Revolution IOT

Or, given the alternate timeline, they all might have learned it via government regulation, and after spending a few years at it and the other ridiculous government requests, they rebelled.

What do you guys think of the map? Besides the fact its out of date nationwise.

Surprisingly, I like it.

And it's not really out of date. I redrew the borders so that it's possible to approximate real life current and 20th century national borders. Subnational borders aren't accurate though, except for Australia, Canada and the United States. I didn't think too many people are going to complain about the rest. :p

Or, given the alternate timeline, they all might have learned it via government regulation, and after spending a few years at it and the other ridiculous government requests, they rebelled.

The timeline splits in 1947 after Operation Downfall. There were no nuclear weapons used and for the next 8 years, there was a violent third global war that tore apart every nation on the planet. Egypt would have a hell of a hard time dealing with that and funding everything from survival in a war to getting everybody to learn Coptic when there are naturally far less speakers at the time.

Well it was used but not bad, I would have liked a bit more territories in Africa

My thoughts too.

Surprisingly, I like it.

And it's not really out of date. I redrew the borders so that it's possible to approximate real life current and 20th century national borders. Subnational borders aren't accurate though, except for Australia, Canada and the United States. I didn't think too many people are going to complain about the rest. :p

No. It didn't mean out of date that way. I meant out of date since the new nations haven't been included yet. :lol:

My problem is that when I compared this map to the one being used in IOT6, I only paid attention to North America since North America got crowded extremely quickly in IOT6. I didn't look at the rest of the world sooo all the other continents actually have less provinces than IOT6.

You started it.

The timeline splits in 1947 after Operation Downfall. There was no nuclear weapons used and for the next 8 years, there was a violent third global war that tore apart every nation on the planet. Egypt would have a hell of a hard time dealing with that and funding everything from survival in a war to getting everybody to learn Coptic when there are naturally far less speakers at the time.

Well that's a bit different.

Still, it's not Coptic. It's ancient Egyptian. It's not like it's the only spoken language, or anyone's perfect at it. It's just the official language. Maybe fully in effect by 1980.

Also, do we get 5lps to spend this turn? I'm probably gonna need some armies if someone sticks their nation where I plan to expand, wherever that may be.

Well that's a bit different.

Still, it's not Coptic. It's ancient Egyptian. It's not like it's the only spoken language, or anyone's perfect at it. It's just the official language. Maybe fully in effect by 1980.

Also, do we get 5lps to spend this turn? I'm probably gonna need some armies if someone sticks their nation where I plan to expand, wherever that may be.

I'll budge.

Yes. You'll start off with 5 LPs but the game hasn't started yet....

THE NATION OF X

Government: Dictatorship
Leader: El X (real name is not known)
Religion: Xism (with the Xcorcism sect being popular)
Languages: X-ian
Currency: X Dollar
Capital: X City (RL Tangiers)
Social Freedoms: Only for El X
Political Freedoms: Only for El X
Economy: Everything belongs to El X
Law: Can do anything but insult El X
National anthem: The X Files Theme
Development: Third World
National Goal: Obey X :assimilate:
Description: After WWII, El X appeared out of nowhere as a strong military leader in the chaos of all the world. He quickly took over the territories shown in my claims, and became a great leader of the X 'Cult'. He would disappear, and would be worshipped by the people forever more...
Claims: (changed)

ETA launch?

dmanit! launch now and let lallygaggers join in later turns!

My problem is that when I compared this map to the one being used in IOT6, I only paid attention to North America since North America got crowded extremely quickly in IOT6. I didn't look at the rest of the world sooo all the other continents actually have less provinces than IOT6.

Here's what I was thinking: more province in North America 'cause it always fills up quickly, less provinces in Europe 'cause even though it also fills up quickly it still takes a long time to claim all the provinces, less provinces almost everywhere else because most people starts in Europe or North America.

Dividing North American provinces, to almost double their number would make sense for the majority of people seem to want to BE america.

Sameways you could merge a lot of African ones since there seems to be hundreds more than anywhere else, and noone (but me;)) wants them!

dmanit! launch now and let lallygaggers join in later turns!

I'll launch tomorrow if it seems like the stream of new players decreases.

Here's what I was thinking: more province in North America 'cause it always fills up quickly, less provinces in Europe 'cause even though it also fills up quickly it still takes a long time to claim all the provinces, less provinces almost everywhere else because most people starts in Europe or North America.

I see the reasoning but that means that there's much less room to expand into. I'll see how it plays out since maybe it's no big deal. I'm using the other next map next time though (since I love that map). :p

Edit: Given that 1 territory=1 LP, I guess I like the map because it forces the European players to colonize. Hmm....in the future I might cross East Asia, Central America, South America, and Africa from the detailed IOT map into this one.

more deets added

You could always divide the states into districts :p

Dividing North American provinces, to almost double their number would make sense for the majority of people seem to want to BE america.

Sameways you could merge a lot of African ones since there seems to be hundreds more than anywhere else, and noone (but me;)) wants them!

I want Africa :(

Well, the good parts, anyway. And since I don't want the bother to go south, the north is mine! :aargh:

Top Bottom