Do You Enjoy Civilization V

Do you enjoy the game and experience that Civilization V provides?

• Yes

Votes: 434 58.4%
  • No

Votes: 309 41.6%

• Total voters

Jharii

King
Simple straightforward question. As a game in and of itself, do you enjoy the game and the experience that Civilization 5 provides?

• Yes
  • No

This is not a debate on whether Civ5 needs fixing, what game is or is not better, or if it is unfixable. Just a simple yes or no poll.

Adding an occasional "Yes" or "No" to the thread helps keep this bumped. Thanks. :)

Yes. (10 Chars)

Yes.

I do think Civ IV was more fun in the early and mid games (and dreary in the late game), but I'm having more fun with Civ V than with most of the games I buy.

At first I was a bit disappointed with some things (still am with multiplayer as well as the ineffective AI) but I've been slowly been getting to love the game. I did in fact find myself doing the "one more turn" thing. So, that's good in my books.

Yes, but wasn't there a thread like this started in the last few days?

Yes, but it should of been named something else. For CiV its a disapointment

I enjoy the core concepts of Civ V more than I did those of Civ IV. Granted, Civ V does have its flaws, mostly involving AI, but it's a good game if you can look past that until they come out with more fixes.

Yes. More so than I did Civ4, prior to BtS.

Overall I like (especially with the economy mod http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=385224)

Glad to hear you like it. ;)

I enjoy the core concepts of Civ V more than I did those of Civ IV. Granted, Civ V does have its flaws, mostly involving AI, but it's a good game if you can look past that until they come out with more fixes.

This, pretty much. Civ5 has more potential than Civ4 ever did. People tend to forget that Civ4 did not start out as polished as it ultimately became.

Yes. Can it be made better? YES :D

This, too. :lol:

*Yes* BUT I don't enjoy it anywhere near as much as I did enjoy Civ 4 vanilla. Bugs and all.

I didn't enjoy the Civ5 games I played. Probably that's my biggest qualm with the game. I didn't have very high expectations; I fully expected it to be a bit of a "reboot", and I didn't expect it to be as enjoyable as Civ4 was (which matched my wants and preferences eerily well). But I fully expected Civ5 to be enjoyable in its own right, as a separate entity. But it isn't. And that's probably the one big surprise for me.

yes. yes. oh yes. YES! OOOH! AAHH! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssssssssssssss

Back
Top Bottom