[HowTo] Play "Yet (not) Another Earth Map Pack" with CPP

Hey Guys,

First of all - hi to everyone, since I am newly registered on the forum (although have been reading for some time).

I have a strange problem with my Civ 5 setup.

*Setup*
I am using the steam version and have all the DLCs installed, also the newest patch (03.279 I believe).
For some reason I cannot get VP to work with YnAEMP correctly. I am using the non-EUI VP installer for the newest version (posted in another topic by the creator - the newest build with the hotfixes, from yesterday) along with YnAEMP v24 posted by JDF in another topic. I have also applied the fix from this topic, and am using the exact same settings.

*Issues*
1) No resources are placed on the YnAEMP maps, no matter which resource settings I choose in the mod, or whether I use or don't use More Luxuries from VP.
2) TSL for standard civs are not working correctly (the spawns are still random).

I tried with YnAEMP v22 and TSL is working, but there are still no resources.
The resources work with standard Civ5 maps.

I tried re-installing a new, and of course I am not using any other mods that could be causing the conflict. I also tried a previous version of VP to the same effect.

I also tried playing with only YnAEMP enabled, with the VP components turned off (of course I deleted the cache, logs, and moduserdata beforehand), and... there are still no resources anywhere to be found, TSL also not working :'(

Is anyone of you aware of why this might be, and has a fix?
Unfortunately I am a noob when it comes to troubleshooting Civ5, but I will try to post some logs for this.

I am totally addicted to YnAEMP and VP looks so amazing, that it would be the ultimate Civ version that I want to play. The fact that it's not working makes me an utterly miserable panda.

/edit
I seem to have solved my problem. After analyzing the logs I found a syntax error in the YnaemLoading.lua file, probably due to the fact that I copy pasted from the OP and didn't clean up the extra html headers that got in the way due to quotations (color/bold formatting). I see resources now and have no errors in the lua log, although the resource placement seems a bit funky and scare, so will need to experiment with that.

Last edited:
I misunderstood the post as implying the .lua edit had been already incorporated. Once I did it myself all was well.

I was reading a couple of seperate threads that said that this was fixed and not necessary. I was playing with the resource selections and got CTDs as well. Is it confirmed that the fix in not been applied, ie something for YnAEMP v25?

EDIT: "add specific resources @ starting positions" & "add major deposits of strategic resources" causes CTDs. I'll log it if requested however I believe this is a known problem, correct? However, "use true geographic resource placement" works great and even seems to have the extra resource luxuries in good locations...I would need to explore the map more to verify.

Last edited:
Amazing mod though getting ctd after setup...

[9015.812] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[9015.812] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[9020.375] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[9026.250] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[9026.250] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[9035.718]

made the changes like you said...

if you are using v24, replace the MODS\Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack (v 24)\LUA with the 2 lua files I attached. it should at least load the game but I don't guarantee you don't get CTD between turns since I play modified v23 mostly (with the 43 dll that just released without crash using Vox Populi (10-12) )

all options should work, the fix is just for resource (which cause CTD I believe) and city state not removed properly which you will see lone warrior if not fixed

Attachments

• LUA_v24.zip
    8.4 KB · Views: 523
Not sure if intentional, but I noticed ancient ruins spawn a lot on top of mountains in YnAEMP (was using large earth size). I never saw this on other maps.

I'm having a crash to desktop problem and I'm hoping people can give me more things to try to resolve it because I really don't want to lose my game.

I'm using the latest version of VP (downloaded in December, 2015) and the not another giant earth map v.24 with the change config files as described 3 posts above this one. Game was playing great, I set it on marathon speed, 22 civs, I'm Inca

Every turn has been fine with no crashes or issues. Now it's on turn 785, I'm in the atomic era. When I end my turn, the game processes the turns of all over computer civ opponents fine until it cycles to Ethiopia and then the Ethiopian turn takes 3 to 5 minutes (most other civs take their turns in 30 seconds) during which time my worker animations speed up and slow down and the game seems to be freezing, then it drops to desktop with no error message.

