Resource icon

Quick UI [Civilization 6]

- Leader screens are godawful slow. I usually spam ESC when they come up often missing the requests. I looked through how to make it faster, but it appears most of this functionality is coming straight from the game DLL's (stuff we do not have easy access to)..

You have got to be kidding me. Why would they possibly lock that away? I've played three games and I'm already sick of the excruciatingly slow fade in/out of the leader screens. Nobody in Frankenstein or at Firaxis thought this would get annoying, really?

You have got to be kidding me. Why would they possibly lock that away? I've played three games and I'm already sick of the excruciatingly slow fade in/out of the leader screens. Nobody in Frankenstein or at Firaxis thought this would get annoying, really?

I did notice some new things related to the diplomacy screen, perhaps related to fade times. When I tried on Saturday I only had success to make the background black or remove the leader from the diplo screen. but the menu fade times were still dreadfully slow.

Going to have to take another attempt at it to dig further. Maybe that conclusion is premature, thought in Civ5 it appeared impossible to filter dialog (for example sometimes the AI talks to you uselessly, pausing the entire game to pop up the diplo screen). I wanted to remove this in Civ5 but had no success as it was triggered in the DLL files.

grr, didnt realise you cant load games if you disable mods, i didnt liek teh fact teh purchase production button is gone, and several times, the production button become unlclickable.

The "wake" command for units to wake up when an enemy nearby is missing! Can that be added in this mod? Great work thanks a lot for this ui mod.

Not ideal, but you can reduce Leader Quality in the options menu. Then it completely skips the animation-sequence and just gives you an image of the leader and the message.

That does of course get rid of all the other animations, and leader speeches as well.

Not ideal, but you can reduce Leader Quality in the options menu. Then it completely skips the animation-sequence and just gives you an image of the leader and the message.

That does of course get rid of all the other animations, and leader speeches as well.

Hey this is great thanks. Setting it to 0 removes the double leader screen popup. You still have slow sliding menus, but that maybe fixable in the lua.

I just cant figure out how to install this.

I don't have git so I did the other one. This is what I did:

1) Download ZIP
2) Made "QUI" folder in DLC folder of Civ 6 (for me, it's G: (an SSD), Steam/SteamApps/Common/Civ6/DLC
3) I've tried it three ways, putting the following in the QUI folder I just made :
A) Putting the whole file in, Civ6qui,1.0.0.26
B) Putting all the contents of the Civ6qui file in, GUI, quimod.info and Read
C) Putting just the GUI folder in

I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Sorry for the bother, but I'd enjoy using this.

Thanks!

1) Download ZIP
2) Made "QUI" folder in DLC folder of Civ 6 (for me, it's G: (an SSD), Steam/SteamApps/Common/Civ6/DLC
3) I've tried it three ways, putting the following in the QUI folder I just made :

Thanks!

Can you make some screenshots of the folder structure you have. Also the file permissions for Civ6 and the files you unzipped match?

If anyone wants to play with DiplomacyActionView.lua, I believe it might be responsible for the slow fade times.

function SelectPlayer(playerID, mode, refresh, allowDeadPlayer)
if (mode == nil) then
mode = ms_currentViewMode;
end
if (refresh == nil) then
refresh = false;
end

if (allowDeadPlayer == nil) then
allowDeadPlayer = false;
end

local isDifferentPlayer = false;
if (ms_SelectedPlayerID ~= playerID or mode ~= ms_currentViewMode or refresh == true) then

isDifferentPlayer = true;

-- Deselect them in the ribbon
if (ms_SelectedPlayerID ~= -1) then
local ribbonEntry = ms_LeaderIDToRibbonEntry[ms_SelectedPlayerID];
if (ribbonEntry ~= nil) then
ribbonEntry.SelectedBackground:SetHide( true );
end
end

if (m_firstOpened == false) then
if (ms_SelectedPlayerID == playerID) then
isDifferentPlayer = false;
end
end
ms_SelectedPlayerID = playerID;

UpdateSelectedPlayer(allowDeadPlayer); -- Make sure it is valid

if (ms_SelectedPlayerID ~= -1) then
local ribbonEntry = ms_LeaderIDToRibbonEntry[ms_SelectedPlayerID];
if (ribbonEntry ~= nil) then -- can select a dead player, so check for nil
ribbonEntry.SelectedBackground:SetHide( false );
end

if(ms_SelectedPlayerID ~= ms_LocalPlayerID) then
PopulatePlayerPanelHeader(ms_PlayerPanel, ms_SelectedPlayer);
PopulatePlayerPanel(ms_PlayerPanel, ms_SelectedPlayer);
end
Controls.LeaderAnchor:SetHide(false);

-- If we are switching from one mode into another, show and hide the appropriate controls/ set the appropriate data
if (ms_currentViewMode ~= mode or refresh) then
if (mode == CONVERSATION_MODE) then
SetConversationMode(ms_SelectedPlayer);
elseif (mode == CINEMA_MODE) then
-- If we are switching into CINEMA_MODE.. we have to wait to update our displays until AFTER the fade-down.
-- FadeTimeAnim has an end callback registered to function "ToggleCinemaMode"
if (ContextPtr:IsHidden()) then
-- Unless the context is hidden, in which case we will go directly into cinema mode when the context is showm
m_cinemaMode = true;
else
StartFadeOut();
end
elseif (mode == OVERVIEW_MODE) then
Controls.ConversationContainer:SetHide(true);
Controls.OverviewContainer:SetHide(false);
Controls.VoiceoverTextContainer:SetHide(true);
if (not m_firstOpened) then
Controls.AlphaIn:SetSpeed(3);
Controls.SlideIn:SetSpeed(3);
Controls.AlphaIn:SetPauseTime(0);
Controls.SlideIn:SetPauseTime(0);
Controls.SlideIn:SetBeginVal(-20,0);
end
Controls.AlphaIn:SetToBeginning();
Controls.SlideIn:SetToBeginning();
Controls.AlphaIn:play();
Controls.SlideIn:play();
UI.PlaySound("UI_Diplomacy_Open_Long");
end
ms_currentViewMode = mode;
end
ShowLeader(ms_SelectedPlayer);
end
end
if (isDifferentPlayer and ms_SelectedPlayerID ~= ms_LocalPlayerID) then
LuaEvents.DiploScene_LeaderSelect(playerID);
end
m_firstOpened = false;
local w,h = UIManager:GetScreenSizeVal();
-- Set up special display if the player is YOU
if(ms_SelectedPlayerID == ms_LocalPlayerID) then
Controls.NameFade:SetHide(false);
local playerConfig = PlayerConfigurations[ms_LocalPlayerID];
if (playerConfig ~= nil) then
-- Set the leader name
Controls.NameFade:SetToBeginning();
Controls.NameFade:play();
Controls.NameSlide:SetToBeginning();
Controls.NameSlide:play();
local leaderDesc = playerConfig:GetLeaderName();
Controls.PlayerNameText:LocalizeAndSetText( Locale.ToUpper( Locale.Lookup(leaderDesc)));
Controls.CivNameText:LocalizeAndSetText( Locale.ToUpper( Locale.Lookup(playerConfig:GetCivilizationDescription())));
SetUniqueCivLeaderData();
end
Controls.PlayerContainer:SetHide(true);

--Controls.LeaderAnchor:SetOffsetX(w - (w/2.5));
UI.SetLeaderPosition(Controls.LeaderAnchor:GetScreenOffset());
LuaEvents.DiploScene_CinemaSequence(ms_SelectedPlayerID);
else
Controls.NameFade:SetHide(true);
Controls.PlayerContainer:SetHide(false);
Controls.LeaderAnchor:SetOffsetX(w - (w/3.5));
UI.SetLeaderPosition(Controls.LeaderAnchor:GetScreenOffset());
end
end

Programmer question. When you checked the CIV6 assets into GIT, did you check them in unmodified first and then apply your changes as a separate checkin? IOW, can I go into GIT and use the history to see what you changed easily or do I need to copy the files locally and diff against the CIV6 assets directory myself?

Programmer question. When you checked the CIV6 assets into GIT, did you check them in unmodified first and then apply your changes as a separate checkin? IOW, can I go into GIT and use the history to see what you changed easily or do I need to copy the files locally and diff against the CIV6 assets directory myself?

Its clean. Every checked in file is its own commit, the file version being from version 1.0.0.26 of Civ6.

Every change to that file a separate commit.

Not sure if the following fits this mod principles but here goes;

-- The "World Rankings" list(s) and specifically the Score Victory section...
-- When checking the Score-Details, we receive big tall panels (for each Civs) where their six stats (Civics, Empire, Great People, Religion, Technology & Wonders) are all stacked (underneath the total) to the right margin in (very!) small text strings plus values...
-- This actually expands the scrolling area quite large when you have more than three civs active...
-- Resulting in big empty space to the left below mini Civs Icons.

