NOTW XXXIX: Impending Retribution Game Thread

Since we don't wish to rid ourselves of an obvious landlubber, I propose we toss the supposedly classical "hero" into the brig, for acting as if I knew ahead of time what lubber's ability and/or usefulness was, and using that contrived non-reasoning as an excuse to point fingers at me.

If you want me gone, just say so. Don't invent excuses out of whole cloth.

Now I'm honestly confused about this, but iirc Takhisis questioned that the helicopter got fixed without his doing; yesterday classical was claiming to need to have access to the hangar to fix the helicopter.

So if classical hero could account for what he did last night (as a repairman of some sort) I'm going to vote landlubber for now to go into the brig (I haven't tallied to see if this puts him over/under, but I should be back around 11 est to check if it does). Until he gets a more coherent statement of what to do a night in the brig is fine.

I know others have said landlubbers PG is related to a two-person action, but PGs are not critical to the safety of the ship tbh. One night in the brig won't effect that.

there is no benefit in such a move... We know he will performing a pg the following night so imprisonment or worse will be of no help at all

One of the saboteurs was imprisonde the night before? Pah. What about the damage to the sleeping quarters and the bridge?

"I was speaking in general terms - not about tonight, but about how it would appear in general. If the detonations are 24 hours delayed, the imprisonment will matter the night before there is less sabotage. Is that understood? Also, Takhisis, I am still your superior. You will remember to address me as so."

Kennigit, I fail to see how I went after Nictel at all today. CCRunner questioned my actions regarding Nictel yesterday so all I did was explain why I did it. And as to why I am voting Niklas right now, ATPG hit the nail right on the head. I am trying to get him to talk more because the more active the innocents are, the more likely we are to put a good plan together, and the more active the mafia are, the more likely they will make a mistake.

"Mafia? This is the Navy. We are dealing with Rogue Agents and saboteurs, to my knowledge. And now mafioso as well? We're going to be outnumbered pretty soon, huh?"

OOC: Seriously - less mafia talk. This is NotW game. Also, no more OOC from me in-thread, I just had to say this. OOC is bad.

My apologies Commander Diamondeye, I don't know what came over me when I said that. My mind must off thinking about that popular TV show where some people were in a similar situation, except with mafia. But right now on this ship is more than a TV show, it is real life, so I promise I won't make the mistake again.:p

Nobody commenting on CCRunner, not even CCRunner? Interesting.
My apologies, I was wandering the ship for pretty much the last 24 hours. And I believe I have sufficiently explained my actions in private... In other news, I no longer particularly believe that Frozen in Ice is a real danger to the crew, at least for the time being.

Now, it's hard to hear the conversation on deck while you're wandering aimlessly like I was doing, so I'm not sure if this question got resolved or not, but I am skeptical of the crate containing a bomb. Just saying. There's easier ways to blow somebody up than taking the trouble to boobytrap a crate then vote it away.

"I was speaking in general terms - not about tonight, but about how it would appear in general. If the detonations are 24 hours delayed, the imprisonment will matter the night before there is less sabotage. Is that understood? Also, Takhisis, I am still your superior. You will remember to address me as so."
Sir, sorry, sir.
Don't stick your tongue out at a Commander, Apprentice Seaman! That's insubordination!
My apologies, I was wandering the ship for pretty much the last 24 hours. And I believe I have sufficiently explained my actions in private... In other news, I no longer particularly believe that Frozen in Ice is a real danger to the crew, at least for the time being.
Would you care to share some of that proof? I'll unvote the apprentice sailor if the proof is enough.
CCRUnner said:
Now, it's hard to hear the conversation on deck while you're wandering aimlessly like I was doing, so I'm not sure if this question got resolved or not, but I am skeptical of the crate containing a bomb. Just saying. There's easier ways to blow somebody up than taking the trouble to boobytrap a crate then vote it away.
No, the question hasn't been resolved. We'll just have to wait until dusk then.

there is no benefit in such a move... We know he will performing a pg the following night so imprisonment or worse will be of no help at all

More, imprisoning one of you without the other only offers an easy means for our friendly neighborhood rogues to prevent the whole party from ever going off, by killing the one not in prison.

