I am a complete newbie so I apologize beforehand if my questions are stupid. I can't understand how exactly improvements work. According to the ingame wiki a hex with marble should give me one culture and I need to work it via a mine to get the bonus. However I get the culture even without the mine as long as I have a citizen working there, So the only purpose of a mine on such a resource is to get the amenity. Am I correct about that? IHowever I get bonus food if I build improvement on let's say wheat. And I wonder why these two hexes work in a different way. Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me that the bonus resources are added to the natural yields of each hex anyways and I get confused when do I get any extra resourse if I build improvement and when - not.

Are the amenities from entertainment districts global or local?

Is there a demographics screen somewhere I'm missing?

I am a complete newbie so I apologize beforehand if my questions are stupid. I can't understand how exactly improvements work. According to the ingame wiki a hex with marble should give me one culture and I need to work it via a mine to get the bonus. However I get the culture even without the mine as long as I have a citizen working there, So the only purpose of a mine on such a resource is to get the amenity. Am I correct about that? IHowever I get bonus food if I build improvement on let's say wheat. And I wonder why these two hexes work in a different way. Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me that the bonus resources are added to the natural yields of each hex anyways and I get confused when do I get any extra resourse if I build improvement and when - not.
Improving the marble should increase its production (or gold) I think.

Obviously the tiles with resources have natural bonuses anyways no mater whether you build something there or not. However I don't get the principle by which some improvements give me the extra resource besides the natural yield of a hex (wheat) and some don't(marble)

Probably a stupid question revealing my deteriorating eyesight. I've got some units that have earned Promotions, but I'm not seeing any button that brings up the list of available promotions that may be selected. This is irritating because the Civilopedia states that until a Promotion is selected, the unit will stop accruing XP.

I built a holy site and got a great prophet and religion, then made no effort to spread my religion and my cities were taken over by another religion. At that point I was unable to create missionaries for a belated attempt to restore my religion, so does that mean that it was effectively defunct? Ignore your own religion and it will cease to exist, is that it?

A couple of quick questions:

- I can't find the Hall of Fame. Is it gone?!
- I can't customize the names of civs and leaders (ie. my civ, and me). Am I missing something?
- I can't seem to change the names of my citites. Again, am I missing something?

Obviously the tiles with resources have natural bonuses anyways no mater whether you build something there or not. However I don't get the principle by which some improvements give me the extra resource besides the natural yield of a hex (wheat) and some don't(marble)
It does change the yield of the tile.

I'll show you a screen from my current game.

Spoiler Marble :

So in this you can see a base grassland hill gives 2 food 1 production. Marble as a bonus resource gives you 1 culture on the tile so its now 2 food 1 production and 1 culture. The quarry improvement gives a +1 production so the end result is as you see it in the screen shot 2 food 2 production 1 culture as well as giving you access to 4 more amenities to use.

I built a holy site and got a great prophet and religion, then made no effort to spread my religion and my cities were taken over by another religion. At that point I was unable to create missionaries for a belated attempt to restore my religion, so does that mean that it was effectively defunct? Ignore your own religion and it will cease to exist, is that it?
Yes. Once its gone from the map its gone. Without a city to recruit missionaries etc or exert religious pressure there is no way for it to exist or spread from right?

I found the tutorial to be pretty crap. It explained the basic stuff I already knew, not the stuff new in 6. Is there any other tutorial I can read/watch which explains only those features new to 6?

Probably a stupid question revealing my deteriorating eyesight. I've got some units that have earned Promotions, but I'm not seeing any button that brings up the list of available promotions that may be selected. This is irritating because the Civilopedia states that until a Promotion is selected, the unit will stop accruing XP.
Its a button in the units orders bar, tink its shaped like a rectangle or something. hover the mouse and you will find,

My question is about preventing another Civ's religion victory.

Without a religion of my own, I feel powerless to prevent another Civ from winning a religious victory. In my current game, I was late to the party for religion and didn't get a great prophet, and therefore no religion of my own. India has converted 4 civs, including mine, to Hinduism. What can really be done to stop them from converting the other 2 civs and winning a religious victory? Obviously declaring war and wiping them off the map is an option, but I'm not focused on military and they're located on the other side of the planet. I could never fund/execute a large enough war to stop them, not to mention every other civ would turn against me due to the warmonger penalty.

On a side note, why would I ever want to help spread another Civ's religion when my cities have been converted?!? I now have the option to purchase disciples with faith to further help India cruise to victory.... great. Is there really a scenario where this is useful? I suppose if the religion was a minority and you are trying to maintain a religious stalemate between 2 opposing civs this might be helpful, but seems like a waste of resources to basically be helping other civs get ahead.

Am I just totally missing something with religion here?

Cyclopedia says "religions units can heal if they are on or adjacent to a holy site in a city that follows their religion". I am finding this is not the case - I am sitting on the holy site of a city state that follows my religion but my apostles are not healing.. is this a bug or intended?

hi
sorry but now it's impossible to personalize the leader name or own civilization? thanks

RELIGION QUESTION.
Situation:
- my neighbour is a founder of religion Islam, and spread out his religion also to my cities
- i got GP later, so I can set up my own religion... but I see there option to have not only "my religion" but I could choose foreign reglion
(I didnt try choose foreign religion, so I dont know if I am able to to it...)
- my neighbor will be conquest by me soon :)

Possible steps:
- choose my own/new religion and starting spread it to all my cities, later I will conquest that neighbor and I will spread there my religion too. But I will need a lot of missionaries!
- choose that different religion, my neigbour's religion, so I will not be a FOUNDER !. Use it as my religion, cos I will later conquer him and his holy city too.

Questions:
- can I use by GP not only make own religion but set up another, already existing religion as my religion too ? (i will not be founder ok... no prob)
- if i can do this, after I conquest founder civs, all his cities will I be founder of that foreign religion ?

- what I lost if I am not founder of religion but founder CIV is dead?

Have I sabotaged myself by coming to discover late game resources are under my districts that I built 2000 years ago?

Cyclopedia says "religions units can heal if they are on or adjacent to a holy site in a city that follows their religion". I am finding this is not the case - I am sitting on the holy site of a city state that follows my religion but my apostles are not healing.. is this a bug or intended?

I see you've also started a thread in Bug Reports about this. That is the place for reports like yours. Thanks. :goodjob:

Have I sabotaged myself by coming to discover late game resources are under my districts that I built 2000 years ago?

No, to address that circumstance, you will see that the district has automatically connected that resource for you, so it is usable to build units that require that resource or, if you have excess copies of that resource, to trade that resource. You don't get the tile yield from any resource sitting under a district (you never get tile yields from district tiles), but the resource is automatically yours.

I should note two things:

1. This also applies to wonders that you build on a tile that is later revealed to have a resource on it.

2. This only applies to resources that are not yet revealed when you are building your district or wonder. If you can already see the resource (like horses at the start of the game), you cannot build a district or wonder on that tile (and you can't harvest or bulldoze that tile to remove the resource).

Top Bottom