HOF III Update: The Record Has Fallen

superslug

Still hatin' on Khan
Hall of Fame Staff
The Civilization III Hall of Fame has been updated. Only 1 game was accepted since the previous update, but it's a big one.

Congratulations to Drazek for the highest Firaxis score ever with a Huge Sid Histographic game for 93449 points. This entry now becomes the highest scoring individual game in the history of the Civilization III Hall of Fame, a record Drazek previously already held.

Whoa! That is a big one. I'm amazed by the number of top-scoring games lately - I think we've had 3 over the past year that had a higher score than Moonsinger's game, which had stood the test of time as the top-scoring game for many years.

Okay, so checked, the other two were in 2012. I must've missed them the first time around and seen them more recently. But still, Moonsinger's game was the top one for over five and a half years, and in the past less-than-five years there have been three that have topped it, two by Drazek and one by Spoonwood. Impressive, and I'll be taking a look at the writeup if there is one to come.

Amazing. Well done on such a fantastic result, Drazek.

'Slug, I remember when you posted an April fool about a game that was going to net you 100,000 points many years ago. Well maybe that target will one day be realised. It's great that you kept HOF III running BTW. :thumbsup:

Good to see you Tone. Thanks for running the joint yourself for a few years!

I always suspected 100k was remotely possible. It's actually kind of cool to see people getting so close.

I've studied some of Drazek's saves. The industrial age in 70 AD or so make for an impressive tech pace! Using 2 one turn worker pumps also seems like an idea worth trying. Though, I have to wonder if he would have done better if he had used the capital as a third worker pump, and set up the worker pump city in the south so that it didn't use the deer square and given that to another city. But in the end that map is very impressive though, especially with how the AIs disappear almost instanteously. And Theory of Evolution got built by the Greeks in 470 AD or so? I have to wonder if Replaceable Parts got learned in the 400s.

Top Bottom