Can we disable auto cycle?

Larsenex

King
Just wondering if this is an option or we are stuck with the auto cycle until someone puts it back in?

Personally I prefer it when i could hit 'tab' to cycle to the next unit that needed orders.

Go to mydocuments/mygames/civ6/useroptions.txt it's about line 59: "Does the selection auto cycle to the next available unit? (0 = no, 1 = yes) AutoUnitCycle 1 (set to o)" (simply ctrl F "cycle" and change to 0 from 1.
Got it from Groff from the initial thoughts - thread.

I'll try it with autocycle turned on first and if it gets on my nerves I'll try this...

During the stream it sounded like this will be added as part of the UI soon, but until then, I'm pretty sure Groff's suggestion works.

That's good news that there is a way to turn if off now, and not wait for the patch. Thanks for the info.

Good to know. Ed did say in the MP stream that Auto Cycle can not be turned off. The only suggestion he made was turning off combat and movement animations. So basically I have to turn off two features that I like just to make another "feature" more tolerable rather than just being allowed to disable that feature?!?

It really didn't sound like they have any plans to change it either because he was asked about city renaming at the same time and he did say that one is in the works and coming soon, implying that Auto-cycle disable is not.

What the heck, why not just put it in the options menu if the functionality is already implemented :run:

This should be defaulted to off, for pete's sake.

Last edited:
Weird. My AutoUnitCycle is already 0, but the game does auto unit cycle for me.

I think so many people new to the franchise will rage uninstall because of this default. Unbelievable design

What the heck, why not just put it in the options menu if the functionality is already implemented :run:
It has some issues.
When it's your turn it doesn't automatically go to the first unit that's ready, but you need to manually click on 'unit needs orders'.
It's quite annoying as you need to pay attention to see when it's your turn. More than once I was waiting until it was my turn, only to see it was for a while.

To make this feature fully functional a few additional things are needed, imho.
First, when it's your turn some kind of notice (a sound, jump to the first ready unit, something else), secondly a hotkey/button to go to the next idle unit (in Civ 5 it 'W').

It has some issues.
When it's your turn it doesn't automatically go to the first unit that's ready, but you need to manually click on 'unit needs orders'.
It's quite annoying as you need to pay attention to see when it's your turn. More than once I was waiting until it was my turn, only to see it was for a while.
I did this a bunch at first too, you can click the bar above the end turn button instead, or the little circles that appear to the left of it in order to be taken to the next available task instead of ending turns. Once clicking those does nothing, then hit the end turn button.

Top Bottom