long time to build what ? Even universities. So research labs... I managed to be first one time mid-game in Deity, but I rapidly got distanced by AIs again. And then I was all desperate. I think I quitted that one too. Generally my biggest problem is production in order to build science buildings and later spaceship parts.
That, or you overrun the first AI you find and then either continue on the domination path or transition peacefully from there (since you now have lots of lands and a few AI developed cities).
Yeah that's what I did. Especially with civs with an early UU. I should try it with Gandhi, Harald, etc.
You can't be backwarded with Babylon, you're ahead of everyone if you follow all eurekas :D
*If* you follow all eurekas. In another thread I said that I would want them to be in Civ7, but I criticized them in the same post, because often I am with a list of techs without a single eureka and don't know what to pick up to research next. And by the way I have a couple techs I usually never get the eurekas for. And there's the problem of wasted science when you research a tech the normal way and suddenly get the eureka. I guess all those are of little concern on marathon though. :)

Problem is that I can be 15+ techs late by the middle game. I guess I don't focus enough on science, or at least I can take a long time to build what ? Even universities. So research labs... I managed to be first one time mid-game in Deity, but I rapidly got distanced by AIs again. And then I was all desperate. I think I quitted that one too. Generally my biggest problem is production in order to build science buildings and later spaceship parts.

Yeah that's what I did. Especially with civs with an early UU. I should try it with Gandhi, Harald, etc.

*If* you follow all eurekas. In another thread I said that I would want them to be in Civ7, but I criticized them in the same post, because often I am with a list of techs without a single eureka and don't know what to pick up to research next. And by the way I have a couple techs I usually never get the eurekas for. And there's the problem of wasted science when you research a tech the normal way and suddenly get the eureka. I guess all those are of little concern on marathon though. :)

Try this one, you can do it with this one! :D

It's fine being 15 techs behind, if you spent your time expanding hard in terms of number of cities and associated infrastructure.
The AI tends to plateau around the middle game as they start to run out of settling space/slow down settling, and fail to improve their infrastructure sufficiently.
This is the time where your high number of cities and decent infrastructure allows you to start catching up, and eventually surpassing the AI.
Either way, it's quite hard to tell what you're doing wrong based on such general statements.

Last edited:
Top Bottom