RevolutionDCM for BTS

Eh Duneflower
Suggest you try Mamba's NextWar module in Diversica. That's what I'm using and have no problems. If you have any issues with that, report back here. Mamba is our WoC expert on RevDCM. He's done a fine job with Diversica that you can split apart into sub modules in typical WoC fashion.
Doesn't look like that's going to be any help a-tall - the actual NW scenario isn't included in Diversica. I'm talking with mamba about it now.

Is there a non-installer version available?

I somewhere have a PC-Version, but to install Windows on my Mac, and Civ IV and BtS just to get to the files... I hope there is an easier way ;-)

@Bahkauv
Best wishes running the virtual PC. Let us know how it goes on the mac. I'd be interested to hear.

Edit: the next objective is to run RevDCM on an Android smartphone ok :)
Cheers

Could you make it a WebOS version? If not I have to come back and ask stupid questions again ;-) Thank you both for answering!

It seems I found the reason for installing Windows on my Mac. Hope Steve doesn't find out...

@ Fuyu

Do you know where the training of missionaries is controlled? I've run into a problem with AI logic, if the AI is pushing a religious victory it will continue to train non state religion missionaries if it has the holy city and shrine for that religion, and then train inquisitors to purge the cities it spreads this religion to in an endless cycle. I'd also like to add some logic to make the AI train more missionaries for it's state religion if it is pushing a religious victory. Not sure where the functions are that control missionary training though.

Nice observation Phungi. You could start here. See what Fuyu says:
int CvPlayerAI::AI_neededMissionaries()
int CvPlayerAI::AI_missionaryValue()

EDIT:
void CvCityAI::AI_chooseProduction()
bool CvCityAI::AI_bestSpreadUnit()

Cheers

This is Revolution-specific so I'm not sure I get all the details right ..
Iirc when you have a state religion then all non-state religions increase the revolution counter, and there are no real benefits to counter that.
In that case, with Revoluions on there is no reason to spread non-state religions at all, unless you're running Free Religion and don't plan to change that for the rest of the game. Since the AI can't see that far ahead: Only spread state religion, and if there is none then only spread the 'best' religion. Exceptions for cultural victory and no_revolutions game option.

@Glider

Committed the changes to the SVN for 2.81. It should be ready for release, but I didn't have the time to adequately play test everything, though most changes have been playtested through a full game of LoR.

@Fuyu
I didn't fully write new missionary logic, so I didn't go into that great of detail, but I have fixed the bug I noticed with inquisitor/missionary endless cycling. It's probably a good idea to go through and add some more robust logic to missionaries to account for Revolutions, the isNonStateReligionCommerce effect, and religious victory; though I wouldn't tamp down missionary spreading too much, especially under Free Religion.

Wonderful Phungus just checked it out. Man some really big changes there and a lot of work was put into it. It will be fascinating to see how the religious victory code goes for example. There are a few changes in the code extra to what you have excellently documented:
1) changes to autoplay
2) changes to new world rules
3) AI religious victory missionary logic

The changes are so extensive Phungus it's going to take a bit of time to check through but I'll at least do a quick check. Thanks for putting in the hard miles for all of us here at Civ4-CivFanatics.

Cheers :goodjob:

OK. I got through a full game of LoR in AIAutoPlay, seems that everything is working. Like I said I haven't tested the build extensively, but feel free to package and release 2.81 when the build checks out from your testing. This build should also be save game compatible with the last official release (RevDCM 2.80).

Edit: The reason why it's save game compatible is that there weren't any major coding changes made, just a lot of tedious crap exposing all the RevDCM variables in the BUG interface. There ended up being a lot of extraneous python code I felt needed changing as I was working on that though, and I couldn't separate it into minor updates, just had to get it done as a whole shebang deal; but any changes you are seeing in AIAutoPlay and such are mostly just useless code that I cut to get rid of unused variables in the Revolution.xml file in the Config folder.

Yeah it's lovely to see all those Revolutions variables in graphical form finally. Jdog will be stoked if he ever comes back to work. I've played through an entire autoplay as well and there are no issues yet. It should really go to version 2.9 with all those changes! I'll put into the logs about Fuyu's thoughts on missionaries. There is some hope that in time we can crack some better missionary behavior and religious spread now that the inquisitor AI is coming along.
Cheers

Yeah it's lovely to see all those Revolutions variables in graphical form finally. Jdog will be stoked if he ever comes back to work. I've played through an entire autoplay as well and there are no issues yet. It should really go to version 2.9 with all those changes! I'll put into the logs about Fuyu's thoughts on missionaries. There is some hope that in time we can crack some better missionary behavior and religious spread now that the inquisitor AI is coming along.
Cheers

No, 2.80 has a serious bug in it, Limited Religions is completely broken. That's the main reason I tried to get out this update was so a 2.81 build could be released to address that. Also this build is save game compatible, there is no conceivable reason to wait to release unless you have stability concerns.

Hey guys, just wanted to stop in and say I'm excited there's still substantial work going on here even after the release -- even if it does mean more work for me merging it all in with my own dll now :p, lol.

Keep up the good work.

Chris

I have just finished writing some Multiplayer Enforcement code for LoR. What it does is reset all Revolutions, RevDCM, and BULL Actions options to default settings and lock them in a network game (Fires an event to do this onGameLoad and onGameStart). This is because if any of these options are not the same as another player's the game will go out of sync. The issue is that since it resets all these options, the settings will return to default for single player games as well, so the user will need to reset their preferences after every time they play an MP game, and also MP options for RevDCM and Revolutions will be locked (though they could be adjusted by having all players alter their RevDCM.xml and Revolutions.xml files before starting a game -- they would absolutely need to ensure they all have the same options set though, otherwise the game would go OOS).

Should I check this into the SVN, or leave it out and leave MP as it currently is, where players can go OOS with different settings, and all settings are hidden, so the players need to alter their Revolution.ini files and make them all the same before MP games? Personally I think the current way RevDCM handles it's options in MP games is unrealistic, since it hides the settings, and requires all users to go into their Revolution.ini file and ensure they all are the same. This is why I've written this code for LoR, but am wondering if it would be preferred to the current situation for RevDCM as well, which again I think is just unrealistic, but I don't play MP games.

Hi ya Phungi
I'll release 2.81 today. After that if you could add in the multiplayer that would be great upon which I will release 2.82.

@ChrisAdams
Yeah it's just that RevDCM is still so much fun it keeps on coming with the goodness.
Cheers

Top Bottom