Balance Feedback

Is it intentional that you can build Stir from Slumbar without being either the Illians or following the White Hand?

Having the frozen spawn next to me is turning out to be a death sentence. I can't defend against blizzards, which keep pushing my cities into starvation, and it doesn't seem possible to build and army big enough to kill Taranis (40+ points on defense), so there's no way to make the blizzards stop.

I'm pretty sure it should go in the balance thread and not on the bug thread :

Playing Sidar :
Ratus Denmora and Gibbon Goetia have only 2 perception : they cannot go into misted cities or adjacent tiles : those need a lvl3-4 of perception.
Maybe all sidar units sould get a +4 perception at birth as it seems strange that some of our own units cannot wander in our lands. (even stranger for Ratus who is the Ghosts of Ghosts than for Gibbon that all in all is a foreigner, that went with the Sidar only for religion :D

What about religious heroes? Perhaps you could give the a "Shade Guided" promotion instead so they can still move in their own mist?

It's because they are world units, so do not gain racials. The Shade racial has already been added to Rathus.
I thought it was something like that.
Still, can the "world unit" still get some way out of the mist ? (thinking all religious heroes)... Having some heroes that can't enter your order cities.. or maybe even not be able to leave your borders due to the mist seems strange :D
If you can't, you can't :)

speaking about lizardmen /axemen barbs and
Yeah, and it will change. Should either be strong OR fast, not both.
The lizardmen ar not strong and fast while the axen are strong and slow :
normally the lizardmen (for tier II) are middle strength and fast and the orcs axes (tier II) are strong and slow.
The Orc Axemen, can or should have bronze or iron weapons.. meaning the can/should become stronger than lizardmen.

Thus the issue is not that the axemen are weak or the lizard as strong as axes but it's the axes that are weaker than they should be : they are born without weapons. And without city they don't get any + the cities are spread andnot linked by road so even if one city get metal, the other don't.

Maybe, as for level (scout then hunter / spearman then axes) of the units, bronze/iron weapons should be randomly (%chance) given to melee barbs, at birth, depending on the % of the civs that have access to said metal weapons. (maybe additive : if 30% civ have access to iron weapons and 80% to bronze, : 30%melee units barbs get iron; if no iron : 80% chance get bronze : total: mostly 80-90%chance to get a weapon : 14% chance to have nothing.)

I've spawned about 20 games now with Elohim and they always start in desert due to their flavor start preference for the UFs that give them bonuses. All of the UFs that give them bonuses start in deserts except Remnants of Patria. This is obviously pretty awful since they get absolutely destroyed by unhealth/lack of hammers.

The alignment shift from wonders and heroes (documented on the wiki) doesn't seem to have a point to it, all the wonders and and heroes available in the game I'm playing (+24 total) don't add up to be enough to shift me from neutral to good, so the only alignment shifts are still from religion.

The alignment shift from wonders and heroes (documented on the wiki) doesn't seem to have a point to it, all the wonders and and heroes available in the game I'm playing (+24 total) don't add up to be enough to shift me from neutral to good, so the only alignment shifts are still from religion.

Yeah, it's not implemented fully yet.

On the Sidar note, is it possible to make Shaded a promotion other than a racial? If so could this be used to give all units built by the Sidar the shaded promotion, world unit or not?

Yeah, it just allows other races with it that way. Not sure if that's good or bad.

I don't know if it is AI or balance :
I encountered chalid with lvl 8-9.
I killed him at 99% (full health) with my aeron's chosen assassin, passing through 1 ratha and 1axeman.
Chalid should be 7:strength: +2sun affinity. holy shrine can give 1sun mana
Aeron chosen didn't have the nether blade, nor Orthus's axe but had combat IV so 8attack:strength:
the issues are :
1) Chalid was upgrade through law 1-2-3 ; spirit 1-2-3 and drill 1 IIRC instead of combat 1-5 (upgrades strength + spell strength) then maybe some spell sphere, not the reverse
2) as it seems chalid hadn't any sun strength the hippus didn't aim for a GP to get the holy shrine nor did they try to upgrade any node to sun (don't even have the tech IMO)
3) My assassin thought that Chalid was the easiest target even if there was an axeman here... with bronze weapons : 5:strength:

The hero protection against always defending the stack turned against him.
I'm sure a player would have rather lost the axe to my assassin and fight with chalid against the following ranger.

