Saph's Tiny Baltic Sea (TSL)

Saph's Tiny Baltic Sea (TSL) v1.2

SkylarSaphyr-TinyBalticSea.png

Saph's Tiny Baltic Sea

Want to conquer the Baltic but don't have enough time? This tiny map of the region is created just for you!

SkylarSaphyr-TinyBalticSea-map-relief.jpgSkylarSaphyr-TinyBalticSea-map-terrains..jpgSkylarSaphyr-TinyBalticSea-map-full..jpgSkylarSaphyr-TinyBalticSea-map-TSL..jpg

Design Features

• Navigable major rivers:
    The Rhine, part of the Elbe, the Oder, the Vistula and the Danube are coast tiles, giving you a slight challenge in exploration and expansion in the early game.
  • Fresh water galore:
    I might have gone overboard with this but I have added a lot of minor rivers based on their real life layout and locations. May your cities always stay hydrated!
  • Working floodplains:
    This YnAMP-based map has actual river flooding, so dam construction and flooding events are possible.
  • TSL for custom civs:
    I've added true starting locations for JFD's Denmark and Merrick's Finland. (If you want any other relevant civs to be added, please let me know in the comments!)

Details

Map size: 50 x 45 (Tiny)

Required Mod: Gedemon's Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

Civs & City States

Civs with TSL (9 official + 2 custom civs)

City States with TSL (3-5 official civs + 2 custom civs)

Note: To get the custom city states to show up at their TSL, you have to uncheck Only Civilizations/CityStates with TSL during set-up and hand-pick them from the list of city states (i.e. don't let them game choose your city states randomly for you).

Game Set-up

To play with advanced YnAMP settings, you need to
  1. Have this mod and Yet (not) Another Map Pack installed and enabled ingame
  2. Single Player --> Create Game --> Load Database (next to the BACK button) and wait for the game to load
  3. Once loaded, you will be back to the main menu
  4. Single Player --> Create Game (You should see a tick next to CREATE GAME at the top.) --> Choose Map Type --> Saph's Tiny Baltic Sea --> Advanced Setup

Recommended Settings
  1. Adjust the number of civs (max 11) and city states (max 5-7) in the game to your liking.
  2. Turn ON Only Civilizations/CityStates with TSL to choose your starting civs + city states. This way you ensure only civs with TSL will start.
  3. If you want to play with the custom city states Riga and Tallinn at their TSL, you need to turn OFF Only Civilizations/CityStates with TSL and manually pick the city states to start with. (Specifically, if you have R&F + GS and you want to play with all 5 TSL city states, choose Brussels + Riga + Tallinn + Wolin + Vilnius.)
  4. Features Placement: Choose Import for pre-placed features. Choosing Map Generator would randomise the features (i.e. woods, rainforests, marshes & reefs)
  5. Coastal Lowland: Choose Map Generator for random placement / Matching flatlands for more dramatic flooding / Empty for no lowlands
  6. Rivers Flooding: Choose Map Generator / Empty for no floodplains & flooding (and hence no dams)
  7. Resource Quantity: Your own preference (Resources are map-generated; this map does not contain pre-placed resources.)
  8. Civilization Placement: Choose True Starting Locations
  9. Enforce TSL: Choose A.I. if you do not want the A.I. to stray from their TSLs
  10. Turn on Use Leaders TSL when available & Use Alternate TSL if required and available, but turn off Allow random placement for civs without TSL
  11. Turn on No Duplicate Civilizations & No Duplicate Leaders

Special Thanks

The creation of this Civ 6 map would not have been possible without Gedemon's YnAMP and Zobtzler's YnABMC and their posts on the Civfanatics forum.
Author
Skylar Saphyr
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from Skylar Saphyr

Top Bottom