I would prefer if each of these boxes gave such details in some visual summary. Overlaying custom buttons (similar to those on World Tracker top bar or even Civilopedia row) with the values (white font+shadow effect) only. Width could still even host the category names on a single row above or below these six Bubble/Icons. I could have made you a quick Mock-Up of the GFX structure.. but i think you get the idea.

I understand also that this kind of stuff would possibly involve creating new custom LUA/XML frameworks to replace vanilla code.. but it could show us that MANY more swift Info lines in the default HUD area -- say.. probably, at least 7/10 individual Civ details all at once. Drilling through such horizontal lists should be much easier when trying to find (and compare) who's leading the Tech-race (all others neatly aligned in unique columns -- indirectly) for example.

Interested by this suggestion, please? ;)

Last edited:

1) Download ZIP

Thanks!

Its exactly as described...

How to use
Find your DLC folder, usually on Windows it is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\DLC

Make a new directory called "qui"

...download and extract the archive.

So you will end up with

/DLC/qui/UI +quimod +readme

Then when you start a NEW game you will see the mod listed under MODS IN USE on the game menu.

Its clean. Every checked in file is its own commit, the file version being from version 1.0.0.26 of Civ6.
Cool. That makes it possible to learn from them.
Every change to that file a separate commit.
That isn't always a good thing. If you end up with a bug fix that requires changes to multiple files, better those (isolated) fixes are in a single checkin. (But this isn't really the place to debate source control.)

Cool. That makes it possible to learn from them.

That isn't always a good thing. If you end up with a bug fix that requires changes to multiple files, better those (isolated) fixes are in a single checkin. (But this isn't really the place to debate source control.)

Well every fix/feature is listed under 1 commit and it can change multiple files. I mean that every added base file from the game is checked in individually.

Also its tracked by version. Currently 1.0.0.26 is the civ6 version. When that changes to say 1.0.0.27, the mod will branch to rebase against civ6 then all future changes will only be committed to 1.0.0.27 branch.

This way you can time travel back and have the mod work across different versions. If for some reason you want to experience an older version again.

Small bug: In the top panel, the tooltip for the added luxury resources still reads "Strategic resource". This can be corrected by replacing line 304 in TopPanel.lua with the following lines:

if (resource.ResourceClassType ~= "RESOURCECLASS_LUXURY") then
instance.ResourceText:SetToolTipString(Locale.Lookup(resource.Name).."[NEWLINE]"..Locale.Lookup("LOC_TOOLTIP_STRATEGIC_RESOURCE"));​
else
instance.ResourceText:SetToolTipString(Locale.Lookup(resource.Name).."[NEWLINE]"..Locale.Lookup("LOC_TOOLTIP_LUXURY_RESOURCE"));​
end​

You should link up with the guy doing this city screen tooltip mod: http://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/divine-yuris-custom-city-panel.601696/

If you can drop the code to add like lockstep did above your post, I would gladly add it.

Some of my biggest annoyances after playing more are:

#1 Have to go into citizen management screen VERY often when at 3+ cities to micromanage the hammers.
#2 Choosing construction for 20+ cities gets tedious.
#3 Cannot tell which city has monument,granary,watermill,sewer,library,uni,academy,etc built without going into it.
#4 Cannot tell which city has which district.
#5 Cannot tell which art museum has which Great works in it.
#6 Cannot tell how much overflow science,culture,hammers,food.
#7 Forming Corps + Armies at 20+ cities gets super tedious.
#8 Civic tree and science tree do not immediately show: Envoys Gained, Farm/Mine/Quarry/Pasture+1 food/hammer, Form Corps/Army, Embark, Harvest.
#9 Leader screens super slow fade.
#10 Banner indicators and panels don't refresh when changing citizens and require end turn to refresh.

These are the changes I am going to focus on, in no particular order.

Small bug: In the top panel, the tooltip for the added luxury resources still reads "Strategic resource". This can be corrected by replacing line 304 in TopPanel.lua with the following lines:

if (resource.ResourceClassType ~= "RESOURCECLASS_LUXURY") then
instance.ResourceText:SetToolTipString(Locale.Lookup(resource.Name).."[NEWLINE]"..Locale.Lookup("LOC_TOOLTIP_STRATEGIC_RESOURCE"));​
else
instance.ResourceText:SetToolTipString(Locale.Lookup(resource.Name).."[NEWLINE]"..Locale.Lookup("LOC_TOOLTIP_LUXURY_RESOURCE"));​
end​

Thanks. Added and pushed.

is there any way to disable the lux and strat resources? Ive got so many now, they are overwriting all the ui to the right i can no longer see what turn im on, or the year.

Top Bottom