I tried loading a save 10 turns before turn 785, play to turn 785 and, same problem, on Ethiopia's turn, slow down, freeze, crash to desktop.

I thought the problem might be something Ethiopia was doing on it's turn, perhaps it was building something that couldn't be built so I loaded a save 10 turns ago and declared war hoping it would change what they were working on or move their troops or something but the same problem happened, turn 785, crash to desktop.

I would really really really like to salvage this save if possible; I've been working on this game for a while and it was getting exciting for me when the crash happened.

Does anyone else have troubleshooting suggestions besides loading earlier saves? Willing to try anything.

I've attached all log files and a save file; the save file is an quicksave saved right at the start of Ethiopia's turn so loading it will cause you to wait as it looks like Ethiopia is taking it's turn but then it'll crash. To load the save, you need to be using the latest VP, the giant earth v.24 map and the config files changed as per the post 3 posts above mine

Attachments

• Logs and save.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 223
Hmm, never tried YNAEMP myself and I think someone else might give you a better insight about what is going on after studying your logs and minidump, but meanwhile, I'd suggest activating IGE (the InGame editor mod) and then fiddling with Ethiopians.

If you delete the whole Ethiopian civ - will the game proceed after turn 785? If no, does deleting the civ whose turn is after Ethiopians help? If yes, then you know it is really the Ethiopians causing the CTD. Reload, keep them alive and try deleting their units by groups. You will then is if it is some unit causing the CTD. Pinpointing the problematic unit can help with debugging and moreover if you delete the unit, you can at least continue your game. You can do the same with their cities.

I assume IGE is a mod, I've never used it before. I'll try that now but can you load a mod into a modded game that's already on the go? I'll try that now, I thought of doing something along those lines but I didn't realize it was possible

Yes, it is a mod - I say it in the brackets :) - I think the official name is InGame Editor and it should be on Steam. And yes, it is savegame compatible, I have used it in the similar occasions as yours. Good luck!

Your suggestion worked, THANK YOU THANK YOU. I used the ingame editor, deleted ethiopia, and the game progressed to my next turn. So obviously Ethiopia is doing <something> to crash the game so I'm going to try deleting groups of units to find out what. But clearly the problem is fixable and now I can salvage my game

Great suggestion, I appreciate it!

As an update, I've gotten the game working, played an additional 10 more turns and no further signs of problems. Seems the solution was to delete 4 Ethiopian cities that were 1 turn away from building broadcast towers; I don't know why this worked but it did.

thanks for steering me in the right direction!

want to say this on GitHub, but will write here: can u try not to delete whole ephiopia and just look at their units?
maybe naval units has no place to move... for me such situation was in October on communitas map(with IGE I just delete naval units from AI and all was fine), from that time I play only fractal and other standart maps and all is fine. )
If u find a reason why game crashes it will help for developers to solve the problem, cause deleting whole civ is not a nice idea...

P.S: Does this map overrides function AssignStartingPlots from VP and has it bisons? And what about glass luxury?
I never tried this map, cause don't know that...

Is anyone else having problems with ruins on mountains? I started a game with a friend on YnAEMP Earth huge and he only finds ruins on mountains. I don't know if all other ruins are already explored, but this seems very strange to me.

@Estebanium: there are some ruins on mountains (inca even more op). If you didn't find one, it's because the AI should have picked all others.

it would really be cool if someone made a mod or edit. All European civs or civs in the Europe area have city distance drop to 2 or just to do something related to the continent. I'm really surprised nobody did that for ynaemp yet.

If changing the city distance for all civs (not just the European ones) works for you, I think you can change it in the (2) CBP/Balance Changes/World Sizes/ - sorry, can't remember the exact file name, but there should be only few files. The min city distance is stored respectively for all world sizes. Unless YNAEMP changes these on its own, these values should do what you are asking for (I change the min distance between to 4 in my games).

I think he speak about the spawn distance, nothing to do with the city separation.

Top Bottom