Expanding Civ3: a Theov Mod

Update 16-Aug-2016:
I tweaked a few things.
The scout can now found colonies (to get the goodies) and they ignore movement cost of vegetation. They are still hindered by hills and mountains though.

- Irrigation is now available with Pottery
- Mining is available with Bronze working
- Animal Domestication is in front of the Wheel

Ideas and suggestions are still welcome.

Great. I'm happy that there is somebody who is still modding Civ3. Continue with good work!

Theov,

Could you please help me. I have Civ3 on Steam and cannot for the life of me, get any mod to work. I thought I followed the directions correctly but when I load the game it stops at 31% with a load error ( something about text missing, I imagine you know what I'm talking about ). What am I doing wrong? This happens in some form with every mod I attempt to play.

Long Live Civ3! ---James

Well, I tried again and it worked. Never had a problem before Steam. I tried to buy it and avoid Steam so I bought it from gamestop and after you buy the game they inform you that you are now also a Steam user...

Thank You for the quick response!

Thank You too! Appreciate the help and I used your screenshot even though it made me feel slightly old and ******ed but it worked!

Hello Theov, a small error report: Camel Cavalry has an old (?) name on one of it's FLC files. Attack.FLC is the existing file, not Attack A.FLC (or something of that sort)
I'm playing older version of your mod, maybe you have already fixed it!

Amazing mod you have made! Thanks a lot.
-Tols

Hello Theov, a small error report: Camel Cavalry has an old (?) name on one of it's FLC files. Attack.FLC is the existing file, not Attack A.FLC (or something of that sort)
I'm playing older version of your mod, maybe you have already fixed it!

Amazing mod you have made! Thanks a lot.
-Tols
ATTACK1=Attack.flc is in the entry and the file is called "Attack" so it was fixed somehwere in a newer version.

I just started it up and it works in my game - so it should be good.

You know how to fix the problem? Just go to the folder and in Art - Units you can change the entry in the .ini file or you change the name of the file corresponding with it.

Appreciated - glad you like it.

27 JULY 2017 Major Update!
(I tried to keep track of them all)

We have hired a new Domestic Advisor! :thumbsup::love: (made by frenchman)

Leaderheads
I wanted to change some leaders that we meet - so I searched for nice Leaderheads to replace some old ones.
Russia: now lead by Peter the Great (made by ShiroKobbure)
France: is now under the great leadership of Napoleon (made by ShiroKobbure).
India: now under the ruling of Ashoka (made by ShiroKobbure)
Japan: now lead by Meiji. (made by ShiroKobbure)
China: I replaced Mao Zedong by Li Shi Min - created by Firaxis for the Chinese market.
Germany: to balance the evil, I replaced Bismark by Chancellor Hitler. (made by Jorde)

Peter the Great:

Napoleon Bonaparte:

Emperor Ashoka:

Emperor Meiji:

Adolf Hitler:

Civilization Substitutions
The Sumerians were replaced by the Austrians in the first edition of this mod.
The Celts are now the Taiwanese with Chiang Kai-shek as their leader (made by CivArmy) - new unique unit <- I'll have to admit this is a personal thing ;) .
The Hittites are now the Sioux with Chief Rain-in-the-face as leader (made by Rob (R8XFT) - new unique unit.

Rain-in-the-face:

The Celtic Warrior is now available by building the Maiden Castle (new Great Wonder).
The 3-man-chariot is now available to everyone!

Didn't you think the "Magellan's Expedition" Wonder graphics were horrible??
They have been replaced by something more respectable.

And many diplomacy conversations as requested by you. :D

Last edited:
thanks!
Which did you get? I mean, from which date?
I never had an error message, so if you get one please let me know.
The one uploaded yesterday has some tweaks (Elephant Cavalry upgrades now, Libertarianism has better spies, so you can do something with all your money).

I got latest 13 Aug. The changes are great and make the game more interesting, but also much harder than unmodded :)
I need more time to get used to it.
Is it normal to start on standard map with 15 rivals?

I got latest 13 Aug. The changes are great and make the game more interesting, but also much harder than unmodded :)
I need more time to get used to it.
Is it normal to start on standard map with 15 rivals?
Thanks!
You think it's harder?
It could be a bit harder because the barbarians are tougher and the AI makes pirate ships. This makes exploration/expansion harder.
Also, you can't trade maps - so you have to find out the world yourself.
Some luxuries come with techs, so you'll have a few less early in the game, which can make the game a bit harder.

Getting slaves should make the game easier though - and there should be more bonus resources (stone, silver, sheep, seals, shellfish, crocodiles)

On a standard map, 15 rivals is quite a lot - but if you do it right, you might catch some cities which will help your development.

Last edited:
Log of some changes for next edition (if I get to it):
- made the military academy not require a victorious army
- Feudalism has now Communal corruption and 150% workers
- Jungle becomes forest with pollution
- Desert becomes grassland with pollution

Theov, have you ever used Quintillus editor on this? I should download your updated version as well.

Top Bottom