I want a party!

What the frack is this! I'm here doing my job and everybody just wants to party?

Fracking ridiculous. But I suppose I can't stop it from happening; unvote landlubber

I don't actually know what the frack Earthling actually *does* to help the ship. Brig for a day makes the laziness wash away.

I want a party!

Maybe I'll see you there. :cool:

*practicing being smooth*

Hey, pretty lady. You from around here?

Oh, one deck up, I see.

How's the uh.... weather... up there?

Artificial lighting, recycled air. Same as on my deck. Fascinating, truly fascinating.

Would you care to dance?

No?

That's okay. I'm cool. We're cool.

See you at the next meeting?

...Miss?

Yeah, still got it. :goodjob:

Private Officer 3rd class landlubber appears to be a bad choice for the Brig tonight.

landlubber

The day is fading quick so I will trust my captain and vote: CCRunner.

I am going to switch my vote to Takhisis because I still feel like he was arbitrarily trying to add to a supposed "case" agianst me.

End Midday Phase Two, Start Night Phase Two

Journal Entry Number Six. 20:00 shipboard time.

The trends present at the midday mark continued into the night. The two leading item vote getters, Seon and Methos, each received the Experimental Drug and Crate respectively. After talk for much of the day regarding the possibility of the Crate being a bomb, most of the crew was relieved when Methos didn’t explode upon opening the container.

While the item votes had remained static, the execution votes had swung in a different direction. After landlubber and Frozen in Ice led the votes at midday, CCRunner took the lead toward the end of the day under suspicion of his alleged activities in the Engine Room the night before. While not enough to outright execute him, it was decided per ship’s protocol to stuff him in the Brig for the night.