Last, not interested with Chalid :
I am playing Erebus World :
-many many civ capitals are not created near fresh water. (at least 3 out of 6)
-even with no barbs around (only a barb city on the right border...but still far away), the kurios have almost no improvement even on the left side of there territory., and 1 worker hidden in city
-there are very few animals left after the barbs appear :
due to the leash effect and barb culture, the animals are exterminated by the barbs, the mana guardians and the demons.
Maybe either :
-more animals should spawn later (some of the stronger animals)
-savage vs animal vs demons ougth to have a smaller chance of fighting each others.

mercurians just dont want to build workers.
they build 10-15 other buildings per city before they start with their FIRST worker.
with kurios i had to improve all 7 mercurian cities and finished improving when basium's 1st worker was out.

also in my game khazad didnt build dvarven mines.

most of the ai dont bother building improvements at all.

worker commands are malfunctioning. often workers dont build improvements that connect resources but rather build workshops on them.

bannor generally build insane amounts of units before they build their 2nd city but they only keep the units in their capital. in every single game they fall back so quickly that they lack calendar in turn 300 on normal speed.

the ai thinks that agrarianism profits growth so my basium decided to switch to agrarianism which let his capital stuck at size 10 when 20 would have been possible.

@Cala, the Axmen probably had a few combat promos. That would explain why Chalid defended the stack instead of more Axmen. You probably hit the only unpromoted Axman in the stack.

But yeah, the AI really wasted Chalid there.

My second game in a row finds me at war with a FOL civ, this time the Illians.

Again, they are doing nothing but spamming Priests of Leaves who summon Tigers. It is not uncommon to have a stack of 20+ Tigers entering my territory. I opened the WB and every one of the Illian cities (7 of them) is building a Priest of Leaves.

They are easy to deal with and last time I killed over 500 in my game. This game I should easily exceed that number.

The amazing thing is the Illians apparently beelined Iron Working/Iron Weapons and have a few Champions. If they built Champions instead of Priests of Leaves, I would be in serious trouble as I have only Bronze Weapons and Tier 2 units.

I realize the AI is being re-worked, but please do something about the Tiger Spam.

Thank you.

Having Great People whose sole purpose is to offset the malus from the new system is not "worth" having to cope with the new system.
My thought exactly. First you add those healers for addition's sake, then you notice that overall health generation exceeds possible unhealth by far and double pop unhealth, then you notice huge unhealth slows city growth to a crawl and add building health bonuses... Instead of balancing you add disruptive component and then increase the amplitude as foolish child trying not to fall from a log by wavering his hands more... The favourite Valk answer to many mine propositions is "why should i bother with making a new system when old works just fine?" Thats what you did here: you ruined an old fine-working system by unnecessary addition.

Healers gtfo and stfu. We hate you.

P.S. I urge you to stop stuffing RifE with new additions and devote a few months to sort out the mess you have already made.

P.P.S. Get over childish attachment that prevents you from scrapping your creations without hesitation. As a training i suggest you play D2LoD, find a full Tal Rasha's set and then drop it on the ground and exit game.

bad kitty !
don't you speak like that to nice modders ! ;)

the change in health was not made to compensate for the healers...
it was made to slow the early growing AND attain a more fantasy-ish world, with less megalopolis and more cities.

on the other hand, the mega health was due more to additional ressources and life mana than to healers IMO.

I like the actual developpement.
I just hope that Opera's fixes will come soon ;) and that I'll like them too :D

I realize the AI is being re-worked, but please do something about the Tiger Spam. Thank you.
Tiger spam. Heh. SPIDER SPAM!!!:mwaha:
The very story of FoL priests summoning tigers looks suspiciously cheesy and smells strongly of Heroes 4. Yes, i know, RifE is not Heroes 4, never was Heroes 4, and never be Heroes 4, but still... Everything that is required here is to rename this tiger into "astral tiger" (google "Guenhwyvar" for reference, and if you write again "i know what Guenhwyvar is" it shall not be unexpected), buff his stats with some ghostly properties and make him invariably one-turn summon duration.

And a great (imHo) idea had occured to me by context: persistent summons!
Meaning that summoner is limited in quantity of certain type entities he may simultaneously bring forth, but these are able to gain experience and when summoned again they retain it!
Would be much more realistic, considering all these elder elementals and ancient warrior spirits.

Top Bottom