Resource icon

Tower of Eyes / Tower of Saruman 2016-10-05

Magister Cultuum said:
The Palus is the Tower of the Eyes, which is currently a wonder but since thematically it was built in the Age of Magic seems more appropriate as a unique feature. It was an ancient fortresses founds in the middle of a large unoccupied wilderness. (For some reason I like to think that it was actually the ruins of Kyorlin's old palace from which he once ruled Patria. All that remains intact was very tower from which he tried to jump to his death before Ceridwen stopped him. He brutality of his rule and wanton use of magic would have left the once lush surroundings just about uninhabitable.) After Kyorlin broke the block he had placed in Perpentach's mind so that all the other minds in there could burst out and make concentration for his opponent impossible, thus letting Kyorlin break away from Perpentach's mind control and defeat his old student, he locked him away in this tower. He had a small army of special Golems built and enchanted to guard him, as they would be impervious to mind magic. Perpantach was stuck here until his body was withering with old age, hen his now insane but capable mind managed to reach out to the boarders of the wilderness and take over The Momus, who led his band of Carnies to the Tower and fought the golems. It is implied that the vast majority of the carnies died, but that they were successful enough to get close enough for Perpentach to transfer his mind entirely into the Momus's body and escape. I like to think that the remains of Perpentach's original body are still locked in the tower, and that a few golems may remain to guard it. It would be a source of Mind Magic and an Epic Lair. I'm thinking it could be nice for units that get near it to trigger the last few golems to defend it, and for those who enter it to become Crazed. It would increase a units line of sight more than a normal ancient tower, maybe as much as the Mirror of Heaven. I've just been using the normal Ancient Tower graphics in my version, but something unique could be nice. Something resembling the Orthanc (Sauruman's tower from LotR) could be nice. Perhaps it would actually have a set of giant eyes carved near the top of the tower, maybe 1 in each cardinal direction right below the platform from whcih the dark mage could look out over his ruined kingdom. Actual glowing eyes like the one in the tower in Mordor might be too much.

once again i made this for the FfH mod, based off of MCs description above. i based the model off of the tower of Isenguard from Lord of the Rings, so a simple reskin to get rid of the eyes would probably work for any lord of the rings mods too :)
  • tower_of_eyes_teaser_3g0.jpg
    tower_of_eyes_teaser_3g0.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 291
Author
Psychic_Llamas
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Top Bottom