The crew dispersed to the damaged Sleeping Quarters for the night, each hoping tonight would not be their last. After talk of a party on board for part of the day, the crew as a whole finally had something to look forward to. Some were even starting to dress up for it, much to the dismay of the more sane crew members. Everyone taking things one day at a time, they each just hoped to live to see it.

~~~​

Execution:

CCRunner: 4 (3 players, 1 secret vote)
Frozen in Ice: 3
Takhisis: 3 (2 players, 1 secret vote)
Earthling: 2
classical_hero: 1
Autolycus: 1
Ekolite: 1
Izipo: 1
choxorn: 1
Seon: 1
askthepizzaguy: 1

Experimental Drug:

Seon: 11 (10 players, 1 secret vote)
Methos: 4
Winston Hughes: 1

Crate:

Methos: 16 (15 players, 1 secret vote)
Diamondeye: 3
DaveShack: 3 (2 players, 1 secret vote)

It is now Night Phase Two! Remember the subject heading I asked everyone to use: Orders for (Player) for Night Phase Two

It’s now Night. Posting is Closed; DO NOT POST.

End Night Phase Two, Start Morning Phase Three

Journal Entry Number Seven. 06:00 shipboard time. Ten Days to Port.

So, I wake up to find a number of interesting developments.

First of which is the Galley looks much different. Things have been moved around and there’s a crazy amount of food being cooked. We're all hungry, but there's no way we're going to eat that much of the Navy's rations. Tables have been moved to the perimeter of the room and there’s a makeshift stage being constructed at another end. Looks like a party is going to happen, but I've been wrong before.

There also were a handful of promotions last night. The first of which is God Emperor is now a Commander, filling the vacancy left by Methos when he acquired the Captain's duties. TheForestAuro joined the Commissioned Ranks with a promotion to Lieutenant Junior Grade with Izipo receiving the Chief Petty Officer rank. Lastly, TheLastOne36 was promoted to Chief Warrant Officer, Three, with rhawn taking over Petty Officer 3rd Class duties.

With that news out of the way, I turn now to pontificate the more, eh, 'bad' events from last night. The damage report shows the Bridge damaged again, though there’s evidence repairs were also made as well. Despite this effort, the Bridge has suffered more damage than was present yesterday. The Deck was also a casualty of some destruction, but this time the damage is catastrophic. Despite an attempt to repair damage present from yesterday, the Deck was so badly mauled it was beginning to affect compartments below. Due to seawater leakage from above, other compartments below decks began suffering a small amount of damage. Until the Deck is repaired, it's likely this damage will continue and possibly get worse.

While surveying the Deck, a gruesome discovery was made. Newly promoted TheForestAuro was found murdered the same way Lieutenant Commander Love had. With two bullets in his chest and another through his forehead, there was no question the man was dead. However despite the death, he was found around a large hole that definitely wasn't present the day before. Armed with those facts, it was reasonable to conclude

Spoiler :
TheForestAuro was a Saboteur!

While on the Deck, yet another Crate was found. Once again, Command had bestowed another gift on them all. Its contents would be voted on during the day.

After not being present for both breakfast and the Deck inspection tour, sailors began to wonder where Romanichine was. Heading back down to the Sleeping Quarters, they found him in one of the hallways by the compartment dressed and ready for the day’s events except for one minor detail: he was dead. The kill method was identical to that of TheForestAuro, so it was concluded that the same killers that took out TFA also killed Romanichine. After searching through his belongings they found an Assault Rifle for vote, but nothing else that would indicate the recently deceased to be against the crew or ship in anyway. It was decided that

Spoiler :
Romanichine was innocent.

While examining the body of Romanichine, some sailors heard a plea for help coming from one of the ship's many supply closets. After a number of false alarms consisting of sailors opening a number of closets to find mops, paintbrushes, and other janitorial devices, they eventually found Takhisis stuffed upside down in one. After extracting him carefully, they discovered he had been brutally attacked during the night and was injured. Takhisis was fairly incoherent and was unable to say who his attacker was, probably because he had suffered a concussion and didn’t remember the night at all. He was placed in the Sick Bay for monitoring and was restricted to doing nothing until his injuries could clear up.

After doing a quick head count, they realized CCRunner was also missing, but that was because he was still locked in the Brig. Despite his complaints the interior was rather drab and needed a paint job, not to mention he was a little wet from the damage above him, the crew still let him out of his cell.

Thus concludes a busy morning. Thankfully we got a Saboteur, but it's likely there's still others out there. Plus the increase in kills worries me – one death was enough. Now two? Until we catch the killers, there's no way any of us will be able to sleep soundly anymore.

~~~​

New Rank Hierarchy:

Night Phase Two is over and posting is open.

• Execution votes in Bold
  • Votes for the Assault Rifle in Blue.
  • Votes for the Crate in Dark Red.

Quick Notes:
  • I have been informed the TheLastOne36 is dropping out and requires a replacement. If anyone knows anyone that may be available, please send him or her my way so I can attempt to have the role replaced.
  • God Emperor has been promoted from Recruit to Commander
  • TheForestAuro before his death was promoted to Lieutenant Junior Grade with Izipo taking TFA's Chief Petty Officer rank.
  • Despite the inactivity, TheLastOne36's role was promoted from Petty Officer 3rd Class to Chief Warrant Officer, Three. rhawn takes over at Petty Officer 3rd Class.
  • Takhisis is injured.
  • Result PM's are being sent now. EDIT: I think I have them all sent.
  • I am adding New Rank Hierarchy Graphics to accompany each phase with rank changes.
  • Over/Under Number is 4.

You may now post!

Hmmm... Perhaps we shouldnt have let Nictel out of the brig afterall?

I am glad to see that one trying to damage our ship has been caught. Though it is a concern that that the assassins seem to be getting more bold. 2 kills and another being attacked.

I think it is in the public best interest that the person responsible for promoting TFA should step forwards. it wouls be interesting to know the reason and provide clues as to who the other sabatours maybe.

Top Bottom