Civ5 Nuclear Missile (Atomic bomb video)

It's clearly bomb, not missile. But cool, yes.

It's lame that they don't have ICBMs in this game :(

It requires and CONSUMES 1 uranium. I don't think I'll be using too many nukes!

But resource will be available after the unit's destruction. Just don't forget to use the nukes you've build :nuke:

Or do you mean a missile that can reach any target where ever on the map from the place it is stationed?
That would be an ICBM (Inter Continental Balistic Missile).

If it can't reach across most, if not all, of the world it's not really an ICBM.

They have. It's a few techs later.
Or do you mean a missile that can reach any target where ever on the map from the place it is stationed?

Yes.

That's why you'd want to play as the Russians :ar15:

But resource will be available after the unit's destruction. Just don't forget to use the nukes you've build :nuke:

Celevin said that it "CONSUMES" one uranium. Assuming he's right that means that once you've built a nuke the uranium is gone forever, unlike how resources for other units work. But it seems a little pointless to have uranium work the same way as then you could have 1 source of uranium and build as many nukes as you want, as long as you fire them and magically get that uranium back.

They have. It's a few techs later.

Well, that's pretty much what an ICBM is. :) Are they not including this in Civ5?

Even if you get the uranium back after you use nukes, you still have to rebuild them, so I doubt a civ with only one uranium would really be a nuclear threat.

Well, that's pretty much what an ICBM is. :) Are they not including this in Civ5?

No, because there seems to be no (or very small indirect) diplomatic penalties for using nukes. So they're going to be more common.

Even if you get the uranium back after you use nukes, you still have to rebuild them, so I doubt a civ with only one uranium would really be a nuclear threat.

Yes. I'd recommend them building GDR instead. It's linebreaker too, but reusable :)

Top Bottom