NOTW XXXIX: Impending Retribution Game Thread

I agree with most of you that Methos should be Captain. I also think he (Methos) should get the key, so that he can get around the ship.

Diamondeye can have the gun, although I was sorely tempted to give it to Winston to see if he could get any of those pesky gulls...

Mason, shook his head, shocked by Diamondeyes accusation. Sir, I am the air traffic controller. You as a Commander should know that. And I see the Apache as having several advantages.
1. Classical Hero can not repair anything else without tools, but he can quick repair the helicopter. I see no reason to waste this ability.
2. It gives us a means of defense in case of attack by anything other than a full warship.
3. It gives us a way to scout for incoming enemies.
4. It gives us a possible way to contact the outside world, if it all goes to hell. Most importantly, it 5. Lets us do all these at once, where other systems will give us only one of these abilities.

This actually seems reasonable. classical hero the key.

I suppose the other commander DE should have a the gun

(OOC: vote count would be nice. Rather the key go to me than to classical hero.)

Commander Methos should be our captain.

Mason, shook his head, shocked by Diamondeyes accusation. Sir, I am the air traffic controller. You as a Commander should know that. And I see the Apache as having several advantages.
1. Classical Hero can not repair anything else without tools, but he can quick repair the helicopter. I see no reason to waste this ability.
2. It gives us a means of defense in case of attack by anything other than a full warship.
3. It gives us a way to scout for incoming enemies.
4. It gives us a possible way to contact the outside world, if it all goes to hell. Most importantly, it 5. Lets us do all these at once, where other systems will give us only one of these abilities.

6. The apache would be effective to help destroy the ship. Don't forget after all, the Aegis is down.

While, I am not wholly against the helicopter being repaired, I don't think it should be done till the Aegis is back online. Should the wrorng person get into the helicopter, we could have a bunch of rockets raining down on us without any means of defense. It would be far more effective than using bits of explosive.

With that in mind, I agree with the commanders Assessment, Duke Blackstone should by in the brig tonight.

End Morning Phase One, Start Midday Phase One

Journal Entry Number Two. 13:00 shipboard time.

I've given up trying to start this entry with some sort of vague introduction. Legitimate ideas have failed me. Speaking of legitimate ideas…

… Voting today has been active and at times heated. Only a handful of accusations have been thrown around which is probably a reasonable amount considering nobody knows anything concrete at this point it seems. Both Nictel and choxorn lead the execution vote with a convincing two votes each.

The Captaincy vote has been fairy predictable. Our Commanders Methos and Diamondeye were the top choices early until Diamondeye conceded the position to the former. Barring a last-minute change of heart by almost the entire crew, it seems Methos will become the new Captain.

What’s hazier though is the Master Key vote. A number of people have claimed to be able to need it and it’s currently a tight race between Autolycus, Renata, and classical_hero, among others. Clearly the jury is still out on this.

The revolver vote is also not as clear, though it’s been more or less narrowed down between the two Commanders. Right now it's a tie between Methos and Diamondeye as the bulk of the crew feels compelled to give this item to someone of seniority. After all, it was Captain Whitower's personal piece. Even still, there's others that would like to use it to take care of the current sea gull problem swarming around the ship.

With the day halfway over it's nice to see just about everyone out and about discussing things amongst the crew. The big topic of discussion thus far has been the repair status of the Apache. Some have argued to ignore it and focus on fixing the ship; while others have said it could be used to protect the ship while the electronic defenses the ship normally relies on are offline. Others point out it could also just be used to escape the Impending Retribution. All are probably valid points.

Anyway, that's the update for today. Hopefully we'll continue to see some discussion as to who the crew thinks we should imprison tonight. Perhaps if the voting gets hot enough we'll even consider executing someone. It's probably not the best system to have in place and given its failure with Commander Logic's platoon definitely not moral, but it's all we have. I'll comment more on that closer to the end of today.

~~~​

Execution:
Nictel: 2
choxorn: 2
robbiecon: 1
CCRunner: 1
TheLastOne36: 1
Renata: 1
civplayah: 1
Ekolite: 1
Winston Hughes: 1
landlubber: 1
Darth Caesar
*KRGHM* : 1

Captain Vote:

Methos: 14
AskThePizzaGuy: 4
God Emperor: 3
Diamondeye: 2
Duke Blackstone: 2
Nictel: 1
TheForestAuro: 1
Zack: 1

Master Key Vote:

Autolycus: 5
Renata: 4
Methos: 4
classical_hero: 3
Duke Blackstone: 1
TheForestAuro: 1

Whitower's Revolver Vote:

Methos: 6
Diamondeye: 6
Secura: 1
Duke Blackstone: 1
Winston Hughes: 1

Voting Still Open.

• Lynch votes in Bold.
  • Votes for Captain in Blue.
  • Votes for Master Key in Purple.
  • Votes for Whitower's Revolver in Dark Red.

Quick Notes:
  • Anyone regardless of rank is eligible for the Captaincy.
  • I would love it if I could hear your thoughts as the game progresses. You may PM me with your thoughts, or if you'd like you can send me your msn and I'll add you when I get around to it.
  • Remember to keep this thread as IC as possible.
  • Over/Under Number is 4.
  • Keep in mind secret votes have not been counted in the above Vote Tally.

Deadline for all voting is 23 hours from this post!

Apologies for slight tardiness with post. Imageshack was unbearably slow today.

I already voted the revolver to Methos, just a reminder again where I believe it's best. He, Methos, might be the best compromise as a choice to get the Master Key right now too especially if he's fulfilling duties as captain and promises not to give it away dangerously behind everyone's backs.

I suppose that was rather short-sighted of me to be so unwilling to trust others. After further consideration, I believe the Revolver and Captaincy should go to Methos, but I don't want to put all the eggs in one basket - Key to Renata.

Abstain for lynch, Zack for captain, I'd like the revolver, Abstain for master key.

I don't think anyone deserves the brig as of now. (Abstain). Methos should get the revolver if he's to be captain. I still think I should have the key.

Sounds like a copycat to me…

We have at least three individuals who claim to have a valid need for the key. I'm currently unsure as to which to vote on, as it appears others are too. Can you all state either publicly, or privately, why you feel you should have the key and in what way the ship at large would benefit from such a decision?

I'd like to have it to access and repair the hangar and helicopter, also to be able to find fuel, tools, spare parts, etc. for said airship.

I'd like to have it to access and repair the hangar and helicopter, also to be able to find fuel, tools, spare parts, etc. for said airship.

Fair enough... Vote Master key to Takhisis

Top Bottom