Resource icon

Jagdgeschwader's REAL WWII World Map [1.0][362x316] 2017-11-15

First off, I used the map from from WWII Hinge of Fate scenario as a starting template, so the creator of that map deserves some credit. However, I have drastically modified it to be incredibly visually accurate in terms of geographical terrain pictures, and to do this I developed a new editing technique.

Through a slow, pain-staking process, I individually identified pertinent tile squares and made changes to the LM terrain files to accurately depict the terrain spread of a real world map. Because this has been an ongoing project, when I originally started I didn't necessarily do so in the most organized way, and although I have gotten much better from this standpoint it is still not perfect and they may be a few unnecessarily modified tiles or a few minor discretions. Nevertheless, it's pretty darn good (as you can see from the pictures) and even though this is an ongoing project that is still far from complete, I wanted to go ahead and provide the map to anyone who wants to use it. Note: because I had to edit files, if you want the map in all its glory you will have to load the edited terrain files into the scenario's folder.

Also, this is a WWII oriented map, so it is a little bit Euro-centric. I have made changes to every continent, but the most substantial and detailed are to Europe.

The most heavily modified areas:

Denmark: notice the tile work with lakes in the tundra
Holland: the tiny island change where Amsterdam is
France: Normandy/Pas-de-Calais area
Italy: the boot is 10/10 and the Adriatic Sea around Trieste is spot on
Black Sea: this is a work of art

(note the black sea is actually slightly better than the initial pictures, the coast square in the Sea of Azov needs to be made a LM square which changes the desert coast (this is the editing technique I was referring to). To do this, place a LM **sea** square there, and then replace the other tiles and it will convert it LM cost) - I attached another pic to make this clear
  • Europe2.png
    Europe2.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 1,041
  • Europe3.png
    Europe3.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 981
  • Europe1.png
    Europe1.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 1,039
  • South Pacific.png
    South Pacific.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 989
  • Japan.png
    Japan.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 996
  • Great Lakes.png
    Great Lakes.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 984
  • Black-Caspian.png
    Black-Caspian.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 921
  • Euro-details.png
    Euro-details.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 882
  • Italy-detailed.png
    Italy-detailed.png
    2 MB · Views: 924
  • Black-Sea-edit.png
    Black-Sea-edit.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 939
Author
jagdgeschwader
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Latest reviews

Great map, extremely accurate. Would be nice if Europe was blown up.
Top Bottom