Genoa Civilization DLC?

BenZL43

awkward cat
So I found this line in the Civilizations.xml but there is no other mention of Genoa in the rest of the document.
If I am not mistaken, Geneva and Genoa is a totally different place (and civilization) right?
I don't know how to open files other than XML so... maybe those who do could investigate more.

That is very neat. I would love to see Genoese Crossbowmen, bet they would be excellent. Good find.

Very interesting find, so 3 confirmed DLC thus far include...

Spain (Isabella)
Poland (Jadwiga)
Genoa (???)

...as well as the possibility of Persia, too.

Very Nice, I like the idea of Genoa as a Civ. In it's day it was quite the powerhouse with colonies all over the place.

Spain (Isabella)
Poland (Jadwiga)
Genoa (???)

Didn't a Russian guy find something about Persia in the game files?
Why would anyone buy an Isabella Spain, when there is already a Philip Spain? You sure about this?
It was on the leader-bingo. Actually it was Isabella of Portugal, but we assume it's Spain, it makes more sense.

And why? Because of variety? It's nice to have multiple leaders.

Yes, that's why I mentioned them - it was never really 'confirmed', however.

Now that the game is released and everybody can access the files, maybe one of us can trace and find proofs whether that Russian guy was saying the truth.

Now that the game is released and everybody can access the files, maybe one of us can trace and find proofs whether that Russian guy was saying the truth.

It's more likely he just saw references to Persia in the Civilopedia entries for Greece, Scythia... (Though I still believe they will be returning as DLC.)

It's more likely he just saw references to Persia in the Civilopedia entries for Greece, Scythia... (Though I still believe they will be returning as DLC.)

iirc he mentioned that he found Persia when he was looking at the data, so I think it's not from Civilopedia.
That's also how he discovered Gorgo's ability 1 day before Firaxis officially announced her.

On the other hand, Firaxis tend to release DLC tied to scenario, such as Inca-Spain that cames with New World conquest (whatever it's named) scenario or Korea with Japan-Korea-China-Manchuria war scenario. What kind of scenario that will have all Persia, Genoa, Poland and Spain?

On the other hand, Firaxis tend to release DLC tied to scenario, such as Inca-Spain that cames with New World conquest (whatever it's named) scenario or Korea with Japan-Korea-China-Manchuria war scenario. What kind of scenario that will have all Persia, Genoa, Poland and Spain?

It is extremely unlikely they will all be in the same DLC pack, it is more probable they will release separately over the next few months, along with some tied-in map packs/wonder packs.

Spain (Isabella)
Poland (Jadwiga)
Genoa (???)

Being Genoese I am happy and proud that the Republic of Genoa will be a Civ in the future! As for the Leader I think 99% of the chances go to Andrea Doria a great Admiral that created an important dynasty of Merchants.

Why would anyone buy an Isabella Spain, when there is already a Philip Spain? You sure about this?

Each leader has a different ability and different agendas & attributes (when AI)

See Gorgo and Pericles for Greece.

Now, not to spoil the party, but that file lists all the city states. It's just listing Genoa as a city state from what I can tell, though the order is a bit odd.

If it was listed as a city-state, why is it tagged with "Civilization" alongside other civs we know to be in the game? The screenshot doesn't show any citystates as far as I can tell (though I haven't digged around in the XML).

Proof? That's your assumption. Genoa is listed alphabetically along with the rest of the major civ and the other City States are seperated second also alphabetically but seperate.

Going by this, it seems Genoa is listed as a major civ.

Top Bottom