Ingame Editor mod for Civ6?

I suppose that you ask for a direct editor, that's not a mod that can be done quickly.

But you can already do a few things with the firetuner from civ5 directly in game, and you can also use it to activate the worldbuilder to edit a saved game I think.

and you can also use it to activate the worldbuilder to edit a saved game I think.
Really? Could you explain how to do that - for that might approach the functionality of Civilization IV's World Builder.

I saw that, but that is for new, blank maps.
ho, you're right, there is a "load map" button at step 7/ that ask for a save game, I assumed it was working, but it doesn't seems to be able to find a normal saved game.

well, that would explain why this menu is still hidden...

Did you seriously just ask that one day after release? :wallbash:
Haha, well, I agree it shouldn't have its own thread this early, but it is inevitable that someone will make one so long as google doesn't turn up a result, so just consider this thread the opportunity to say that As of 10/21/2016, no, there is no in-game editor or anything similar available for civ 6.

Maybe there should be some sort of pot to 'encourage' the individual who developed previous versions of the IGE to complete one for Civ 6?

I am happy to put AU$50 in, as I find it can be a lot of fun in games to just suddenly have 10 Mech Infantry when you are about to be wiped out...

Any other takers? It is obviously a lot of work, and nothing says 'atta boy' like cold hard cash...

If you are that person, and can prove it, once you have developed said IGE, pm me...

The Firetuner WorldBuilder tab is effectively the Ingame Editor you can use it during any game not just blank maps. You can add/remove units, improvements, resources whatever.

surely the code between civ 5 and civ 6 isn't all that different, with some tweaks here and there the base code for IGE should work for Civ 6.

I'm positive there are some very smart sql/lua modders who would love to carry on the torch of that mod.

surely the code between civ 5 and civ 6 isn't all that different, with some tweaks here and there the base code for IGE should work for Civ 6.

I'm positive there are some very smart sql/lua modders who would love to carry on the torch of that mod.

Assumption is the mother of all **** ups!

It's actually quite a bit different. Piece-parts of code could be lifted from one to the other, but nearly everything requires intensive review of the code to find and make the changes to the new method and function names, even with search/seek/find tools to look through the original files for the function or method-names that need updating.

The larger problem is that what worked in Civ5 for either a UI environment or a gameplay environment even when it has identical function-names and usages does not in civ6 work in both UI environment and gameplay environment. Attempting UI code in gameplay simply causes runtime errors. Attempting gameplay code in UI environments usually seems to lock the game as soon as the human opens the UI panel or makes the in-game action that would normally open the UI panel.

Nor does the civ5 lua file-contents "include" system work in civ6. Which means that for multiple files that were copying in the contents of a toolkit file in civ5, these entire toolkit file contents would have to manually be copied into each file that needs it for civ6, or else make use of Gedemon's somewhat complex system.

And this still will arrive at an lua interface that cannot directly communicate with gameplay state, which it needs to do in order to implement certain if not most effects of an InGame Editor like DonQuiche's IGE was.

Top Bottom