July 2023 HOF III Update

superslug

Still hatin' on Khan
Hall of Fame Staff
The Civilization III Hall of Fame has been updated. 10 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to EMan for the highest Firaxis score of the update with a Huge Emperor Histographic game for 57850 points.

CKS was the most active player during this update, submitting 5 games.

Only 2 players were brave enough to take on Sid this update. CKS submitted a 1864 AD Small Sid Cultural 20k game for 4498 points and a 1886 AD Small Sid Cultural 20k game for 5763 points. Spoonwood submitted a 1770 AD Huge Sid Cultural 20k game for 37566 points and a 1350 AD Standard Sid Cultural 100k game for 14106 points.

A number of players gained number one positions:
Spoonwood with a 1350 AD Standard Sid Cultural 100k game for 14106 points.

EMan with a 2050 AD Huge Emperor Histographic game for 57850 points.

Congratulations to EMan for rising from 23rd to 17th, to archphoenix for rising from 26th to 25th and to blackhat for rising from 27th to 26th in the Quartermasters competition.
Commiserations to Karl_t_great for falling from 17th to 18th, to Marsden for falling from 18th to 19th, to CKS for falling from 19th to 22nd, to Bartleby for falling from 22nd to 23rd and to Pacioli for falling from 25th to 27th in the Quartermasters competition.

A number of players are working towards the Quartermaster, gaining awards as follows:
Machiavelli : Spoonwood rose from 2nd to 1st, ignas rose from 23rd to 22nd and Rustwork rose from 24th to 23rd.
Pentathlon : blackhat rose from 31st to 30th, Rustwork rose from 32nd to 31st and Dianthus rose from 35th to 34th.
Histographic : EMan rose from 15th to 10th.

Congrats to EMan the Master Milker!...nope...that doesn't sound right.:think::think::think:

How about- Congrats to EMan the Master Histographer!!!:)

Thanks for the writeup, I have always been confused by your naming conventions.

1. EMan's 57850 point Emperor Histographic Game, which had a map with a domination limit over 4500 and a Pyramids SGL on the first tech researched.

2. CKS's small Regent Spaceship game.

3. One of CKS's small Sid 20k games.

4. CKS's other small Sid 20k game.

5. CKS's small Demigod 20k game.

6. CKS's large Deity 20k game.

7. Spoonwood's 100k standard Sid game.

8. Spoonwood's 20k Huge Sid game.

To my surprise, I see that tiny deity domination does not have 10 entries.

9. EMan's Large Warlord Conquest game.

10. EMan's other Large Warlord Conquest game.

Thanks for the comments and statistics Takeo & Spoonwood! :goodjob::goodjob:.
Yes, if I'm going for a Huge Histographic, I want to get Pyramids from SGL at the first tech researched, or I discard the game. My city naming conventions give me info about the city without clicking on the city center map and also the width of borders required (min/max) and the number of forest-bonus tiles chopped. Also, I sometimes add the value of the city, from a points standpoint, and whether it's a temporary or permanent city in the long run. :)

My city naming conventions give me info about the city without clicking on the city center map and also the width of borders required (min/max) and the number of forest-bonus tiles chopped. Also, I sometimes add the value of the city, from a points standpoint, and whether it's a temporary or permanent city in the long run. :)
I more or less do the same thing, but with a Paintshop Pro file. I take snapshots of the map as it gets explored and then type notes onto the map and draw out the borders required or that I would like to have. I color code a dot map for keepers, temporary and 'I don't knows'. I also put the pts value of each city onto the map, so I know quickly which one to switch out for a better spot. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom